Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Current on fifth episode of Succession Season 1 and I get the hype around this show now. Has already become one of my favourites.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Just watched the latest episode of IPL, really kept me entertained, the writers knew what they were doing. The cameo by Phillips and the last minute screw-up by Sandeep who was always perfect, giving the chance to Samad to face his rival and he finally overcame it to show that he is better than Riyan Parag.
Must watch.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I finished watching Invasion on Apple. Independence Day with more serious face (and less bombastic action). It was a little slow, sometimes predictable, but it had it's moments. I'll be up for watching season 2 when it comes out though.

I didn't say, if anyone cares, that I finished Foundation and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I believe there's a second season coming this year which I'm actually quite excited about. It feels like a grand, epic scale show with lots of interesting tech and sci-fi concepts but I don't know if many people will have seen it or if it'll ever catch on and grow, like say a Game of Thrones. It's not as good as season 1 of GOT but certainly better than the last few seasons.

It's kind of a shame that so many of these Apple shows seem to have no traction or reach beyond the confines of the app. The quality is far better than what Netflix churns out these days.

Bevab

Staff Member
I finished watching Invasion on Apple. Independence Day with more serious face (and less bombastic action). It was a little slow, sometimes predictable, but it had it's moments. I'll be up for watching season 2 when it comes out though.

I didn't say, if anyone cares, that I finished Foundation and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I believe there's a second season coming this year which I'm actually quite excited about. It feels like a grand, epic scale show with lots of interesting tech and sci-fi concepts but I don't know if many people will have seen it or if it'll ever catch on and grow, like say a Game of Thrones. It's not as good as season 1 of GOT but certainly better than the last few seasons.

It's kind of a shame that so many of these Apple shows seem to have no traction or reach beyond the confines of the app. The quality is far better than what Netflix churns out these days.

Foundation’s such a bipolar show, everything with Lee Pace (the actor who plays the adult Emperor) in it was beyond outstanding in terms of story telling, dialogue and other aspects. On the other hand it seemed the exact opposite with Salvor Hardin (hope I’m not butchering her name) and even Gael at times, they really dropped the ball on those two characters. It felt so jarring going between those two as at times it was noticeable that more attention and care was given to one storyline. I wonder if different teams did those two parts with differing budgets because I’ve never noticed such a difference between two storylines in the same show.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Foundation’s such a bipolar show, everything with Lee Pace (the actor who plays the adult Emperor) in it was beyond outstanding in terms of story telling, dialogue and other aspects. On the other hand it seemed the exact opposite with Salvor Hardin (hope I’m not butchering her name) and even Gael at times, they really dropped the ball on those two characters. It felt so jarring going between those two as at times it was noticeable that more attention and care was given to one storyline. I wonder if different teams did those two parts with differing budgets because I’ve never noticed such a difference between two storylines in the same show.
I felt it was a bit difficult to follow for the first half, jumping back and forward in time doesn't help but there were times when it found its groove.

Lee Pace is great - the older guy was good too (Dusk is it?). I enjoyed Salvor and Gael but agree it was the weaker side of the show - except when Jared Harris is around, he makes every show he's in a little bit better. Partially, because the Trantor stuff is more instantly engaging, the mystery going on around Terminus feels little slow. Although I did enjoy when the Grand Huntress turned up. She was everything the Sand Snakes could've been in GOT.

As well as GOT and The Expanse, the Terminus stuff reminded me of Raised By Wolves, which if you haven't seen is worth a watch. Sadly it was cancelled after two seasons of some bonkers sci-fi.

Bevab

Staff Member
I’m thinking of starting Babylon 5 because there’s no other classic sci-fi show available at present. Has anyone watched it before?

Users who are viewing this thread