Trademark Shots

Kelp

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
why is copyrighted material allowed in avatars and signatures then?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
holmie said:
since there are alot of batsmen that have their own way of playing certain shots, i want to dedicate a whole thread to list all of them and their trademark shot. and example will be Pietersen with his Flamingo Shot. we can try to get a video of all of them so that we can show LM exactly how they are done so he can make a pefect animation for them in the game. i will start of by putting down KP's flamingo shot.

1. Pietersen - Flamingo through the on-side.
2. Sehwag - Uppercut-six to the third man position
3. Ponting - On drive.
4. Gilchrist - Edge to slips
5. Hayden - Walk down the pitch.
6. Strauss - Square cuts and square drives

From what I have heard, animations are very hard...as a result; I believe that the number of unique shots should be kept to a minimum.

KPs and Dhoni's are trademarks of them, but the others are not essential. E.g. Ponting is not recognised from his on drive, but rather his mastery of batting as a whole. However, you rarely see a KP innings without the flamingo shot or a Dhoni ODI innings without an attempt of that fine sweep or the "bat goes around in a cirle" drive.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Couldn't agree more Manee. Things like Strauss's square cuts and drives aren't so special as to need individual animations. Haydens walking down the pitch as well, that's just something a few batsman do to bowlers they want to dominate and put off their natural length. Gilchrist edging to the slips again is just something that happens, it's not like noone in cricket has ever edged to slips except him.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
manee said:
From what I have heard, animations are very hard...as a result; I believe that the number of unique shots should be kept to a minimum.

KPs and Dhoni's are trademarks of them, but the others are not essential. E.g. Ponting is not recognised from his on drive, but rather his mastery of batting as a whole. However, you rarely see a KP innings without the flamingo shot or a Dhoni ODI innings without an attempt of that fine sweep or the "bat goes around in a cirle" drive.
I certainly recognise Ricky Ponting for his on-drive, I find it to be one of the most elegant shots he plays and I don't think I've seen an innings of his in the Ashes that hasn't included this shot.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
But it's just an on-drive which everyone possesses. Everyone doesn't possess a flamingo shot or Dhoni's windmill thing do they?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yes; true, but it is not a shot unique to him, it is a shot mastered by him. Hence I do not believe a unique animation is needed...

But then again, it is up to the Master to decide, since he is doing the work.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
evertonfan said:
But it's just an on-drive which everyone possesses. Everyone doesn't possess a flamingo shot or Dhoni's windmill thing do they?
Not everyone possesses Ricky Ponting's on-drive. His technique is totally unique to him. Nobody else does have a Flamingo shot though.

PhilD123

International Coach
Ponting's on-drive is a cricket shot that has been played for many years, I can't remember too many players playing the flamingo shot.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
skateboarder said:
Not everyone possesses Ricky Ponting's on-drive. His technique is totally unique to him. Nobody else does have a Flamingo shot though.

Your missing the point Lee; It's an on-drive. Every batsmen has their own technique for it so are you suggesting we give every batsman their own on-drive?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
evertonfan said:
Your missing the point Lee; It's an on-drive. Every batsmen has their own technique for it so are you suggesting we give every batsman their own on-drive?
No, of course I'm not. I'm just saying that Ricky Ponting's on-drive stands out.

You don't know how hard it is to take you seriously with an avatar like that. :p

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't put that in. ;)

Whilst I agree Ponting' on-drive stands out from the crowd, it still remains an on-drive. The Flamingo shot is an invented shot really so that is definitley unique whereas the on-drive is right in the textbook.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Murali's slog pull that goes straight up in the air
Shane Warne's over the slips shot
Dhoni and Gayle's golf swing that has already been mentioned
Vaughan's cover drive

Shall think of some others :)

Users who are viewing this thread