VB Series

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
2nd VB Final

Toss: Australia

Australia 359/5 (50 ov) (Hayden 126, Martyn 67, Symonds 66) (Pathan 2/75, Nehra 2/63)
India 151 (33.2 ov) (Pathan 30) (Gillespie 2/52, Lee 2/39, Williams 2/12, Harvey 2/30)

Result: Australia won by 208 runs

Man of the Match: M.Hayden

Player of the Series: A.Gilchrist

Series: Australia wins the best-of-3-finals 2-0

squiz

International Coach
great win by Australia, they deserved to win. I wish India could of put up a bit of a fight though, but aw well. It's all good. Bring On Sri Lanka!! :D

Rangeela

International Coach
Ricky Ponting and his Australia side celebrate retaining their VB Series title

T20

Panel of Selectors
Originally posted by squiz
great win by Australia, they deserved to win. I wish India could of put up a bit of a fight though, but aw well. It's all good. Bring On Sri Lanka!! :D

bad way to end the tour for India. I think they lost momentum after the defeat in Sydney. Anyway they still produced some very good performances in last 2 months :)
Bring on Pakistan!! ;) :D

crick4life

International Cricketer
Overall still a profitable tour for India given their previous performances in Australia. Would have been better if they could have played better in the triseries finals but which finals has ever set the world on fire anyway, finals have always been a dampner. Very well played Australia, I cant understand how anyone can derail them off no.1 team in the near future.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by Shailesh
bad way to end the tour for India. I think they lost momentum after the defeat in Sydney. Anyway they still produced some very good performances in last 2 months :)
Bring on Pakistan!! ;) :D
i think the tour and the tvs (or tvn or whatever it was) series before it proved the gap is still large between the two sides in the ODI format.

India have certainly closed the gap big time on the test front - and will start definite favourites for the test series in India. That will be an unusual feeling for this Australian side. It has been a very, very long time since they started a test series as underdog.

Users who are viewing this thread