Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Asad Rauf

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Billy Bowden

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Ian Howell

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Why isnt David Shepherd mentioned? He was a great umpire. You should say best current umpires in the poll since uve left some out.

Anyway, for me it goes:

1) David Shepherd
2) Simon Taufel
3) Steve Bucknor
4) Billy Bowden
5) Daryl Harper

Last edited:
Current favorite ?
Well i'd go with Aleem Dar seeing as he is the only one from the sub-continent.
Else,my all-time fav,who erred very little was David Shepherd who has not been mentioned.

we all love david sheperd you cannot compare him with others and we know he was the Best....so no choice of including him here.....

It's gotta be Billy Bowden. Not only because he's a legend but also because he barely made a wrong decision during the England and West Indies test series. Plus he took that ball in the rib from Ian Bell in the Ashes like a professional ;)

It's gotta be Billy Bowden. Not only because he's a legend but also because he barely made a wrong decision during the England and West Indies test series. Plus he took that ball in the rib from Ian Bell in the Ashes like a professional ;)

Bowden is a showman, which seems to cover up his awful mistakes. I think Howell would need to be a houdini to cover up his mistakes though. Best umpire at the moment doesn't need a poll, Taufel is the best.

My personal favourite is Bowden cause he's got his own six and four signals and a sense of humour but the best as far as the decision goes is Taufel. He's a great umpire who hardly ever gets it wrong.

Surely Bowden can't be forgiven by Australians for wrongly giving Kasper out in 2005 at Edgbaston?

I hate him now because he won you guys the Ashes in 05 with that decision of Kasper. :(

Can you stay on topic, which is who is the best umpire and not why you dislike certain umpires.

Maybe you do but the thread is asking for who you rate as the best umpire and not who you dislike because of this decision, that decision or how they wear their hair.

Stay on topic or posts will be removed.

steve bucknor and billy bowden are the perfect pair for a match, bucknor has his own to LBW desicions, he either says 'no' straight away or waits (the wait of doom for batsmen) and then gives them out....and i just like the crooked finger of doom from billy.

Users who are viewing this thread