Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Shepherd (England)

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Simon Taufel (Australia)

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • others

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
I am not voting at Shepherd, but I voted wor Taufel guy...just heard his name once......oh no hes an aussy :( (no offence aussies ;))

1. David Shepherd (he is getting old and making a few mistakes though)
2. Simon Taufel
3. Rudi Koertzen
4. Venkat Raghavan
5. Billy Bowden

Bucknor is okay but he has some sort of grudge against the Indians.

My all time best (at least since I have been watching cricket since 1980)

1. Dickie Bird
2. David Shepherd
3. Pilu Reporter (india)

Worst

1. Asoka DeSilva
2. Darell Hair
3. Daryll Harper
4. And the umpire who almost gave jadeja out caught behind against SL only to scratch his head with his index finger. Man!! that was funny if anyone has seen it.

Last edited:
From what i've seen this summer of Englands tests, I would say Rudi Koertzen and Simon Taufel. Whether thats the case in the games I can't see I don't know!

Last edited:
hello,
i am suprised billy bowden has been leading in the poll if some one has been following him over his subcontinent tour schould surely know about what kind of decisons he gives in every match he makes some ridicolous mistakes like in asia cup final when sachin was plum L.B.W in 2 ocassions on the bowling of dilshan he gave them not out and in first test betwwen ind and aus he gave irfan pathan out caught when there was day light between bat and bowl and in the 2 innings he gave shewag out lbw when he had slamed the bowl in to the pads in every match he umpires he makes horrendous decisions .tell me what you want in cricket good umpiring or a joker .if a joker then you can arrange it for a lower cost for me simon taufell and rudi are the 2 best umpires and mr shepard who was the best umpire for a long time schould retire as he is getting too old and buckner and ashoka de silva surely hates indians for some reason.

Last edited:
Steve Bucknor as most accurate umpire
Billy Bowden is still a great entertainer, essential in dull situations

Darrell Hair has called two bowlers for throwing. We all know the first one, who is the second?

my best umpires:

1.Simon Taufel
2.Venkat (great man, sad to see him go!)
3.David Sheperd

Worst

1.Bucknor
2.Harper
3.Hair

Newcomers:

1.Aleem Dar
2.Bowdon (quite new)

Users who are viewing this thread