Unofficial Tournament - Round 2, 3, 4 Initiated

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I disagree with the yorker rule (they are fairly easy to play after all) and think the glitch in favour rule requires more clarification.

playkid12

Club Captain
Yorker rule...I can understand your point because this makes the game a little more biased toward batsmen (since there is no limit on how many times you can slog). The reason I made this is because in real cricket, its very hard to throw perfect yorkers again and again. Yorkers are nearly impossible to slog (although you can hit fours easily) and I can totally imagine a person throwing nothing but yorkers to a person who constantly slogs because its the last over. It's ok to do it a few times, but 6 balls - all yorkers in a row...well thats just cheap. I'm trying to keep the game a little more realistic by this rule. If you want, I can increase it to three..but I've never seen a bowler use too many yorkers in one over because its hard in real life - they can turn into full tosses or just not hit the right length.

If more people dont like the yorker rule, I'll remove it (or change it to three).

I'm not going to clarify the glitch in favor, however. If you do anything that seems 'borderline', dont do it. Play fair, and you wont have any problems.

Last edited:

paul12907

School Cricketer
EarlCG said:
I've played Paul12907 many times - decent player and good bloke - will make a good addition to the tournament.

played? thrashed more like i think earl :P

and heres screenies from the qualifyer between me and dippi:
ireland2dp6.png

ireland3ve5.png

As u may have guessed im gonna be the irish army - prepare for the green invasion the minnows are here!

Last edited:

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
I really don't understand your point on the yorkers... if somebody bowled six yorkers in a row to me then I'd be confident of getting close to a 24 run over with less risk involved than if I was hitting over the top or if the bowler was varying it - I'd take a 24 run over quite happily. Basically t really isn't something I've ever come across as a problem, unlike your wide rule judgement which I agree with. If you make the limit three though I think that's more reasonable.

As far as glitches go I'm talking about taking runs to the infield (automatic throws are never caught by the keeper - must be a fielding bar there but so quick it never appears) and byes if it goes through to the keeper and slips. I personally don't mind the former too much but the latter gets on my nerves a little - not sure if that's enough reason to ban it though. I imagine for many it'll be an automatic reaction to run, and the issue with the use of these kind of glitches is they are very difficult to prove.

Last edited:

paul12907

School Cricketer
back onto the yorker issue - i agree with earl on this one - if someone is stupid enough to bowl 6 yorkers in row there gonna go for alot of runs - dont see the point in banning a bowler who is disadvantaging themselves - yes its near impossible to slog yorkers for 6 - but at what point is a runrate of more than 24 realy needed?

playkid12

Club Captain
The reason I made the yorker rule is because I had to get 57 runs from two overs once. The first over I slogged and got 30.. but the last over the guy kept throwing yorkers one by one and I couldnt get 27 more runs. I only put up twenty (I hit a four for five yorkers he threw..and the last ball I tried to slog a yorker and got bowled..and it was perfectly timed)..it was really frustrating..and completely unrealistic..i mean 6 yorkers in a row!!

But ok...I'll change it to three yorkers per over max.

Taking runs to the infield is fine and so are byes...those things are minor. I meant something game changing that caused many wickets to fall or an incredible score to be amassed..a glitch that's just not fair. Those byes and easy runs aren't that major and everyone does it...so its fine :)

I hope that clears it up.

Hey Paul, I delted the PM you sent me. Can you tell me your timezone? Also, you should contact Bangladesh, because that is your first match.

Last edited:

playkid12

Club Captain
Please remember to post both scorecards (after each team has batted) from now on, so I can keep up with which batsman has the most runs and which bowler has taken the most wickets, etc. By scorecards, I mean the full scorecard..who got who out and how many runs each batsman scored. Its ok that paul didnt do it for the qualifier because it was just a qualifier and the stats didnt matter, only the winner did. But from now on, I need the full scorecards for both of the teams involved. Gluck to all!

Last edited:

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Sorry but I was already in game when that was posted and, tbh, I'd personally rather do without the stats and not risk the game going Out Of Sync due to people minimizing for extended periods.

earlrzareal.jpg

Beat rza by nine wickets. He did reasonably well batting, hitting me for a fair few boundaries and keeping up a bit above 10 an over. However, despite me dropping a tonne of catches he kept losing wickets and was dismissed for 174.

Unfortunately after I hit a string of successive boundaries off some of his early balls he began resorting to some of the extreme tactics and generally not trying too hard so I was able to knock off the runs fairly sharpish with just Maccullum out caught a square leg off a mistimed slog.

First innings was enjoyable but unfortunately the game petered out after that.

playkid12

Club Captain
Game added to results in first post.

The points table will be put up at the end of the first round.

fs740

School Cricketer
me(fs740) and short_leg played our game.
in the first innings short_leg put up a score of 214 in 18.5 overs but then
the game froze.so we both decided that if i(fs740) score 240 in 20 overs i win.
i reached 240 in the 15th over.
i'm sorry we couldn't get the scorecard of short_leg's innings 'cause it froze
and we had to quit.

here's the scorecard of: Pakistan beat England

Attachments

• PC_Grab8.jpg
    PC_Grab8.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Arunava

Club Captain
I want to play it as well, what is the first step to do that. .i'll take australia / india or whichever team as you say. anyone who want to play can ask my ip and connect :) or catch me at gamespy.

Genius-Boy

School Cricketer
I too want to take part in this tournament...Just say how to play matches(through gamespy, ip, lan???)...Can somebody please help me with joining this fantastic tournament?

All help are much appreciated!

gb

playkid12

Club Captain
Unfortunately, the tournament is already under way. The first players to come and put their hands up were the ones that made it in. I will be making another one as soon as this one ends. It will have more slots than this tournament. Hopefully, I'll see you two playing in that one.

Users who are viewing this thread