"Underestimate Me At Your Own Peril" - Blake

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Ah, the old "create a thread and talk trash". Good to see it back, shame to see it happen so, so badly!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Barrow : "Oh no, not another new kid!"

Simon Barrow had a long career as a cricsim player, starting up at the legendary Melbourne Bitters before moving onto creating his own cricsim competition and finally, ending up owning the team who've replaced the Melbourne Bitters in the new era of cricsim.

When Barrow was handed the news clipping from "Blake," his immediate response was without thought,

"Oh no, not another new kid," Barrow seemed slightly amused as he added, "Every year we get one of these kids come out and claim they're the sliced bread of Cricket, and its simply never worked for them! The best thing for these newcomers to do is to lay low, and do the talking with bat and ball."

Barrow quickly concluded,

"As the owner of the Stump Smashers, I'll make sure my team don't fall to these rookie mistakes as they can be costly!"

With a quick glance over the reporters shoulders, Barrow was motioned onto this Lear-jet by his management team, the rumour is that Barrow, and his new team, are heading to the Caribbean, its unclear yet if they've taken a more professional approach to cricket than the Melbourne Bitters, if not, then expect The Smashers to return sleep deprived, broke and rather drunk, some Smashers may also be married on their return trip, Las Vegas isn't too far away!

Last edited:

blake

School Cricketer
"Underestimate Me At Your Own Peril" - Blake
Australian+Cricket+Training+-jdYEB1n58Fl.jpg

Blake executes a leg glance in preparation for his team's tour

Young opening batsman Blake has hit back at claims that he is too inexperienced and not up to the standards of the PCCL, by letting the other teams know that they can understimate him at their own peril. Blake, who shot into the spotlight of the media after an interesting interview claiming that he was ready to tear up the competition was back in action with the media again, letting them know his exact thoughts for the upcoming year.

"Many of the fellow players and media seem to think that you are a joke after your previous interview. How do you respond to these claims?"

Blake then responded with, "If they think that I'm not up to it, it's their loss. I will surely be shocking a few bowlers then this season as I rack up the runs. In preparation for the season we have already secretly filmed one of the Llamas training sessions and let me tell you - they are nothing special."

He wasn't finished just yet however - pausing, before taking a pot shot at Llamas captain Treva: "I'm not sure where Treva is speaking from either - at first I thought he was bowling offspin until I realised he is actually their opening bowler, if you can call him that. He couldn't hit the backside of a barn either with a bat in his hand, so perhaps he should qualify as an all-rounder due to his equally poor abilities."

Dutchad also apparently took a swipe at Blake in the media, although according to Blake he was misguided in his views. "Dutchad, are you serious? You can't actually take anything he says seriously. It is worth noting that I didn't even participate last year, although according to Dutchad I was at the inaugural season opener. This was the same inaugural event that Dutchad himself was arrested at 11pm on the same night after urinating on a fire hydrant, was it not? I think my point is proved. Dutchad is too drunk to take anything he says seriously, and even when he is indeed sober it is still almost impossible to believe his ludicrous tales."

Blake was beginning to get fired up now, and our reporter tried to end the interview but Blake continued speaking: "Oh, and Mattfb? That clown? Let him know that when we are playing his rabble that he is welcome to have a bowl, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at six sixes in an over. I can do it off any other bowler of course, but I'll spare the humiliation for Matt. I don't know what he is thinking about, but if he claims he is actually going to dismiss me in the season he is going to need to improve a lot, after what I saw at the Llamas training. He failed to hit the pitch in his first three deliveries, before delivering a full toss that sailed over the batting net and into the sheep paddock behind."

"If anyone wants to underestimate me, they can do that at their own peril. Just you wait until the season starts, and then the real fun can begin.."

That concluded our interview with Blake, as he walked away leaving us with those final words. He certainly seems more than ready, and Wanderers fans seem quite delighted with his lack of courtesy in the media. Can he back his words up in the upcoming season of PCCL 2010? We'll have to wait and see.

blake

School Cricketer
Wasn't that funny when MaD said it and he actually said it with sarcasm... so to this guy I have no answer. :facepalm

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Higher a ball thrown, harder it hits down. :D

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Llamas nothing special, pffft. You see, all this standing around and drinking beer is a pinnacle way of training. Melbourne Bitters did it and we were one of the most successful teams in cricsim. Our training regime is pefect ;)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Funny you say you have filmed training, because we've not actually trained yet. You obviously got lost and ended up in Peru. We're so good we don't need to train. We stole The Ridler's brain wave machine and already kidnapped Sachin Tendulkar, Shane Warne and Waqar Younis. We are far superior to you mere mortals.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
It's a shame you're all relegating yourselves to this pointless bickering - you're all clearly leaving the way open for the Sharks to dominate from hereon in.

Ah well. Don't bother me lads, please, carry on :doh

blake

School Cricketer
Funny you say you have filmed training, because we've not actually trained yet. You obviously got lost and ended up in Peru. We're so good we don't need to train. We stole The Ridler's brain wave machine and already kidnapped Sachin Tendulkar, Shane Warne and Waqar Younis. We are far superior to you mere mortals.

Llamas captain Treva has furiously denied he was actually training in embarrassment after Blake's comments in the media.

"I wasn't actually training mate, I was just trying to see how fast I could bowl, and then if I could hit the backside of a barn while batting. I evidently couldn't and my bowling is nothing flash either but surely it's a little bit quicker than off spin... right fellas?"

*tumbleweed*

Users who are viewing this thread