WC2007: Super 8

McCallan has really impressed me throughout this tournament, solid performer for Ireland. Can't see Bangladesh getting out of this one, even with Bashar at the crease.

Last edited:
Guys, Can you at least try to post a bit more than just a running commentary of action as it happens, this is supposed to be a thread about the games, not a description of the action. Use chat if you want a text commentary.

stevie said:
McCallan has really impressed me throughout this tournament, solid performer for Ireland. Can't see Bangladesh getting out of this one, even with Bashar at the crease.

Yep, he reminds me of Ashley Giles when he was at the top of his game (don't laugh) during 2004 where he was deadly accurate and got some turn. And he isn't one of those club cricket standard spinners from Holland and Bermuda.

I dont understand how Bangladesh gave up today's match :eek: after some great win in this World Cup :p

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
I dont understand how Bangladesh gave up today's match :eek: after some great win in this World Cup :p

I think Simon Mann on BBC radio just summed it up beautifully. "When they're good they're very good, when they're bad they're very bad."

Not often you see Bangladesh in a tight match, it has to be said.

I m liking Ireland
ryt now there fielding, commitment and enthusiasm is awesome

stevie said:
I think Simon Mann on BBC radio just summed it up beautifully. "When they're good they're very good, when they're bad they're very bad."

Not often you see Bangladesh in a tight match, it has to be said.

exactly :crying

rashik007 said:
exactly :crying

Well at least this World Cup Bangladesh are now making it as a major nation, rather than being there to make up the numbers. They've had two very clinical wins against major nations (which they are becoming) and I wouldn't bet against them beating the West Indies. Bangla have almost arrived.

Rafiquie is good hitter :p but in this tournament , he have done nothing with the bat , and today again he was disapointing :(

rashik007 said:
Bashar in all respect is an aweful captain!

To be honest I think Bashar is a waste of time, he doesn't seem to have a cricketing brain, he has a negative effect on other players (has poor body language and is a crap runner for example) and his batting isn't good enough for ODI's, although his average of 34 in tests shows he is suited to that arena.

Drewska said:
To be honest I think Bashar is a waste of time, he doesn't seem to have a cricketing brain, he has a negative effect on other players (has poor body language and is a crap runner for example) and his batting isn't good enough for ODI's, although his average of 34 in tests shows he is suited to that arena.

exactly thats what our selectors doesnt understand! :rolleyes:

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
Did Bashar won the toss today or Johnston won it ;)

Johnston did

gudness Ireland won and they deserve it. Mind it its no fluke

Users who are viewing this thread