Story (To Live your dream!) - A diary of a unknown Victorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Livingyourdreamlogo.jpg

Well diary stories seem to be the "New thing" in Planetcricket at the moment, so as well as starting this story, i will still continue my "New Zealand tour" story which has been my main attention for a little while.

Chapters.jpg

Chapter 1
(I missed it again!!! :noway)

4 years people!!! 4 friggen years and i've missed it again. How could i not have known that today was the start of the series. Man of man, what was i thinking. Well it really wasn't my fault i missed it this time... stupid freakin studies, honestly, anyone who taking a study, get out while you can :p.

This is the 4th year in a row i have missed the start of the Ashes series against Australia and England, and this time i wasn't impressed. It's spose to be one of the most talked up things in the cricketing calender, and one day, i wish i could just sit there, having no drama's:mad: and actually watching the beginning of the Series. Stupid studies, who invented them? Or who even suggested that we had to take these stupid studies to be smart......:onpc

Well guys this is me. A 17 year old kid attending University in Melbourne Australia. I must admit it, i'm pretty geeky in school, and today was a bad mistake. My geekiness made me miss out on the start of the Ashes series for the 4th year in a row. My dream as a kid was to go and see a beginning of an Ashes series, but with my parents splitting up when i was 10 wasn't helpful. My dad runned away from our family after things got a little tough, and my mum had this dead end job where she didn't make that much money to support me or my brother. So i had to go live out with my uncle who is a cricket nutter :upray thankgod for that, but even he didn't work, so he had no money to take me to the Ashes. So i was basically stuck on my own. And not working like i am now, and only staying in school to give me something to do, isn't going to help me get to the Ashes either. So what should i do, give up my studies and go out looking for work :spy. Or be the smart kid in the family and stay in school and just never go to the Ashes ever :mad: NAH!!! That's defiently not an option. I had to go out and do something to get money to i can save to go to these Ashes series in a couple of years time.

I live in a little (well it's not really little now, but when i was growing up it was little) town called Bendigo, around 2 hours away from Melbourne, so every 2nd day i have to travel to Melbourne to attend Monash university. It's a massive university, but the other couple of days that i am home, im always on the internet looking up stuff and doing homework and assingments that are due to University. Boring???? Oh i know yes, god yes it is, but hey, that's who i am :cool:
I'm certainly not the fittest kid going around since all i do is sit on the computer and research, but walking around the huge collage grounds gets my weight down ha! So if you think that i'm going to become a sporting superstar, then your wrong!

templa1.jpg

(Monash university, Melbourne.... i told you it was massive :p:p )​

Now your probably all thinking, being a Victorian in Australia, that i love Aussie Rules? Well yeah your right :p i love watching it of course, but being a young teenager, playing AFL is certainly not the sport for me. I'm only a skinny kid, around 184cm and only 67kg. So facing up against blokes that are around 100kg is certainly something that i'd never attend to do. Aussie Rules is a pretty tough competitive sport which you need muscle and skill to produce good football. (Neither of them i have):banana2.
Don't get me wrong, i love watching the game, it's very exciting and entertaining, but playing it, i would get creamed. My uncle suggested to me only just a couple of weeks ago, that i should try out with Cricket. A world game which is very popular between countries.... Well.. maybe his got a point. If Aussie Rules is too rough for someone my size, then maybe Cricket is a game i could give a try at. Plus maybe, i might meet some famous people and they can help me get to the Ashes :p im very doubting it, but hey, you can always...................

DREAM!!!

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Great start Roo, Brilliant writing :clap, You could do the studies and do a small job at the same time. Looking forward for more of this . KIU

Roofrom50

International Coach
Great start Roo, Brilliant writing :clap, You could do the studies and do a small job at the same time. Looking forward for more of this . KIU
Lol this story is completely made up, as in real, i don't attend school anymore, and i'm always working :p

Good start here, Roo. I reckon you should take up cricket, Mr.Geek.
Thanks mate, i rekon i should too :p but we'll see

Roofrom50

International Coach
Chapters.jpg

Chapter 2
(Was this the beginning?)

April 28th, 2009
Time - 12:14pm

My weekends was my only place for freedom from my college work. I had the whole week to study and do whatever to my assingments (mainly fail them:p) but the weekend was a place where i could relax and go out with Tom (formely known as Highlander) and paaarrttyyy!!!! Only problem with that is, Tom always brings his annoying little friends, Dr.Pepper and Griffo (who, between me and you, suck at dancing, and can never get the ladies):happy:happy

About every saturday, me and my uncle have nothing to do, so we go and watch my slightly older brother play club cricket for Marong, a little town outside of Bendigo. Now my brother isn't the best cricket player in the world, and he certainly doesn't know how to bat. He is defiently a bowler, he just looks so uncanny when he comes in too bat, and i think his highest score in about 10 years would be 4? :p:p

My uncle and i got to the ground relativly early with me bro, only because he needed a lift and he had to be their early to get changed and what not, so the next hour was going to be the worst of my life, waiting for the match, and as Marong aren't any good at cricket... we'll watch them get thrashed!!! Once again :eek:

Waiting.jpg

(Boooorrrrriiinnnnggggg)

April 28th, 2009
Time - 12.29pm

A little controversy before the start of the match, as the match was scheduled just under 20 minutes, all the Marong players we're running around everywhere... What the hell was going on??? I went up and talked to my brother who was also running around like a headless chicken.. what's going on mate?
Brother: We only had just enough numbers to make up one team, and if we can't find another player we'll have to forfit the match, we're defiently not going to do that.. have you seen anyone that is capable of playing?
Me: Umm nah mate, i haven't seen anyone around (only because hardly anyone turned up to these sorts of games):p
Brother: Damn it, how about you little brother, will you help us out?? Please mate, your not good i know, but atleast we'll have the numbers to play out the match....
Me: Me play cricket? hahaha you got to be joking mate.. There is no way i'm playing cricket against those blokes, they'll tear me apart......

Or will they???

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Good update again Roo..good writing and pres.; Good luck for the match if you decide to play...

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder if you'll take up the challenge of playing cricket ;) I'm interested in this story, good luck with it :)

MWaugh

International Coach
Good luck with the story mate. Unfortunate that your a Victorian though (i guess at least your not a queenslander). Interesting start and build up

Roofrom50

International Coach
Chapters.jpg

Chapter 3
(Was i kidding myself?)

April 28th, 2009
Time - 3:12pm

Well was it my own mistake that i took up the opportunity to play cricket for the Marong side, when i have never played a official cricket match before. I have always played my brother in the backyard, as you do when your a child when your bored, pretending to be Donald Bradman and Dennis Lilly and facing each other

Just to let you all know, i accepted the chance to play in this match, as i sat for 12th man at the moment, but when one of our batsmen came off the ground hurt from a bouncer of a ball... i thought to myself.. holy crap.. i was about to go onto the ground when the next wicket was taken.
James Bower was the batsmen that was in before me, and when he went out, only about 10 minutes after getting in... and now this was down to me.. Now i must admit, i had batted a little when my brother and i was playing in the backyard.. but i hadn't touched a cricket bat in about 5 years, so i wouldn't be surprised if i went out for a duck in this match.

I got the news that some Australian selector was coming around to country matches to see if there is any unknown talent around Australia to go to the Australian Cricket camp in about 3 months time. Lol, even so, i knew i'd never be able to get a run in this competition, so i didn't worry about it...:p

Will i get a run in this innings?

45546bf2867b9.jpg

Well this is the bat that i got handed before the match, it looked pretty good, and when i was walking onto the ground i thought that it looked pretty good with me. It suited me well. So oh god, i stood there out in the middle of the ground, about to face my first official ball, and i have been watching this bloke all day, he is a bloody quick bowler, so i was pretty much crapping myself :p and i wanted to do was just run off the ground so i didn't have to embarrase myself infront of the people that turned out.

The bloke came running in... well not running.. actually steaming in :p as i braced myself, and i just wanted to say goodbye to my beautiful face, as i know he'll bring in a bouncer and smash my face open... I was right, he did bring in a bouncer, but for some reason i knew what was going to happen, so i lent back on my left foot, and widly threw my arms out, and ended up hooking the ball down on the ground..... OH MY GOD, i hit the ball, but that was just step one... now i called out "yes" to my partner up the other end, and we ran three quick runs...

Woah, it was that easy. Widly throw your arms out and try and connect bat with ball:p:D that's all i had to know. That was my modo :P

I used that modo throughout the whole time that i was on the ground, and believe it or not.. i made 43 runs before i was caught out after getting a little too confident and trying to smash the spin bowler over the top of the fieldsmen. But hey, i enjoyed myself out there today, and there is no way im not going to shy around.. i'm certainly going to let my brother know about this and pee him off about how good of a batsmen i am compared to him :P

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Congratulations on scoring 43 in your first ever match despite not touching a cricket bat for 5 years, and playing against older people... :p

Nah it's good writing and presentation mate, looking forward to you getting scouted soon.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah as Jaz said good to see you score 43 runs in your first ever match and that also older people. Pres and writing is top class and KIU :clap

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder if the Australian selector took notice of your batting. A very good innings, good luck on building on that :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
haha, good start to this diary mate :) Looking forward to the storyline in which you are going to take this :) Good luck :thumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread