TV Series General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I started it once but didn't stick with it long. Probably just watched DS9 or TNG again.

I heard that the first season, or at least the first half of it was slow to get going and that it picks the pace up later on; may have to test it.

Star Trek’s another classic I haven’t watched much of, the only ones I can remember are the NuTrek movies, the Wrath of Khan one and the first two seasons of Picard.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Meanwhile, don't know what I'll do without Succession when that ends today/tomorrow.
Barry, Succession, The Flash and Ted Lasso all ending the same week.

Flash I've checked out of since season 4, just kept watching since I'd already seen most of it.
Barry I started watching a couple weeks ago and it's already ending
Ted Lasso and Succession I don't know what i'll do without.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Barry, Succession, The Flash and Ted Lasso all ending the same week.

Flash I've checked out of since season 4, just kept watching since I'd already seen most of it.
Barry I started watching a couple weeks ago and it's already ending
Ted Lasso and Succession I don't know what i'll do without.
I hope Lasso remains.

Bevab

Staff Member
I hope Lasso remains.

The main storyline will end for sure as they planned for only three seasons and it already looks like they’ve got the final arc ready.

I do think (and hope) Apple will do a spinoff or spiritual successor once the writers’ strike is resolved with a win for the latter given the success of Ted Lasso. There’s a market for the feel good show and also one for the sports show (particularly football with how popular Wrexham’s rise has been in reality) and I think Apple can use that especially because they have the broadcasting license to the MLS already.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I heard that the first season, or at least the first half of it was slow to get going and that it picks the pace up later on; may have to test it.

Star Trek’s another classic I haven’t watched much of, the only ones I can remember are the NuTrek movies, the Wrath of Khan one and the first two seasons of Picard.
I haven't seen them, but from what I hear the first two seasons of Picard are some of the worst Trek. So, the only way is up. :lol

TNG. When I did a proper watch through (not just seeing random episodes), I started at season 3 and went back to Season 1 and Season 2 at the end. S1 is bad, 2 has some good episodes, but you don't miss a huge deal. Seasons 3-6 are just quality episode one after another. It's episodic but tackles moral, ehtical issues and Patrick Stewart is just great.

DS9 is probably the most consistent series. I see a lot of people say it starts slowly but I enjoy the building arcs it has. It has a different dynamic, being closer to modern TV with longer arcs. It has some of the best characters there's been in any Trek (IMO). Although season 7 is like a massive drop off (just like when, in TNG, Dr Crusher
****s a ghost
).

The original films are good, I'd actually recommend them as a starting point. Although, the first one is VERY VERY SLOW. I remember watching it once and it felt like I fell asleep for two hours, woke up and it was the same scene. 'They' say the even numbered ones are the best, which is probably true, but the others have some interesting ideas if not always well executed. Wrath of Khan feels like the template for too many Trek films and actually a lot of big blockbusters. Sadly, no one seems to be influenced by 4, which shows how you can make a great adventure film with no/an indifferent antagonist.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Oh boy! Both Succession and Barry ended today. I might need time to process this.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Honestly best endings for both shows I was very satisfied with both endings
Same. Succession was brilliant. Season 4 was just great throughout. I remember how limp Game of Thrones ended - essentially with a big round table meeting too - and yet Succession was utterly compelling.

I enjoyed Barry, while I found the tone to sometimes not always work, it consistently did things I think a lot of shows wouldn't have. I'm definitely on board for whatever Bill Hader does next.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Has anyone watched Superstore? Started off great but not so enjoyable in the 5th season, which I am watching currently. I feel like they are trying too hard to make it funny.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Has anyone watched Superstore? Started off great but not so enjoyable in the 5th season, which I am watching currently. I feel like they are trying too hard to make it funny.

Don't ask me questions but I liked it.
I liked Superstore except for the two main characters. Everyone else in that show was great

Users who are viewing this thread