Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Going to document a 3 test series between England and Pakistan with highlights of all the best bits.

For 20 overs have been a cat and mouse affair with Pakistan coming out on top. Some really nice moment and some tweaking of the sliders.

At the moment my spinners are bouncing the ball a little too much even with Spin Bounce turned down to 1.

Hope you enjoy and I'm going to use this thread for tweaks and advice etc!!

1st Test Pakistan v England
Lahore
Crumbly Wearing Hard Pitch
Pakistan
85/0
22 Overs

For me the sliders allow you to almost replicate the pitch you are playing on true to life so for example:

Old Trafford:

Hard-Grassy-Prestine

Pace Speed Min - 60 as bowlers tire their Speed won't fall off a cliff unrealistically

Pace Speed Max - 86 gives us that realistic zip off the pitch this will be same throughout game mainly

Spin Bounce- 50 pitch is hard so Bounce will be there, this will decrease as gam goes on though and the ball gets softer.

Spin Flight - 50
Pace Swing - 85
English conditions, it's going to swing and the seamers need to be a handful. You can decrease this a little as the ball gets older.

Pace Turn - 33 unlikely to grip early on, can up this through day 3-5

Spin Drift - 33
Spin Turn - 70
nothing too exaggerated as English pitches offer very little. This combined with low friction should mean to start with spinners arnt doing much!

Pitch Friction - 30 at this stage we don't want the spinners getting much grip. The new ball should be zipping through. Again you could increase as the game goes on through days 3-5 as the pitch wears slightly!

Pitch Bounce - 90 first few days and you want this hard English seamer to be going through to the keeper at head height and be able to execute some naughty bouncers. If one flies over the keepers head for four byes so be it, it happens! This can be reduced as the game goes on depending on the pitch you are trying to simulate!

Ball Friction - 30 while it's new should be very little. It's grassy and it's normally live grass so should be zipping off. Different in the sub continent. Again will change as the ball gets older!

Ball Bounce - 80 this simulates the Condition of the ball. Hard new ball will be flying through with good bounce. Overs 30 onwards you will gradually decrease this as the old ball won't do too much. Even more satisfying when you get the new nut in ur hands and ramp it up again. Will feel genuinely like you got a new ball visually!!

Shot Force - 50 new ball will ping off the bat. Decrease this as the ball gets older to
Simulate the softness of the ball. Edges won't fly as far etc!

Let me know what you think boys and I'll put it in orginal post. This would be my Fast English set up.

Adjusting Bounce of ball to simulate its hardness is very important as well as the bounce in pitch decreasing!!

You may also want to decrease the swing mocvement as the ball ghets older but in England it tends to always stick around!!

Last edited:

Finchell

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
my first play test with no slider changes.
ENG v AUS

I bowled 95 overs at ENG for all out 479 (run rate quite high). At one stage they were 5 / 425. Was very interesting as well, because Joe Root and Joss Butler put on a 150 + run partnership after i had them on the ropes. I think this innings proved my bowling was very scrappy and inconsistent. I also turned off fielding assistance completely for a 20 over period and that was a nightmare to say the least.

All wickets that fell were genuine edges and misplayed shots.

It came my time to bat (on hard difficulty). All my scoring shots were coming of straight drives and down the ground strokes. Whenever i started to move around the crease and play square or leg side I was getting out.

I was all out for 237 (47 overs) and forced to follow on and was all out for 147. (28 overs)

Safe to say I haven't mastered batting yet! :(

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Stuard Broad bowling 170 km/h....

But, overall some nice stuff in that video :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Going to document a 3 test series between England and Pakistan with highlights of all the best bits.

For 20 overs have been a cat and mouse affair with Pakistan coming out on top. Some really nice moment and some tweaking of the sliders.

At the moment my spinners are bouncing the ball a little too much even with Spin Bounce turned down to 1.

Hope you enjoy and I'm going to use this thread for tweaks and advice etc!!

1st Test Pakistan v England
Lahore
Crumbly Wearing Hard Pitch
Pakistan
85/0
22 Overs

Which teams are you using? Default out of the box or downloaded from academy? Also, which difficulty levels are you playing at and it would be great if you can list the slider settings.

Suspect it's the hard nature of the pitch causing the ball to bounce too much.

Suspect the pitch and weather conditions means complete diddly squat - again.

There are no noticeable changes between pitch types in terms of how they play and what they look like. Just like every day match is played in bright sunlight, with barely a cloud in the sky.

They promised these things but once again failed to deliver.

And the crowd sounds and looks the same no matter where you play. As well as having altering weather and pitch conditions, Shane Warne cricket also had screaming crowds in the sub-continent, calypso drums in the Carribean and polite golf claps in England. Fast forward to 2017 and, nope, these simple things are out of the capability of the developer.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Thats a brilliant gameplay, exactly how tests should feel like...Looking forward to how it goes..

LEFF

Club Captain
@wealey88 mate that gameplay vid is amazing! What were your difficulty settings and sliders set at? They look like they play really well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread