sid_19840's Ultimate AI Patch(V3.0b released)

What do u think abt the latest version v3.0B of the patch?

• Total voters

ajayganesh

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey sid, i played a lil bit in ur patch, i love ur leg side shots, the offside shots are very gud as 'punk sk8r' said...more on it wen i play a complete game...i love the new looking shots and the straight drive looks clean... :) just one help, can u plzz make that 'hard' mode whr u can c the cursor of the bowler seperately for me...as i can shift to normal and make the bowler cursor visible, but that wud change the whole game mode...i want the cursor small in hard mode...luvly work re :)

sid_19840

International Coach
mehkar said:
sid I asked some thing in my previous post can u or anyone help

What have you asked?

punk sk8r said:
ur patch is cool man i love batting not so much the bowling but batting it was easy not too easy but easy enuf i cud hit offside shots the were pitched on off stum and the legside shots were fab good work man

I will try editing the bowling further as well in the next version.Good to see you enjoying the batting aspect.

gaurav_indian said:
Wow i'll definitely give it a go!

Cheers,good to see you back.Hope you enjoy the patch.

punk sk8r said:
hey sid i got a question u know in ur tutorial thing it says Siddarth are you iddarth from Counter Strike if so i hav played with u loads of times lol

lol,no.

ajayganesh said:
hey sid, i played a lil bit in ur patch, i love ur leg side shots, the offside shots are very gud as 'punk sk8r' said...more on it wen i play a complete game...i love the new looking shots and the straight drive looks clean... :) just one help, can u plzz make that 'hard' mode whr u can c the cursor of the bowler seperately for me...as i can shift to normal and make the bowler cursor visible, but that wud change the whole game mode...i want the cursor small in hard mode...luvly work re :)

EDIT:Here you go,Ive attached it.

Attachments

• tweaked.zip
    5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

halls

School Cricketer
Thanks for "v3b" sid_19840.

Currently playing a test match on a normal pitch and as per your v2 have found the outfield is a little quick. most shots when infield is beaten seem to be always finding the rope. just wondering if you were able slow the outfield down. For an example of outfield speed preference, have found Eddie's lastest patch has the best outfield setting.

Other than that have enjoyed playing with your patch and will do doubt continue to do so.

Keep up the fine work

:)

jacobfelix

International Coach
Thanks for the Upgrade man..Even in my busy schedule..found time yesterday to try out your latest patch....Chasing Australia's 274 on a Hard Pitch in Barbados I am currently on 148/4 in 24..the one thing I found out too soon is you have to time perfectly for the Power Hit shot in this new patch, otherwise you are bound to send the ball down the throat of an infielder....

But you have to consider this : Even on your previous version and this one while batting I have never got beaten and got bowled or LBW. Especially a Full toss on the middle stump I dont fear to play a flick or a glance...surely I would love to see the ball thud onto the boots or the pad and the finger going up..if this thing happen ( beating us to be bowled or LBW) we would be caught in 2 minds next time whenever such ball is bowled...

And as one of the member told...Fielding...once you beat the in-field it cooly moves to the fence...( dont know how it is on green,wet pitches )..One more thing I got to say is, while playing .....a full toss on the leg stump..I flicked...the ball moved at a good speed...the short fine fielder mis-fielded...the ball went in the same speed to the fence..surely a bit unrealistic..you have to consider that when a fielder mis-fields..... the pace of the ball is reduced a bit....

And Ya...Today morning ..I saw my brother playing..Green pitch....he was 41/3 in 9th over(edges, he said)..struggling.. hehe :D might have lost by now :D

sid_19840

International Coach
halls said:
Thanks for "v3b" sid_19840.

Currently playing a test match on a normal pitch and as per your v2 have found the outfield is a little quick. most shots when infield is beaten seem to be always finding the rope. just wondering if you were able slow the outfield down. For an example of outfield speed preference, have found Eddie's lastest patch has the best outfield setting.

Other than that have enjoyed playing with your patch and will do doubt continue to do so.

Keep up the fine work

A very good point,its something Ive noticed lately as well,I'll definately slow it down for V3.

jacobfelix said:
But you have to consider this : Even on your previous version and this one while batting I have never got beaten and got bowled or LBW. Especially a Full toss on the middle stump I dont fear to play a flick or a glance...surely I would love to see the ball thud onto the boots or the pad and the finger going up..if this thing happen ( beating us to be bowled or LBW) we would be caught in 2 minds next time whenever such ball is bowled...

Actually I did this intentionally because most other patches and the defauly AI had the bug that if you bowl full tosses to the CPU,you always seem to get a wicket.Hence I edited it so that its easier to play such deliveries,but I'll definately revisit this area.Thanks for the review.

sid_19840

International Coach
mehkar said:
sid_19840 said:
What have you asked?

Can U check my post in previous page

I cannot see any request's in the previous page.

Update-Working on V3.0.Slowed down the outfield as per suggestion so far.Will update the patch further as more suggestions pop up.

halls

School Cricketer
Looking forward to the patch.

If possible, can you have a look at making the hook & pull a little more easier to play. Have experimented in playing these shots late & earlier without much effectiveness, simply get caught on most occasions.

Other than that, very impressed with your work and absolutely looking forward to your next release.

sid_19840

International Coach
I decided that I should make a list of suggestions made so that it helps me when Im upgrading the patch,so that I can just look at this post.

Suggestion's List For V3.0

1)Outfield to be made slower.(For some pitches)

2)Pull and Hook shots to be made easier to play.

3)Sweep shot to be tweaked to higher power.

4)Ball to get past the bat more often.

Last edited:

jacobfelix

International Coach
My brother was saying that he's finding it difficult to sweep of the spinners..saying that the ball never even goes past leg slip..somtimes the sweep ends up in the WK's gloves down leg side....

Slowing down the outfield....hmmm...you got to have a perfect balance for that...You got to slow it down on Hard, Dusty pitches etc but if you still slow it down on Damp,Wet pitches...Gone :D ..We would barely make 100 in 50 overs :D

And also make sure when we are batting the ball beats us so that we get Bowled or LBW( as I told in my last post in this thread)

ajayganesh

School Cricketer
hey sid...here is a detailed review on u patch, well, ur outfield pacing is superb,shots are new looking and xcellent..but, batting is very easy...dats the only thing i did'nt like...very easy to score...there shud've been more hardcore competition wid ball n bat...u cud improve in batting difficulty..b'cuz t'was just very easy to score...to make d game realistic...batting shud b made difficult...cuz as far i c here, ppl jus want to smash and score 8-10 runs wich is the actual way the reality cricket is heading, but, if u cud make batting more difficult by running more singles-doubles, wich is xcellent in ur patch i shud say, but its just too easy to score...i am 320/1 in 61 overs...i hav'nt even played a 6 scoring shot, trying to play as many ground shots as possible,and picking the gaps...its a green pitch am playing so...if u can just work on the difficult level of batting, then patch wud b super :) add more gud deliveries beating the bat, wen player does'nt get to the line of the ball, edges for shots far frm off stump fishing around..other things u wud know :) this is wat i felt..

jacobfelix

International Coach
Regarding the SWEEP shot :

Since I am having Leave today...Played a Couple of matches...You see, actually in my previous post I told that the Sweeps dont have power..Now when I played couple of games today I found out that - Off Fast Bowlers I am able to sweep nicely!!! But I am unable to sweep of spinners..even if the sweep connects the ball barely goes past leg slip ( but off fast bowlers the ball travelled nicely to fineleg or deep sq. )

Edit : BTW, when's the V3 ( final ) being released?

Last edited:

ajayganesh

School Cricketer
hey sid, here is one more area u can always work on , i find ur field setngs are very creative, u can make the bowler make use of the special deliveries too..as i can't find any special deliveries bowled by the cpu, make it a surprise one...and make them effective...reverse swinging yorkers are easy ta defend, wich shud not b the case ..and make batting tougher, while defending too gud balls ta go thru slips by edges...those kinda creativity u can bring in :)

jacobfelix

International Coach
Hey Sid, I am waiting , waiting and waiting.... :D When will that Final V3 be released ..with those changes that you noted down

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread