Twenty20 Cup 2008

.Mob

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, that's why packing your team with all rounders is the way to go. I was quite surprised Hogg didn't get a bowl, too.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know how Mike Watkinson was to blame. Sure it might be part of his gameplan to bowl spinners but I very much doubt he wants them bowled through when they are going out of the park with Cork and Chapple with overs to spare. That was Stuart Laws fault, if you are looking for a scapegoat he's the man.

Anyway had to laugh at freddie to Udal, where do you want it, on your head or on your toes? Udal says on my toes and gets bowled with a yorker first ball :D Hope Middlesex win this now, Durham don't deserve it because they are stupid nobs saying Yorkshire should get chucked out when it could just as easily been them, it's nothing to do with them and they are just trying to get an easy path through. Don't want nay of the sides who have already won it to win as well :p

viney

School Cricketer
With Middlesex and Essex already through it looks like the south division is dominating this year. Kent still have to play their quater final so three of the four teams in the final coould be from the south division.

The Yorkshire problem is being sorted out tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what happens there.

DPRA

International Cricketer
I don't know how Mike Watkinson was to blame. Sure it might be part of his gameplan to bowl spinners but I very much doubt he wants them bowled through when they are going out of the park with Cork and Chapple with overs to spare. That was Stuart Laws fault, if you are looking for a scapegoat he's the man.

Anyway had to laugh at freddie to Udal, where do you want it, on your head or on your toes? Udal says on my toes and gets bowled with a yorker first ball :D Hope Middlesex win this now, Durham don't deserve it because they are stupid nobs saying Yorkshire should get chucked out when it could just as easily been them, it's nothing to do with them and they are just trying to get an easy path through. Don't want nay of the sides who have already won it to win as well :p

Its not just because of the Middlesex game im saying he should get sacked, you have to look at his record, he has been with us 5 years. And what have we won? .... Nothing!

That is what is frustrating, a county Like Lancashire should be winning cups, not getting knocked out at the Quarters.

Sureshot

Executive member
You have to earn championships and trophies. You don't get them through having a good history, a proud history or a bunch of stars.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Yep, very disappointing, I've gotta buy tickets to both Lord's and The Rose Bowl now, it's gonna cost me a fortune!

No time for the Kent players to celebrate, they're playing Yorkshire at Canterbury tomorrow.

viney

School Cricketer
South division was clearly the hardest to be in 3 teams in quater finals. Middlesex must be favourites after winning that group. We've already beaten Essex twice and Kent once.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
So, the decision from the ECB after Yorkshire's appeal has come...

Yorkshire are re-awarded the win, but docked their two points, thus ending Nottinghamshire's chances of progressing to the quarters (as they remain on 9 points).

Glamorgan take Yorkshire's place in the quarter finals (v Durham) as they have a better net-run rate than Yorkshire (-0.1 compared to -0.3) and so:

MON 21 JUL: Durham V Glamorgan (T20 QF)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I don't know why but I love the Sky Sports T20 Cup adverts, they rule!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Come on Essex! We should at least go to the final this year, we are a machine.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Disappointing that Strauss and Cook aren't being made available for Finals day, although it helps the Super Kent ;)

Particularly like they way the ECB announced their non-availability on the same day they reminded counties that they should make players available for internationals (aimed at players who play for the likes of Scotland and Ireland). Two way street anybody?????

Anyhow, anyone else going to finals day this year? Bit to far south for Evo I reckon ;)

Users who are viewing this thread