TV Series General Discussion

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah. My plan right now is Homeland and Boardwalk Empire, then Masters of Sex, then Game of Thrones, Justified, then Mad Men.

While we're suggesting shows, I would highly recommend Boardwalk Empire and Justified. Especially the former, that show is unique in that an episode can be awful but still entertaining due to the production values and historical accuracy. Not that it is awful very often. The Americans is another brilliant one and could end up being one of my favourite TV shows ever, should only take a week odd to watch as well as there is just one season.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I stopped watching Masters of Sex after only 3 episodes. The plot was kind of intriguing and unique, but I found it extremely difficult to put up with an hour of dullness each episode. Storyline's incredibly slow as well.

Also Homeland season 3 is hardly what you'd call shit. Started poorly with the first three episodes, but has just been mindblowing ever since that *twist* involving Saul and Carrie was revealed in episode 4. My favorite season so far without a doubt. Yesterday's episode is at an all time high for the show, with regards to it's IMDB ratings - 9.2 as of now. 8.9 previous best (season 2 finale)

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yea, it's rated highly because it panders to a wider audience now by dumbing down very intricate and complex procedures. Incredibly difficult-to-believe plots are just slotting right into place. Everything is just too 'easy' and they are having to invent so much bullshit just to make all the other bullshit make sense.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Finally finished the Homeland and Boardwalk Empire finales. Emotional roller coaster to say the least, there are only a handful of times I've been on the verge of tears watching TV shows and these two finales certainly had me there, with Breaking Bad probably being the only other.

Having watched them together, one episode of Boardwalk then one of Homeland, I will always be comparing them. Last season I felt even though Boardwalk was absolutely superb, Homeland outdid it with possibly one of the best seasons of TV I have seen, though things were beginning to fall apart, you could see the cracks appearing. Now, however, Boardwalk is the one that has clearly outshone Homeland. Homeland looks to be falling away now, sad to say, I still enjoy it and I will always watch it, but really it's just becoming too much now. Boardwalk on the other hand keeps going from strength to strength. I don't watch Game of Thrones, but IMO Boardwalk is comfortably the best show on TV right now. It annoys me how no-one watches it, though I hope it has a similar fate to Breaking Bad and everyone starts watching it in the next season or two.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I stopped watching Masters of Sex after only 3 episodes. The plot was kind of intriguing and unique, but I found it extremely difficult to put up with an hour of dullness each episode. Storyline's incredibly slow as well.

I just finished the first season of Masters of Sex and it is superb. The sex is a bit too much, but other than that it's a fine show. I don't think I've had this much attachment to the characters and all their little idiosyncrasies more in a show before. Acting is superb and so is the character development.

A lot happens after the first few episodes. It is very far from dull, especially in the second half of the season, and it's not slow at all.

----------

I'm also watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and it is superb as well. I'm a hard laugh when it comes to comedies, and this show has me in stiches, probably because it relies on brilliant, funny acting put into strange situations rather than cheap jokes. Halfway through the first season, and I hear it gets better, so really looking forward to more.

About to start Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Sherlock and True Detective, as well as getting up to date with Justified.

fiction

County Cricketer
True Detective is the best show that I have seen. Lots better than any other show on TV right now.

fiction

County Cricketer
About to watch that one myself soon!

You're definitely going to love it. It's in the same league as Breaking Bad, or perhaps even better than that. It may appear a bit slow at the beginning, but after the first couple of episodes you'll see what a masterpiece it is.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Definitely looking forward to it.

Still watching Justified, which is honestly getting pretty boring tbh even though I loved the first two seasons.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Binge watched the fearsome tweak out of the 2nd season of House of Cards, I seriously love the Netflix way of premiering content.

P Squared

International Coach
Been watching The Killing for the past few days and I must say it is sort of awesome.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Been watching Arrested Development. Pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread