Eddie's Gameplay patch

Eddie

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
treva said:
Just used your ODI patch to bowl in my story and it is great :)

very good patch :clap

Which patch version? I haven't uploaded anything in the Downloads forum for ~5-6months..

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
gaurav_indian said:
Yep you r right treva.I told Eddie similar thing few months ago that i am using your ODIv4.4 and its very good.I haven't use other AI's till then.
I havent tried it batting but i think i will use another patch for that :0

i first saw it on the patch reviews andit looked good for bowling

I shall be using it for all bowling in the future, all though no LBW's and only 1 drag on!!

any chance of making it more LBW and bowled friendly??

Eddie

International Cricketer
Ok, What I am uploading is a BETA TEST of a BOWLING PATCH for 4-5day matches (CPU batting).

This is a "work in progress", but i need a little help testing it.

** Aims / Objectives **

1. Make CPU bat more aggressively, but without "slogging".
2. Create a "risk & reward system". **(see lower for details)
3. Increase number edges , also their power and direction.

"risk & reward"

Batsmen will be most vulnerable at the start of their innings. That WILL be you best chance to dismiss them. However you WILL need to have attacking fields to catch the edges. The CPU will be punishing to balls outside the stumps. If you bowl good lines/lengths the CPU will defend or push singles etc.

This leaves you the choice to set attacking fields and conceed for more runs, in the hope of getting wickets. OR . Setting fields to stem the flow of runs and risk those catches NOT going to hand.

Thats the idea anyways.

( please do NOT try to bat with this patch it will be too hard for the human player)

Attachments

• Bowling Beta.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Does this need to be added to one of your gameplay patches Eddie or will it work with other people's? Bear in mind that many other patchers have edited thes strokes differently than you might have and so the results could vary wildly. I would suggest that you try and get people to test using the same configuration. ;)

Eddie

International Cricketer
the zip file contains strokes and AI...( or it should)

Only other mod i used, was to "reset" the speed + agility of every player in the roster to 30.

Makes fielding more realistic.

So all you need is in the ZIP file.

Give it a go an let me know how it goes..

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
BRIEF REVIEW!!!

Ok i was playing England V Aussies i was Australia bowling on a green wicket start of England Innings.

So first over batsman was late on a leave which hit his pads but was not and lbw wide of stumps so second ball hit for 4 then beat the batsman for pace and it beat his edge first time i ever saw this happen and this was without seam movement from the green pitch it was a totally straight ball then the cpu was pretty aggressive so i changwed the fireld edge Strauss who was batting agressivly then to cut the story short i also got Tresco and Cook to edges to beautifu bowling patch havnt had any bowleds or LBWs but i kno you can get many in this patch maybe you could make the cpu a little less agressive then it would be great but for now its amazing i will be using it and i do recomend it to all users!!!

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Punk, your long-lost friends, the full stop and the comma really miss you! :p
Eddie said:
the zip file contains strokes and AI...( or it should)

Only other mod i used, was to "reset" the speed + agility of every player in the roster to 30.

Makes fielding more realistic.

So all you need is in the ZIP file.

Give it a go an let me know how it goes..
Thanks for clearing that up Eddie. :cheers

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
lol Burma. Umm Eddie i only played around 10 overs and they were scoring pretty high, around 50-60 but then again thats average these days arew you going to make some more changes to it or..?

Eddie

International Cricketer
Umm Eddie i only played around 10 overs and they were scoring pretty high, around 50-60 but then again thats average these days arew you going to make some more changes to it or..?

yeap its just a beta tester..just waiting to get a bit feedback. Still plenty of changes to be made.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
but im teling you mate this ones awsome the batsman misstime things more offen and stuff maybe if bowleds and LBWs were more accesable then that would be good but fo now good job i'll be using this for all my test matches in bowling obviously. reps for you mate.

Eddie

International Cricketer
I will certainly work on the bowleds & LBW's..

I tend to get LBW's against left handers on green pitches when the ball seams back into them.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
yh that happens to me without a patch to but it would be nice if we could get them with in-swingers and stuff while there trying to play shots good job anyway looking forward to the full release!!!

Users who are viewing this thread