Twenty20 Cup 2008

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Of the Kent top batsmen van Jaarsveld has probably shone the least brightly in T20 so far this year, having said that as you know SS, I'm a massive fan of Jarra and think he's our best batsman (if he gets in) so he certainly has the quality to be the star. I'm hoping Denly gets off to a flyer. Last year (when Kent demolished Sussex in the Semi) Denly got out to a bit of a silly shot just as he was about to show everyone what he can do (on 31 iirc), and it was Rob Key's 60 odd that did the damage, Jarra getting bowled for 2 (just to prove my point about him being a poor starter). I reckon Kent have a much better team than last year. Key, Denly and Jarra up the order. Stevens, Arafat, Mahmood, McLaren and Kemp in the middle, any one of those is cabable of getting a big score. Tredders can bat too. Then in Mahmood and Arafat I reckon we've got 2 of the best death bowlers on the championship scene. The Essex match is gonna be the tough one, Essex have the ability to take it away from us with Bopara and Napier especially. Can't plan for the final but I'd back the winner of SF1 to be there at the end holding the trophy.

(Now watch as Durham stomp all over it;))

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
That stumping Foster was absolute quality! Showing just why he should be in the England set up!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That's why we don't need an EPL and that's why the IPL will never be able to match the English Twenty20 competition.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Congratulations to Middlesex! but what a game. My head hurts.

That's why we don't need an EPL and that's why the IPL will never be able to match the English Twenty20 competition.

I dont like the IPL as well but that final was actually another cracking and closer encounter.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I don't care about County Cricket Clubs but since I have Middlesex in my profile, I'll give em a couple of cheers ;)

Highlander999

ICC President
I'm man enough to admit I was close to tears when Henderson bowled that final yorker and Kemp hit it back to him. The irony of an ex-Kent player denying us the trophy isn't lost on me

adyhorn

County Cricketer
What a fantastic game of cricket. So glad Middlesex won but Kent had us in big trouble.

.Mob

International Coach

I'm not condoning such a money hungry crap-fest that is the IPL, but did you even see the final? It had even more twists and turns than this one!

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I absolutely loved the final 18 balls, WTF was happening with the overthrows it was more like a circus act, congrats Middlesex.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not condoning such a money hungry crap-fest that is the IPL, but did you even see the final? It had even more twists and turns than this one!

I did and it was a thriller. But nevertheless, franchises with mercanaries for hire will never generate the same sort of passion that you see in real county sides. I mean look at Ed Joyce yesterday when he shelled that Kemp catch. You could tell he was thinking, "Oh boy, i've just lost us the trophy and the chance to play in the West Indies". But if someone in the IPL drops a catch like that it's more a case of "Oh well, i'll still be getting a shedload of money".

T20 > IPL

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I did and it was a thriller. But nevertheless, franchises with mercanaries for hire will never generate the same sort of passion that you see in real county sides. I mean look at Ed Joyce yesterday when he shelled that Kemp catch. You could tell he was thinking, "Oh boy, i've just lost us the trophy and the chance to play in the West Indies". But if someone in the IPL drops a catch like that it's more a case of "Oh well, i'll still be getting a shedload of money".

T20 > IPL

I find the irony in that post hilarious!

If somebody drops a catch in the IPL its just a case of still getting the money. Where as Ed Joyce realised he may have dropped one of the biggest pay days...by going to the West Indies.

Users who are viewing this thread