Twenty20 Champions League

Who will win the Twenty20 Champions League 2009

• Total voters

.Mob

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
parthiv will be in the sqad as the other batsman!! not murali vijay .....!!

I'd rather shoot myself in the foot, thanks. Arun Karthik over Parthiv, then. If not, Anirudh. If not, Abhinav.

Bottom line, NO PARTHIV PATEL.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
parthiv will be in the sqad as the other batsman!! not murali vijay .....!!

'Doode' Vijay > Parthiv.

I'd rather have a stellar opener who is in the form of his life then some cruddy keeper who is an inconsistent batsman.

Any thoughts on the captain issue? Hussey? Badrinath?

.Mob

International Coach
I'd say probably Badri, if not Raina, I'm guessing (which would be awesome to witness). It's a real pity Vijay isn't the squad, I hope they do sense and get him in before one of the other teams steal him.

.Mob

International Coach
For the final, if we get there, he won't be. I guess India commitments might rule Raina/Badri out too, in which case I would make Kapu the captain. :spy

.Mob

International Coach
Albie is going to be playing for us, then. I wonder how much of him actually wants to.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Yea would have been a great experience for him to go to India with Victoria. I also noticed Hasting, that is an interesting one as he hasn't been great for Victoria. Did he do well in the T20 last season?
Apparently he might be ineligible because he hasn't played any Twenty20s for Victoria before. I think I heard that somewhere. Hastings did so I guess that got him in the squad.

XCygon

School Cricketer
ECB gonna agree?

BCCI wants Test dates changed for Champions League
The ECB is considering a request from the BCCI to push back the first Test between England and India by a day to create a larger gap between the two-match series that starts on December 11 and the Champions Twenty20 League that ends the previous night.

The request was made during meetings between BCCI and ECB officials over the weekend. Andrew Walpole, the England team's media manager, said the ECB "is yet to take a decision" on the matter and was studying the suggestion."I understand it's connected with their desire to have India players take part in the Champions League," he told Cricinfo.

Apart from easing the logistical difficulties that come with starting the Test series a day after a major tournament ends, the BCCI's request will free Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the India captain, for the final of the Champions League on December 10 - if his team, Chennai Super Kings, makes the cut.

However, if the ECB agrees to the proposal, it will leave the England team with just two days to recover between the two Tests. The first match is currently scheduled from December 11-15 in Ahmedabad, and the second from December 19-23 in Mumbai. The English camp is also understood to be keen on sticking to the departure date from India (December 24), so that the players are home for Christmas.

Dhoni is the only player from either side taking part in the inaugural Champions League and the Test series that follows. Chennai Super Kings - owned by India Cements, headed by N Srinivasan, the BCCI secretary - have been drawn against Middlesex from England, Western Australia and Titans from South Africa in Group A, and will play their last group match against the Titans on December 7.

source:- http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/current/story/378582.html

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The CSK squad: M.S. Dhoni (captain), M. Hayden, M. Hussey, S. Raina, A. Morkel, S. Badrinath, C. Kapugedara, K.B. Arun Karthik, P. Patel, R. Ashwin, M. Muralitharan, M. Ntini, L. Balaji, M. Gony, S. Tyagi. Coach: S. Fleming.

Oram, Jogi out, Tyagi's in, and Fleming is to coach.

Very nice.

http://www.hindu.com/2008/11/18/stor...1856261700.htm

Hayden
Hussey
Raina
Badri
Dhoni
Albie
Arun/ Kapu
Gony
Balaji
Tyagi
Mulari / Ashwin

coolshadowvik

School Cricketer
guys good news there is no cap on the number of foreign players you can play in the champions league.so the most likely final 11 for chennai indicated by vb chandrasekar selector is

1)dhoni
2)hayden
3)hussey
4)raina
5)badrinath
6)albie morkel
7)parthiv patel
8)muralitharan
9)gony
10)balaji
11)ntini

if we had oram also it would have been the killer team!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Sohail Tanvir and Kamran Akmal are in Mumbai currently, nobody knows their whereabouts (They are there for T20 Champion League)

nikhil_99

International Coach
Champions League matches moved from Mumbai

A series of terrorist strikes in Mumbai on Wednesday night which left 80 dead and 250 injured has put a major question mark over the fate of the Champions Twenty20 League, scheduled to begin in the city next week, and cast a serious doubt over the second Test between India and England next month.The strikes, including blasts and shooting incidents, were spread out across the city but the majority of them were in south Mumbai, the main tourist hub.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/379813.html

Its really shame,because of these people (terrorist) many innocent people lost their life,they are so cruel,India and world should try hard to stop all these activities...

Users who are viewing this thread