Tv Patch making Tutorial

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hayden1983 said:
I have tried editing the exe file. I found a section that appears to contain the abbreviations for all the teams that are used in the scorebox. So I changed the team that I wanted to change but then the game crashed when the in-game screen would normally appear after selecting squads etc...

Do I also need to change some of the xml files in the gob to make them match up with the exe or something.... or did I do something else?

The exe file size probably is now too big. It has to be the same size as the orginal. If you have 1 byte too many you have to delete a value in the hex.

IC any good graphics editor would work in particular Adobe and Jasc brands any version.

Hayden1983

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
aussie1st said:
The exe file size probably is now too big. It has to be the same size as the orginal. If you have 1 byte too many you have to delete a value in the hex.

IC any good graphics editor would work in particular Adobe and Jasc brands any version.

No I dont think thats it, I checked the exact byte size and it hasnt changed. All I did was changed a few bytes, I didnt actually add anything new. Have you actually been able to change any of the text itself in the scorebox?

And besides, then I dont think the exe would run at all.

voldemort

International Coach
I have a problem with my Alpha layers in photoshop, i could make alpha layers before, but now i cant. i use photoshop CS. do i need any plugin? when i make it, it doesnt have any effect it still remains opaque. any suggestions?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
So basically you have just changed Aus to say Sua? Did you back up the exe? Try redoing what ever you were doing as maybe you stuffed it up somewhere.

voldemort said:
I have a problem with my Alpha layers in photoshop, i could make alpha layers before, but now i cant. i use photoshop CS. do i need any plugin? when i make it, it doesnt have any effect it still remains opaque. any suggestions?

I don't really use photoshop. Try google to find anything on alpha layers. However i'm sure you don't need a plugin. I think you might need to merge all the layers.

Hayden1983

School Cricketer
aussie1st said:
So basically you have just changed Aus to say Sua? Did you back up the exe? Try redoing what ever you were doing as maybe you stuffed it up somewhere.

I assume your talking to me in which, yes, I changed USA to HIC. Didnt add any bytes just changed a few. Does the text I change have to match up with some xml files or something. Ie
730eef3fd7726e43de955f21083ab000.xml
be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml

I definately changed the bytes correctly, no way I stuffed that up. When I change the bytes back to normal... it works fine. Change them again and it crashes.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hayden1983 said:
I assume your talking to me in which, yes, I changed USA to HIC. Didnt add any bytes just changed a few. Does the text I change have to match up with some xml files or something. Ie
730eef3fd7726e43de955f21083ab000.xml
be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml

I definately changed the bytes correctly, no way I stuffed that up. When I change the bytes back to normal... it works fine. Change them again and it crashes.

Oh ok so in those two files you have names teams? Not just one team I mean the whole lot. If so maybe you are right, those things may have to be the same.

DANNY79

Club Cricketer
if i edit the 5f5a20a5c386ba929905ea4ea06fae86.rfe file and put it in the root directory, will it work ingame or would i have to edit the separate files inside the big file. Basically the above rfe file is the same as the 7ac69a95d810236a72e073135195d310.big file. I hope this makes sense to somebody.

DANNY79

Club Cricketer
does anybody know where the font colour is for the players names in the scorecard. Also any way to move the back on screen icon. thx

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 112

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
FontColor = "664466ff"
ButtonType = "t t t t t"
ButtonFont = "1 1 1 1 1"
Justification = "0 1 1 1 1"
ButtonWidth = "200 80 80 80 80"
Style = "0"

DANNY79

Club Cricketer
thanks mate. Ive changed the font colour, but only the players who have yet to bat change the rest are white and not out are still orange.
Also have any of you tried putting the ball count on the scorecard?

Last edited:

mickeytg32

School Cricketer
Does anyone have a ready made TV Patch already??? Ch9 or Ch4?? Anything??

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Those 2 patches aren't fully done e.g no spider,worm etc. The tv overlays during the game can be found in the download centre.

Users who are viewing this thread