Who is the best Umpire?

Who is the best umpire?

• Total voters
J

James Driscoll

Ok, one example. 5th test Eng v Saf. General crap umpiring. And in the 1st and 2nd tests in the same series he was even worse. Especially for England. We just got shafted by him!

So that's three very recent examples.

wackojacko

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
he, yea you should here the guys at bay 16 or what ever it is when a contreversal decision is made.

Anyway, Venkat can't be worse than Asoka DeSilva

wackojacko

International Cricketer
on the Aussie tour of Windies, on some decisions he made i was sure he must have been blind or something!

such as the Lara dismissal in the 2nd or 1st test

R

ramboy

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Oct 21 2003, 11:14 AM
We can't give one example. cos he makes mistakes in almost every match, especially those involving England.
An easy way of escaping without prviding details

Even in the first test between SA and PAK Darell hair ,an australian umpire had given bad decisions by ruling gibbs and kallis out which has prompted graeme smith to ask for the usage of video technology in test matches........
Every umpire makes mistakes and even the best umpire whoever he maybe could have made mistakes and there is no point in arguing how bad each umpire is and i don't think this is the topic in this thread
And james and Andrew if u still need a better clarification on this issue u better collect information regarding the bad decisions made by each umpire in every match and we can collectively take a decision based on the facts and in that case it will be unbiased and not as in the case of one test match or test series

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Extracts from Cricinfo's commentary for the 5th Test between England & South Africa this year.

Bicknell to Rudolph, no run, very wide, looks back and sees Venkat
? ? ? ? not giving the wide outside off

Anderson to Smith, no run, forward, walks into one, into the pad,
? ? ? ? was going to hit all three, just on the edge of the line, and very
? ? ? ? lucky not to be back to the change rooms, Venkat says no

Flintoff to McKenzie, OUT: on line back of a length, gets into the
? ? ? ? back pad after a big inside edge, and Venkat lifts the finger

And from the 1st Test in the same series.

Pretorius to Vaughan, legbye: one run, sharp inswinger, hit on pads
? ? ? ? in front of middle stump, appeal for lbw, Umpire Venkat say not
? ? ? ? out,

Recent enough examples for you?

J

James Driscoll

Originally posted by ramboy+Oct 23 2003, 12:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ramboy @ Oct 23 2003, 12:37 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-andrew_nixon79
@Oct 21 2003, 11:14 AM
We can't give one example. cos he makes mistakes in almost every match, especially those involving England.
An easy way of escaping without prviding details

Even in the first test between SA and PAK Darell hair ,an australian umpire had given bad decisions by ruling gibbs and kallis out which has prompted graeme smith to ask for the usage of video technology in test matches........
Every umpire makes mistakes and even the best umpire whoever he maybe could have made mistakes and there is no point in arguing how bad each umpire is and i don't think this is the topic in this thread
And james and Andrew if u still need a better clarification on this issue u better collect information regarding the bad decisions made by each umpire in every match and we can collectively take a decision based on the facts and in that case it will be unbiased and not as in the case of one test match or test series [/b]
:huh: I named three very recent ocassions of his poor umpiring. And if you want to do a table to a record the amount of bad decisions made each umpire in every match for the whoel season, I'm sure I know who would top the 'Terrible Umpires' list.

Users who are viewing this thread