"Underestimate Me At Your Own Peril" - Blake

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
"Watch Out Bowlers" - Blake
Australian+Cricket+Training+hMlSB844UPYl.jpg

Blake batting in the nets

The new opening batsman for the Willow Wanderers, Blake, was warned the opposition bowlers of what they might be coming up against when they take on him. Blake, who allegedly doesn't mind the sight of himself, has claimed that he is ready to dominate after recently signing a contract with the Wanderers, who are captain/coached by Ollie Holden. He has sent out a warning call, claiming that despite his lack of recent experience he is still in prime form and is confident of making a stackload of runs this season.

"The early pre-season form is great," commented Blake earlier to a local radio station in an interview. "I'm in the best form of my life and even my fellow bowlers are a bit wary of me now in the nets, after some of the delightful straight drives I've been hitting."

"If I can keep this up, there's no reason why I can't dominate this competition. Nobody around scares me here and I honestly feel that there will be plenty of runs this year for me."

Blake, who has in the past been confronted for his lack of aggression on occasions, conceded "I may not be the most aggressive player in the world, or an absolute Twenty20 blitzer, but I'm going to get the runs and I don't care how long it takes me."

The signing of Blake continues an impressive run of dealing in the transfer market by Ollie Holden, who has also recently welcomed new wicketkeeper Shrenik to the side. Alongside Blake at the Wanderers are proved stars LongLegs, ARay and the experienced Biggy, while there are plenty of younger players equally keen to prove themselves with Varun Rustagi, Harrisb and User2010 all in contention for the Wanderers.

Blake will have his first real test when the Willow Wanderers leave for Australia shortly. They are due to play a Twenty20 and two five-day matches against one of the world's best before heading to New Zealand where they will proceed with similar fixtures. They will conclude their tour with three matches against rising ICC affiliates Hong Kong. It will be interesting to see whether Blake can actually walk the walk, because he surely isn't lacking in confidence.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Other teams have already started to lose it. They can't even seem to remember the date. :eek:

Don't just worry, your death hasn't yet come but it is on its way.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Other teams have already started to lose it. They can't even seem to remember the date. :eek:

Don't just worry, your death hasn't yet come but it is on its way.

And the award for the worst sledge ever goes to...

...User2010! Congratulations!

D

Dutch

Bleak Blunt Blake Blacked By Best Bowler

Commentating on the cricinfo website Stump Smashers fast bowler dutchad said:

"Blake couldn't hit a beach ball with a pygmies jockstrap! We all still remember the disgraceful sheep incident last year and many players will be keeping an eye out. He is not called Mr Stumpy for nothing"

Fans of course still remember vividly the shocking site of Blake taking a bite out of his own cricket bat at last years inaugural event.

His figures don't speak very well either: 3 innings, 14 runs, bra size 32A.

Geoffrey Boycott commented: Blake!? Blake who? Ah tell thee what lad, my mum could bat better than him using a slice of ham. And another thing, if he holds his bat like that he'll rupture himself, he will!"

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Blake, if I bowled just one ball to you this season I'm positive I could get you out.

But of course I'm just a batsmen - don't want to take all the fame. I'll leave the humiliating of you to my fellow team-mate bowlers ;)

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Bleak Blunt Blake Blacked By Best Bowler

Commentating on the cricinfo website Stump Smashers fast bowler dutchad said:

"Blake couldn't hit a beach ball with a pygmies jockstrap! We all still remember the disgraceful sheep incident last year and many players will be keeping an eye out. He is not called Mr Stumpy for nothing"

Fans of course still remember vividly the shocking site of Blake taking a bite out of his own cricket bat at last years inaugural event.

His figures don't speak very well either: 3 innings, 14 runs, bra size 32A.

Geoffrey Boycott commented: Blake!? Blake who? Ah tell thee what lad, my mum could bat better than him using a slice of ham. And another thing, if he holds his bat like that he'll rupture himself, he will!"

best suited for him, meh, the best sledge award is already given to User, he deserves that by a mile because he is putting many efforts in it.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I was being sarcastic about the best sledge award :sarcasm

EDIT: I didn't even say best sledge! You've gone and gotten me confused now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread