WC2007: Semi Finals

wolf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Semi Finals

Well we know our line up. It is,

24th April New Zealand v Sri Lanka, Jamaica
25th April Australia v South Africa, St Lucia

I predict Sri Lanka to get past New Zealand, although if Bond is fit it will be a close match.

I can't see South Africa getting past Australia, Australia are looking too good. But you never know.

irottev

School Cricketer
NZ - AUS final. SA have no real chance, but if Sri Lanka play well, and things go their way like the toss they could make it.

Then Australia to win the final, whoever makes it.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If SA have one of their on days they could cause an upset. Their batting is ore than capable of chasing something we put up and can set a decent enough total for their bowlers to defend.

NZ v SL game could go either way really, Vaas is more than capable of using the early movement and the Kiwis will look a much better side with early movement.

Sureshot

Executive member
Are Bond and Oram expected to return on Tuesday?

I'd still back Sri Lanka actually. Think New Zealand have looked weak over the last couple of games.

afreedee

Club Cricketer
Hmm, pretty difficult. Anything could happen really. Personally i reckon the final will be Australia V New Zealand - and Australia will probably win...

manee

Chairman of Selectors
If SA have one of their on days they could cause an upset. Their batting is ore than capable of chasing something we put up.
Or any score, anyone puts up.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sureshot said:
Are Bond and Oram expected to return on Tuesday?

I'd still back Sri Lanka actually. Think New Zealand have looked weak over the last couple of games.

Yea I would say they both should be fine, wasn't too much panic over Oram latest injury so should both play against SL.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If Sri Lanka enters the final, I predict them to halt Australia's hat trick of World Cup wins. New Zealand havent looked good at all in the last few games. Sri Lanka have the most rounded bowling attack of the tournament.

Australia los to Sri Lanka in the World Cup final 1996. if Sri Lanka comes on, it might be a repeat!

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
cmon Lanka!
I can see them lifting the cup. They should beat NZ if Bond is unfit. Theres that Styris factor, though, and Fleming on his day is destructive.

Blaster

School Cricketer
we might be in for a 1996 clash again, should be good.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
sri lanka could be very dangerous im hoping they dont make it through and if the kiwis do i hope they dont chase we all know what can happen when they do

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Both SL and NZ have a good all round attack at full strength, haven't seen much of SL chasing of late but their middle to lower order doesn't seem to have that punch that the Kiwi one does so they would be relying on their top order to chase a big total.

So I would feel a bit more safe playing them rather than NZ but our batters haven't faced Malinga in awhile.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yea definitely one to fear, just noticed we have never faced him in an ODI so the final will be the first time a number of our players have faced him. His action and out and out pace could definitely cause us problems.

Users who are viewing this thread