Who's the best umpire...

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I

indyan

Simon Taufel is the best umpire for me.
I think that Bucknor (DOB-31 May 1946) and Sepherd (DOB-27 December 1940) are too old for this job.It's time for them to retire. ;)

Who do you think is the best?
[NOTE:The poll is bout the best ump and not ur fav ump.Billy Bowden is my fav]

I

indyan

I had to exclude Asoka and Bucknor cause only 10 poll choices are allowed

P

playjls

bucknor is one of the best umps in the world, Regardless of his age.

H

hory

Bucknor WAS one of the best umpires in the world, he's still top 10 but that decision against tendulkar was just bizarre.... .
Though it pains me to say it Bowden has really showed he is world class in the past two AUS-IND test matches.
In the early days of his career doing One Dayers in NZ he was a terrible umpire, mainly used for his novelty value (His actions are much much tamer than they used to be).
But I'd go with Steve Davis from Australia at the moment, and he's not even on the 'elite panel'.
Shep is definitely my favourite thou, he's classic.
And the worst "elite panel" umpire is without doubt Asoka De Silva. He is consistent, I'll give him that. It's just he's consistently bad. In the last NZ-PAK test he called two 5 ball overs, Dave Orchard the other ump tried to stop him, but was overruled. I don't know how this guy slipped through the cracks.

P

playjls

I have to agree with you.As regards to the voting, theres too many too vote for and all umps are unique.

I

indyan

Originally posted by playjls@Jan 7 2004, 02:56 PM
As regards to the voting, theres too many too vote for and all umps are unique.
I wanted to include all the Elite pannel umpires.
Asoka is certainly the worst umpire.He is a nightmare for indians.

P

playjls

That doesnt make him a bad umpire.Although he has made some very dad decisions as of late.

I cant stand people who say an umpire is bad because he makes bad decisions towards their country.All them umps from india and pak have gone so stop complaning.

S

squiz

go Billy Bowden hes cool. its funny when he signals for things like legbyes

P

playjls

I like him.He used to be really crap.When the poms toured there he must have missed about 6 edges in the seris.

One or two is ok for a seris but 6 :angry:

S

squiz

Australia usually always wins so i like umpires which aren't boring

Users who are viewing this thread