Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

Hi Tutsi,

A bit more feedback on your patch. I like the bowling - my favourite trap is getting the catch at backwards square leg or deep backwards square leg off the hook shot and it happens nicely in this patch. Unfortunately my experience with spin bowling is not so good. I am experiencing a bug with the CPU batsman - at least against Shane Warne!

I noticed once or twice when I was batting against spin that the forward defensive stroke would pop up like an edge, but with ridiculous power - it would really go flying and either clear the field or be caught out near the boundary :eek: I thought this was odd but it didn't happen enough to be a problem as I wasn't playing the jforward defensive stroke very often. But then ...

In my last 4-day match the CPU batsmen (all right handers) would block to Warne's leg spinners and the ball would go sailing high into the air and land in the deep cover area. I stuck a fielder out there and got the last 7 wickets all caught at deep cover off straight forward defensive shots :eek: This didn't seem to happen off the wrong'un or the flipper. Has anyone else experienced this? I will try and identify if it is only off Warne that this happens - but it appears to be a pretty nasty bug in the batting!!

I have really started to get the hang of the batting and I think my earlier comments about the power of the strokes can be ignored. I think the power settings you have used are excellent - very realistic. I still believe that shot directions could be tweaked slightly for a bit more variation. It's a bit strange to play an innings and look at the spider and see that each cover drive has gone almost exactly the same place. The same for the other shots. Four four's look like one line on the spider!

I still think that the outfields need to be slower - I have tweaked the field_physics.cfg to do this (only change made to physics - I copied Satish's velocity reduce settings) and can still score plenty of runs. It makes for better realism.

Also - At the moment the CPU bowls way too many wides but this seemed to fix it: Minimum bowling cursor size is better smaller I tried changing it to 1.00 and left your max cursor size. you still get plenty of variation in line & length, but not so many wides. The bowling is very realistic like this as many balls are good line & length but if you are patient you will get the loose ball outside off for the cut or cover drive. Often several each over. So this is one change I highly recommend.

All in all this is an excellent patch mate. It's my patch of choice at the moment :cool: I hope you can look into that batting bug against spin though! It could be that I am the only one experiencing this - if so I would be keen to know. Has anyone else seen the bug I have described?

Yeah I also have that bug when Warne was bolwing. The batsmen plays a forward defense shot which hits the edge and goes flying almost for 6.

A little more on that batting bug - It seems as though it might only happen with lower order batsmen. I was able to duplicate this with Michael Clarke bowling too! Stuck in the deep cover and got a hat-trick to finish Pakistan's innings.

thnx for the feedback guys.

i will look into the forward defensive shot bug.

ya, i'm not planning to change the power of shots in my patch. or maybe just a lil bit of 1-2 shots.

yea, i have increased the direction area of the shots so that they go at random places more often.

keep the feedback comming for an improved 3.1

ashu2411 said:
I think he is using batting patch for bowling.
This is wot i do:
File 430834dfd47be8b1eaa97fa22706133a.big goes into my root directory
The two folders labelled Tutsi V3 batting and Tutsi V3 bowling both go into my root directory aswell. When i am batting i copy the file 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big (from Tutsi V3 batting) into my root directory and when i am bowling i that file and copy 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big from Tutsi v3 bowling. is that not what i am meant to do!?
:crying

hey tutsi,i am extremely impressed wid ur patch in test match arena.....superb gameplay, and am happy u've decreased the amount of shot striking % on the off side, as in tutsi 2.1 we cud hit almost evry ball in off side even though the shots were awesome, but, now, this one is real gaming! the shots are very very realistic and its all on confidence of batsman! impressed :) after AI PATCH by Satish, i'll rate this patch to that level...wud like u to make note of one thing , i.e.- wen the ball is bowled full length far outside off stump, the drive does'nt clik, the off drive has just a certain range , afta that it can't go ahead,so, its like looking very stupid...so, see if u can rectify dat as it happens in evry patch, if u can chk it out, will b superr...next is the shot wich u press 'left arrow' and he plays a finer off drive on his knees , c if u can recitify dat, as dat shot can b played only wen the ball is being bowled far away off strump from the batsman, and not many batsman wud attempt for a shot on balls pitching far wide of off stump in real game...c if u can make dat shot b played more nearer too...:) next thing am impressed is the special deliveries...the comp does bowl some of them and they mystify the player...impressed! and one thing shud make note is , the flipper or the zooter, AWESOME!!! i cud c that change of pace after pitching , it just skids on u, fabulous tutsi...was playing eng-india at kolkutta, me plays for eng and am 102/2 in 34 overs...it'as a dusty pitch and u can imagine in dusty pitches u wudnt get dat many edges outa nothing, well, i got one....played a front foot dfensive shot and never xpcted an edge so realistic going to 1st slip...and well, dats wat happened...and dats wat a gamer wants, unxpected things happening wich are soo realistic :) keep up the gud work, and will let u know more as i play more of the game...gota c how the pacing of the game goes ahead...

kush said:
This is wot i do:
File 430834dfd47be8b1eaa97fa22706133a.big goes into my root directory
The two folders labelled Tutsi V3 batting and Tutsi V3 bowling both go into my root directory aswell. When i am batting i copy the file 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big (from Tutsi V3 batting) into my root directory and when i am bowling i that file and copy 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big from Tutsi v3 bowling. is that not what i am meant to do!?
:crying

this is xactly what u have to do.

the thing regarding too many wides. Well, since we patchers are using a make-shift method to fix the bug in which the cpu bowls only on stumps, the -ve thing is tht bowlers with BAD averages do tend to bowl wides very often.

u can evade this my playing one of the wides, that will make the cpu change its line and stop them from bowling wides.

ajayganesh said:
hey tutsi,i am extremely impressed wid ur patch in test match arena.....superb gameplay, and am happy u've decreased the amount of shot striking % on the off side, as in tutsi 2.1 we cud hit almost evry ball in off side even though the shots were awesome, but, now, this one is real gaming! the shots are very very realistic and its all on confidence of batsman! impressed :) after AI PATCH by Satish, i'll rate this patch to that level...wud like u to make note of one thing , i.e.- wen the ball is bowled full length far outside off stump, the drive does'nt clik, the off drive has just a certain range , afta that it can't go ahead,so, its like looking very stupid...so, see if u can rectify dat as it happens in evry patch, if u can chk it out, will b superr...next is the shot wich u press 'left arrow' and he plays a finer off drive on his knees , c if u can recitify dat, as dat shot can b played only wen the ball is being bowled far away off strump from the batsman, and not many batsman wud attempt for a shot on balls pitching far wide of off stump in real game...c if u can make dat shot b played more nearer too...:) next thing am impressed is the special deliveries...the comp does bowl some of them and they mystify the player...impressed! and one thing shud make note is , the flipper or the zooter, AWESOME!!! i cud c that change of pace after pitching , it just skids on u, fabulous tutsi...was playing eng-india at kolkutta, me plays for eng and am 102/2 in 34 overs...it'as a dusty pitch and u can imagine in dusty pitches u wudnt get dat many edges outa nothing, well, i got one....played a front foot dfensive shot and never xpcted an edge so realistic going to 1st slip...and well, dats wat happened...and dats wat a gamer wants, unxpected things happening wich are soo realistic :) keep up the gud work, and will let u know more as i play more of the game...gota c how the pacing of the game goes ahead...

thanks ofr this awesom review.

well, the thing regarding the off-drive shot, well thats sumthing the game decides as which animation of cover drive to use. so cant really help over there.

i didnt quite undertood the second thing.

tutsipoppy2 said:
this is xactly what u have to do.

the thing regarding too many wides. Well, since we patchers are using a make-shift method to fix the bug in which the cpu bowls only on stumps, the -ve thing is tht bowlers with BAD averages do tend to bowl wides very often.

u can evade this my playing one of the wides, that will make the cpu change its line and stop them from bowling wides.

Thanx tutsi that works.

heheheh...i got it...sorry, am a bit bad in xplaining things, so, dat 2nd one i did'nt know how to put it up,so, just wrote wat came in mind..hehe...well,now,wat io meant in dat was dat u have hte cover drive, and the square drive naa wich the batsman plays a bit towards the point area, he gets down on his knees and hits it (left arrow+S) for a right handed batsman, wat i meant to say was dat shot to be played, he requires to be far from the range of the ball being bowled....in sense wen u pitch a gud length ball way outside off stump, only then we are able to play dat shot, else,he ,misses it or it hits his body, so, its like dat shot is of no use, so,see if u can rectify dat ,as we can hit shots for those pitched far outside off stump,but, in reality cric not many batsman fancy a go at balls dat wide...hope u u'stood? if u did'nt, then just play dat shot in ur game, and u'll get wat i am trying to make...:) else, absolutely superb gameplay...it is i think the best patch i've played now...superb reality to the game u've given...shud tell u one more thing, i got caught n bowled wid a slower delivery by the comp , played it at back foot strait to the bowler, omg! this is superb wen it cums to realistic cricket..only thing is , c if u can make a single file for bowling/batting...so dat ppl playing the game can have a flow of it instead of minimising or restarting d game and loading the file in the folder n bak to d game...are u bringing in any new patch in coming weeks? can offer u lotsa lovely ways to get this game more rocking...gud luck bhaai

ajayganesh said:
heheheh...i got it...sorry, am a bit bad in xplaining things, so, dat 2nd one i did'nt know how to put it up,so, just wrote wat came in mind..hehe...well,now,wat io meant in dat was dat u have hte cover drive, and the square drive naa wich the batsman plays a bit towards the point area, he gets down on his knees and hits it (left arrow+S) for a right handed batsman, wat i meant to say was dat shot to be played, he requires to be far from the range of the ball being bowled....in sense wen u pitch a gud length ball way outside off stump, only then we are able to play dat shot, else,he ,misses it or it hits his body, so, its like dat shot is of no use, so,see if u can rectify dat ,as we can hit shots for those pitched far outside off stump,but, in reality cric not many batsman fancy a go at balls dat wide...hope u u'stood? if u did'nt, then just play dat shot in ur game, and u'll get wat i am trying to make...:) else, absolutely superb gameplay...it is i think the best patch i've played now...superb reality to the game u've given...shud tell u one more thing, i got caught n bowled wid a slower delivery by the comp , played it at back foot strait to the bowler, omg! this is superb wen it cums to realistic cricket..only thing is , c if u can make a single file for bowling/batting...so dat ppl playing the game can have a flow of it instead of minimising or restarting d game and loading the file in the folder n bak to d game...are u bringing in any new patch in coming weeks? can offer u lotsa lovely ways to get this game more rocking...gud luck bhaai

well the got this problem before only, to which i replied:

well, the thing regarding the off-drive shot, well thats sumthing the game decides as which animation of cover drive to use. so cant really help over there.

Well, thxnu soo much, i'm really glad that finally u guys seeing what i ment by realistically difficult thing.

**Let me tell a lil secret, do u know what is better than my 3.0 one? try to guess, it not tht difficult...........OFCOURSE........its my 3.1 patch.

was just tweaking all the shots to increase their range. the outfield has been slowed down just a lil bit.

Last edited:
aiyooooooooooo....b'fore only it'as me who gave that same review..heheehe....bout that off-drive shot...hehee...well, its ok...it doe'snt harm the game anyway though, we can c on many other things dat can b tweaked to get this game better n better...
wow...am glad to hear 3.1 is coming up, gud gud...keep up the gud work....hey work on one thing... 'the special deliveries like the reverse swinging yorker and the bouncer, both of them are not troubling the batsman at all...so, try to increase chances of lbw's in the rev swinging yorkers and in the bouncer one, try having more caught chances.....then, during slow bowlers, c if u can bring the slip fielders more into the game, as sometimes they are just spectators...i cud c not many catches were happening wid slow bowlers on at the region of short leg , silly point area...c if u can tweak it and make it more n more realistic...b'cuz i tried playing a bad shot for a gud left arm spin ball, and many things , but not been a single catch to these fielding areas...VAKAAO!!

hey Tutsi ,

Ur latest patch is up to the mark in terms of power in battin. the only thing is u need to add different direction to the shots.....something like what Boss did in his version 3.

Overall the patch is perfect man ......jus get all the directions covered so we can get runs all round the field.

And i like to give a suggestion, i hope u dont mind. U and Boss should team up man. u both guys have something new in ur patch. sometimes he has some features that are missing in urs, and at times u have something which are missing in his,.........but i guess if u guys tema up we will get the perfect patch for the game.....
jus give it a thaught.........its upto u guys.........

take care............
:hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Last edited:
tutsi i realise one bug in your patch. For some reason on the odd occassion (twice or three times in a match) when a batsman defends a ball it pops up in the air and goes for four. I mean that is so unrelaistic and impossible. Also could you make the cpu batsman play the pull shots on the ground more because about half the time they hit it in the air and they are caught. Otherwise a fantastic patch and certainly the best going around.

I noticed that block bug. I was utterly shocked when I saw it, it was quite amusing. Bowling with Warne, the ball pitching at arond the length of the middle footholes, on or outside leg stump, the batsman gets forward and defends, the ball pops high in the air, straight down deep extra cover's throat. After I noticed it, I managed to do it 4 times in a single over (and took 3 wickets), so it's not as rare as kodos thinks.

ajayganesh said:
aiyooooooooooo....b'fore only it'as me who gave that same review..heheehe....bout that off-drive shot...hehee...well, its ok...it doe'snt harm the game anyway though, we can c on many other things dat can b tweaked to get this game better n better...
wow...am glad to hear 3.1 is coming up, gud gud...keep up the gud work....hey work on one thing... 'the special deliveries like the reverse swinging yorker and the bouncer, both of them are not troubling the batsman at all...so, try to increase chances of lbw's in the rev swinging yorkers and in the bouncer one, try having more caught chances.....then, during slow bowlers, c if u can bring the slip fielders more into the game, as sometimes they are just spectators...i cud c not many catches were happening wid slow bowlers on at the region of short leg , silly point area...c if u can tweak it and make it more n more realistic...b'cuz i tried playing a bad shot for a gud left arm spin ball, and many things , but not been a single catch to these fielding areas...VAKAAO!!

than for this.

i'll see what i can do.

raider_64 said:
hey Tutsi ,

Ur latest patch is up to the mark in terms of power in battin. the only thing is u need to add different direction to the shots.....something like what Boss did in his version 3.

Overall the patch is perfect man ......jus get all the directions covered so we can get runs all round the field.

And i like to give a suggestion, i hope u dont mind. U and Boss should team up man. u both guys have something new in ur patch. sometimes he has some features that are missing in urs, and at times u have something which are missing in his,.........but i guess if u guys tema up we will get the perfect patch for the game.....
jus give it a thaught.........its upto u guys.........

take care............
:hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

done, in my last post, i have a hint regarding the directions in upcomming 3.1 patch.

i have increased the directions for the shots so tht all the areas covered.

kodos said:
tutsi i realise one bug in your patch. For some reason on the odd occassion (twice or three times in a match) when a batsman defends a ball it pops up in the air and goes for four. I mean that is so unrelaistic and impossible. Also could you make the cpu batsman play the pull shots on the ground more because about half the time they hit it in the air and they are caught. Otherwise a fantastic patch and certainly the best going around.

its been fixed in upcomming 3.1

angryangy said:
I noticed that block bug. I was utterly shocked when I saw it, it was quite amusing. Bowling with Warne, the ball pitching at arond the length of the middle footholes, on or outside leg stump, the batsman gets forward and defends, the ball pops high in the air, straight down deep extra cover's throat. After I noticed it, I managed to do it 4 times in a single over (and took 3 wickets), so it's not as rare as kodos thinks.

thnx for telling me about this bug.

FIXED.

Users who are viewing this thread