VB Series

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Come on guys I thought that was pretty obvious!
I am really happy the way Pakistan is playing, and I am really really happy Shoaib is not in the team because now even though we still lost, we are playing as fighters at least.
Will I have to spell everything out for you guys from now on? :D

Pakistan lost to the better side today, and there is no shame in that if you give a fair effort. We did extremely well in the field and if some of the decisions had gone our way Aussies might have been hard pressed to reach 200. Lee and Mcgrath were just too good today. As on most days.

Rangeela

International Coach
VB Final Game 2 - Australia vs Pakistan

6 Feb @ Sydney

Odds:

Australia - 4/13
Pakistan - 3/1

Bets will be accepted until 02:30 GMT on 6th February and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

squiz

International Coach
Australia posted 9/239 in their innings. Rana was on a hat-trick on the last over and McGrath was facing. McGrath inside edged the ball and missed leg stump by a few inches :) Got a boundary for it too :P

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Again, the Pakistan bowlers seem to have done a decent job... now the batters have to make sure we get a third game at Adelaide. Its do-able if they dont lose their heads.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yes, Pakistan have got a good chance because none of the Aussies got away from them, 43, 41, 40, 38... with only 240 to get, a strong partnership, maybe just a single big score would give them the initiative, one would think.

squiz

International Coach
Well it's not looking good for Pakistan now, losing their 4th wicket some time ago and are now 4/51. Really they should have won the series after this game, 230 odd doesn't really cut it in today's cricket.

Rangeela

International Coach
2nd Final Aus vs Pak

Toss: Pakistan

Australia 239/9 (50 ov)
Pakistan 208 (45.4 ov) (Youhana 51) (McGrath 5/27)

Result: Australia won by 31 runs

Man of the Match: GD McGrath
Player of the Series: B Lee

Series: Australia wins the best-of-3-finals 2-0

squiz

International Coach
Well our bowlers are just too good. I'm not trying to brag or anything but we have so much depth in Australian Cricket. Michael Kasprowicz who has an ODI average of 23.14 and a VB Series average of 24.80 couldn't even get into the XI.

Brett Lee has bowled awesome throughout the series 16 wickets at just over 22

Nav-D

School Cricketer
squiz said:
Well our bowlers are just too good. I'm not trying to brag or anything but we have so much depth in Australian Cricket. Michael Kasprowicz who has an ODI average of 23.14 and a VB Series average of 24.80 couldn't even get into the XI.

I disagree, Pakistan batted very poorly in the 2 finals, most of the wickets were the result of poorly made decisions or rash shots by the batsmen.

I have actually over estimated Australia in the One Day game, they are near to unbeatable in test matches but are not as strong in one days. If Pakistan's batting had held up they would have won both finals.

It is either brilliant bowling by Pakistan or slack batting by Australia, whatever it is they did not perform well overall in batting in the VB series which could become a trend if Australia aren't careful. England will give them a good fight this summer.

On Pakistan, I still believe they need fundamental orginzational changes in the grass roots level and not knee jerk reactions like sacking of coaches which means nothing, I've already outlined a few pointers so I wont repeat them but it needs to be done for Pakistan to progress any further.

T20

Panel of Selectors
I think both teams were not at their best in the finals. Pakistan batting let them down otherwise they had a good chance in both games.

msamina

Club Cricketer
Shailesh said:
I think both teams were not at their best in the finals. Pakistan batting let them down otherwise they had a good chance in both games.

Or Australia rose up to the ocassion yet again to win a game. It sounds all too familiar.

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
I think pakistan is looking very good with there bowling although lacking behind batting
But they will sort it out some how.If pakistan continue this sort of form with there bowling I dont think india would have a slice of a chance even winning the test matche's I know I am off topic but pakistan is just too good for india.Keep that in mind that india did not even win one game againts in australia in vb series in 2003.To say the least it was disappointing.

I would suggest every one to take a moment of silence for The pakistani team

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think pakistan is looking very good with there bowling although lacking behind batting But they will sort it out some how.If pakistan continue this sort of form with there bowling I dont think india would have a slice of a chance even winning the test matche's I know I am off topic but pakistan is just too good for india.Keep that in mind that india did not even win one game againts in australia in vb series in 2003.To say the least it was disappointing.

I thought India beat Australia at the GABBA in th VB series and scored 304 runs in that game, cam close to winning th 1st ODI at the MCG and the SCG game whre lee hit a six of th penultimate delivery !
Fardin , the 1st round of matches of India against Australia in the 2004 VB series were more tight than the Pak Vs Aus games this year
The difference is that , India played well in the first set of matches and messed it up in the finals and Pak played poorly in the first half and competed well in the finals ! It all evens up !
What r u talking about when u say , India do not have a slice of a chance in tests against Pakistan , Don`t forget that u lost 3 zip to Australia and India drew the series 1-1 in Australia last year and even in the worst of their form lost just 2-1 to Australia this year and had a chance to draw the series 2-2 had the match at Chennai not been rained off !
I dont think that my post will have any effect on u bcoz posting without thinking has become ur identitiy on the forums , FArdin
We will know who the better team is in a few weeks time , till then stop posting wrong facts like `India did not beat Australia even once`
On to the Pak tour to India thread now! Bring`em on !
If u feel India does not have a slice of a chanc in the tests bcoz pak performed gr8 vs the aussies ,
How about this for a head to head record against the world Champs --
India Vs Australia (Tests) in last 11 games(3 series)
Played :11
India Won :4
Aus Won : 4
Drawn : 3 India have won the same no of matches as Australia in the last 3 series ! Does any other team possess a record as good as this against the world Champs ?
Pakistan have lost 10 out of the last 10 games agianst the Aussies (a gr8 success rate of 0%)
Many may say that what ever I have posted has no relevance with the topic but i felt a need to reply seeing one of Fardin`s stupid posts against the Indian team yet again !
I have to accept one thing for sure - `Fardin has the potential to change any topic to an Indo-Pak discussion` Well done!
I think most of the Indians on the forums have accepted the fact that Pak are marginally better than India in Odis but India r way ahead of them as far as tests are concernd and u can see why looking at the records of the 2 teams against Australia but none of the Pakistanis on th forums seem to agree that ! If India beat Pak in the test series they move ahead of England in the ICC rankings to the No.2 spot !
Fardin accept the fact that India is better than Pak in tests as most of the Inian members hve ccepted that Pak is better than us in ODIs
Anyways Congrats to Australia !
Australia have shown that they can defend even the smallest of totals with ease .
Great bowling by Lee and Mcgrath

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread