UEFA Cup 2008/09 Thread

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm saying I respect Spuds more than City because they don't have Stephen Ireland. He's a twat.

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
How is he a prat

and @ PhilD123: That was uncalled for, his girlfriend had a ****ing miscarriage, the papers would have a field day, there's reason he said that. Great man and great player

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Unbelievable. I feckin knew we'd get Standard Liege. We always get the hardest draw possible!

That pathetic club City get a made up team from Cyprus and we get the Danish champions who battered Liverpool. RIGGED!

Omonia aren't a made up team. They have won the Cypriot top league joint most times alongside APOEL who you must of heard of. They're the only two teams in Cyprus some people know. :(

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I'm guessing Pneumonia were relegated them?

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
City also played a Cypriot team, in the Champions League, they played Apollon Limmassol and got appalling treatment over there, bunch of thugs

Sureshot

Executive member
Back on topic lads. Or I may be doing more deleting than Walcott is scoring.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Everton are useless. Moyes is a muppet.

Lescott's been the problem at the back, so he drops Yobo and moves Lescott into the more important defensive position. He then brings in that tool Hibbert, moving Neville into Midfield. We all know this doesn't work. He then furthered the damage by dropping the impressive Castillo. The damage was then finished once he decided that playing Saha and Yakubu would be a good idea. Drop Yakubu, he's useless. We just end up smashing the ball in the air up to him, from which he does **** all as he's too lazy to move and head the bloody ball. We didn't have a left winger, and moving Arteta into centre midfield with Cahill on the left just compounded things, making us even weaker in midfield, allowing Defour to run the show.

Moyes needs to sort his act out. He was woeful in the transfer window, spending ridiculous money on unknown/injury prone/poor players. I like the look of Fellaini, especially on Fifa, but £15million ? LOL, more of a rip off than Robbie Keane. If we were going to spend £15million on any Standard play it had to be Defour, he's far better. Castillo looks good as well, but Nash, Saha and Jacobsen are either useless or massively injury prone.

A poor performance against Liverpool is compounded by a woeful show in the Uefa Cup. Standard may be a decent side, but we should have beaten them. Moyes needs to sort his act out, or I'd be happy to see him replaced. He's done a stellar job, but I think he's done as much as he can. I'm worried that we'd not be able to replace him though. Should replace him with Ian Holloway tbh. Who should then buy Jimmy Bullard and make him captain. Barry should be signed as well, that would at least make the team worth watching, or at least the press conferences anyway.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Meh, we were beaten by a better team. They weren't Belgian champions for nothing. I'll always be aggrieved by the draw we got. It's ridiculous. We have bad luck with european draws lol.

2005 - Villareal (finishd 3rd), Dinamo Bucharest (Romanian Champions)
2007 - Metallist (Ukranian Champions)
2008 - Lieage (Belgian Champions, narrowly missed out on Champions League)

Bad times.

Users who are viewing this thread