Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Must admit over the xmas week or so i got so lost with sliders/attributes. For the time being I'm just going to play the game. I'm feeling a Eng v SA Test match on a Grassy/Hard/Pristine track on default sliders :P I'll record only the stand out stuff :P

@wealey88 That wicket is beautiful :) Could watch them all day.

I was the same you get wrapped up in changing stuff and not playing. Game plays fine and tbh the tailenders are rubbish enough.

Not sure why we got hooked up on it.

Again I don't really know if sliders have a detriment to gameplay or not

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I was the same you get wrapped up in changing stuff and not playing. Game plays fine and tbh the tailenders are rubbish enough.

Not sure why we got hooked up on it.

Again I don't really know if sliders have a detriment to gameplay or not

Yeah i know i was more confused after fiddling about with everything and because i knew i changed something i was looking for anything which may have been there before anyway. oh well atleast we gave it a try :)

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
People kept going on about AI v AI which tbh I couldn't care less about! That's not what games are for.

Yeah was strange as ross has said many times dbc is never designed for that. But everyone has their preferred playing/watching style. We all enjoy it so it all good :) Just a few things get fixed and this game will be great atm it's good but i just hope after they fix few things the edges don't disappear like in dbc14.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
my observations so far is this game has the stuff dbc14 was missing in terms of player skills/attributes and pitch conditions making a difference to how it plays. for me sliders are a "cheat" for when conditions aren't in your favour... i don't think they are good or bad for gameplay they just simulate the effect of another pitch. i'm sure you could find a combination that fouled up things rotten but really there for like i said above - no swing but you don't want to toil, ramp it up a bit... feel day 5 in calcutta isn't playing right, ramp up the turn etc.

the gameplay on default is delicious. i'm getting great variety of dismissals. few too many cheap ones but i will look at the player mentalities maybe...

such a shame about the logo issues and the missing shots and the way that has fouled up the launch... this should be recognised as an effing phenomenal game. and @BigAntStudios i retract wholeheartedly the arcadey comment - it's not arcadey in the slightest on further experience. this is a seriously deep, realistic and excellent game... just needs a few tweaks.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
my observations so far is this game has the stuff dbc14 was missing in terms of player skills/attributes and pitch conditions making a difference to how it plays. for me sliders are a "cheat" for when conditions aren't in your favour... i don't think they are good or bad for gameplay they just simulate the effect of another pitch. i'm sure you could find a combination that fouled up things rotten but really there for like i said above - no swing but you don't want to toil, ramp it up a bit... feel day 5 in calcutta isn't playing right, ramp up the turn etc.

the gameplay on default is delicious. i'm getting great variety of dismissals. few too many cheap ones but i will look at the player mentalities maybe...

such a shame about the logo issues and the missing shots and the way that has fouled up the launch... this should be recognised as an effing phenomenal game. and @BigAntStudios i retract wholeheartedly the arcadey comment - it's not arcadey in the slightest on further experience. this is a seriously deep, realistic and excellent game... just needs a few tweaks.

Cheap wickets I just restart the over ;)

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
If different pitch types are coded to play as you'd expect them to then there shouldn't really be much need for the sliders. If it rags on a crumbly day 5 pitch and bounces on a hard pristine one on default then happy days, that's a big leap forward.

Some of the dismissals on this and the rebel tour thread have been joyous, I'll take the odd chip to point if I can also get a nick caught 3rd slip or a bowled to a forward defense.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If different pitch types are coded to play as you'd expect them to then there shouldn't really be much need for the sliders. If it rags on a crumbly day 5 pitch and bounces on a hard pristine one on default then happy days, that's a big leap forward.

Some of the dismissals on this and the rebel tour thread have been joyous, I'll take the odd chip to point if I can also get a nick caught 3rd slip or a bowled to a forward defense.

My only doubt re how pitches play is whether they have enough deterioration over days. That said in my tour I've only played 1 day, 2 day or 3 day matches and so far on day 3 of a 4 day Test, so haven't seen a late 4th day / 5th pitch yet.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
People kept going on about AI v AI which tbh I couldn't care less about! That's not what games are for.

So why is the feature there then? And why does nobody care about what happens in career mode where AI vs AI happens all the time when you are fielding?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
So why is the feature there then? And why does nobody care about what happens in career mode where AI vs AI happens all the time when you are fielding?

That wasn't a dig at you at all. Was a personal opinion. I just don't get why you would pay money to watch a virtual game. Could just watch the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread