Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apologies I meant as opposed to the standard out the box difficulty settings

Just trying to understand in more detail what each slider affects, the OP helps a lot but could be elaborated on by those who have played around with the sliders so far

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah many have been asking BA what these sliders actually do --- others are slowly figuring out what they do through experimentation....

umurulz

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Going to document a 3 test series between England and Pakistan with highlights of all the best bits.

For 20 overs have been a cat and mouse affair with Pakistan coming out on top. Some really nice moment and some tweaking of the sliders.

At the moment my spinners are bouncing the ball a little too much even with Spin Bounce turned down to 1.

Hope you enjoy and I'm going to use this thread for tweaks and advice etc!!

1st Test Pakistan v England
Lahore
Crumbly Wearing Hard Pitch
Pakistan
85/0
22 Overs

For me the sliders allow you to almost replicate the pitch you are playing on true to life so for example:

Old Trafford:

Hard-Grassy-Prestine

Pace Speed Min - 60 as bowlers tire their Speed won't fall off a cliff unrealistically

Pace Speed Max - 86 gives us that realistic zip off the pitch this will be same throughout game mainly

Spin Bounce- 50 pitch is hard so Bounce will be there, this will decrease as gam goes on though and the ball gets softer.

Spin Flight - 50
Pace Swing - 85
English conditions, it's going to swing and the seamers need to be a handful. You can decrease this a little as the ball gets older.

Pace Turn - 33 unlikely to grip early on, can up this through day 3-5

Spin Drift - 33
Spin Turn - 70
nothing too exaggerated as English pitches offer very little. This combined with low friction should mean to start with spinners arnt doing much!
Pitch Friction - 30 at this stage we don't want the spinners getting much grip. The new ball should be zipping through. Again you could increase as the game goes on through days 3-5 as the pitch wears slightly!

Pitch Bounce - 90 first few days and you want this hard English seamer to be going through to the keeper at head height and be able to execute some naughty bouncers. If one flies over the keepers head for four byes so be it, it happens! This can be reduced as the game goes on depending on the pitch you are trying to simulate!

Ball Friction - 30 while it's new should be very little. It's grassy and it's normally live grass so should be zipping off. Different in the sub continent. Again will change as the ball gets older!

Ball Bounce - 80 this simulates the Condition of the ball. Hard new ball will be flying through with good bounce. Overs 30 onwards you will gradually decrease this as the old ball won't do too much. Even more satisfying when you get the new nut in ur hands and ramp it up again. Will feel genuinely like you got a new ball visually!!

Shot Force - 50 new ball will ping off the bat. Decrease this as the ball gets older to
Simulate the softness of the ball. Edges won't fly as far etc!

Let me know what you think boys and I'll put it in orginal post. This would be my Fast English set up.

Adjusting Bounce of ball to simulate its hardness is very important as well as the bounce in pitch decreasing!!

You may also want to decrease the swing mocvement as the ball ghets older but in England it tends to always stick around!!

Excellent Article I must say. But did I just saw S. Broad bowling 174.47 km/hr on 1:11.. haha

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Back to the land of living after Christmas! Hope we are all well and had a good new year!

This innings was the first I have played without adjusting any sliders.

Oddly enough it probably played the best.

I finally got my first bowled off a seamer and the rest were nicks to the keeper with a few edges dropping short.

One interesting thing to note was that by dropping the infielders to deep it eradicated chipped shots by the AI!

Further more the AI genuinely struggled and scratches around on Grassy Worn Hard pitch. Patel hates it.

This is all very encouraging but my only issue and @blockerdave im coming to you for this.

Is the bounce and speed so slow and low for all pitches when the sliders are default?

Not much is getting over stump height. So gameplay wise it's bang on but visually looks like they are all medium pacers.

@Dridge118 @karolkarol

Attachments

• IMG_4656.JPG
    IMG_4656.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 138

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Back to the land of living after Christmas! Hope we are all well and had a good new year!

This innings was the first I have played without adjusting any sliders.

Oddly enough it probably played the best.

I finally got my first bowled off a seamer and the rest were nicks to the keeper with a few edges dropping short.

One interesting thing to note was that by dropping the infielders to deep it eradicated chipped shots by the AI!

Further more the AI genuinely struggled and scratches around on Grassy Worn Hard pitch. Patel hates it.

This is all very encouraging but my only issue and @blockerdave im coming to you for this.

Is the bounce and speed so slow and low for all pitches when the sliders are default?

Not much is getting over stump height. So gameplay wise it's bang on but visually looks like they are all medium pacers.

@Dridge118 @karolkarol

nope - the bounce and pace between soft and hard pitches is very noticeable. re-the edge dropping short - had this happen yesterday in my rebel match, moved the keeper and slips up and next one carried: just beautiful.

will try dropping the infielders deeper - have been having several cheap wickets due to the chipped shots.

i've been playing with default sliders and so far seen no reason to change them. don't know how much of my rebel thread videos you've watched but some of the dismissals have been wonderful.

tangledbrave

School Cricketer
nope - the bounce and pace between soft and hard pitches is very noticeable. re-the edge dropping short - had this happen yesterday in my rebel match, moved the keeper and slips up and next one carried: just beautiful.

will try dropping the infielders deeper - have been having several cheap wickets due to the chipped shots.

i've been playing with default sliders and so far seen no reason to change them. don't know how much of my rebel thread videos you've watched but some of the dismissals have been wonderful.
Even I'm mostly playing with default sliders. Let me know if dropping the infields deeper is resulting in less dismals of chip shot.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@wealey88 look at this:

i drop the infield and bring up the keeper/slips (you actually see them walking to position too) - 2 balls later the AI drops the ball into space and nicks a quick single.

@BigAntStudios bravo that is beautiful

Yeah top drawer mate! I'm on a hard pitch and it's hardly bouncing. Maybe because it's a worn pitch? Which would make sense and I'd be happy if that was the case. But the bounce im getting now of it was a soft pitch it would be along the deck!

I do feel sliders affect the gameplay though for the worse, do you agree?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah top drawer mate! I'm on a hard pitch and it's hardly bouncing. Maybe because it's a worn pitch? Which would make sense and I'd be happy if that was the case. But the bounce im getting now of it was a soft pitch it would be along the deck!

I do feel sliders affect the gameplay though for the worse, do you agree?

not played enough with the sliders to say for sure, but the default settings are fine for me so far - never felt anything was so wrong i needed to change it.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
not played enough with the sliders to say for sure, but the default settings are fine for me so far - never felt anything was so wrong i needed to change it.

Fair enough! I'd agree, only criticism
Is the lack of visual zip or pace from seamers. If you wake that up as an experiment your see what I mean whizzes past the bat!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ok well you probably knew this @blockerdave but a hard pristine pitch bounces more than a hard wearing pitch which to me is fantastic. Was only getting to mid stump height before now I'm getting it over the stumps with a back of a length ball.

With that being said got this beauty on default sliders with the extra bounce.

This is my first so I think default is the way forward!

Ps: I will never get bored of watching the edges on this game!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok well you probably knew this @blockerdave but a hard pristine pitch bounces more than a hard wearing pitch which to me is fantastic. Was only getting to mid stump height before now I'm getting it over the stumps with a back of a length ball.

With that being said got this beauty on default sliders with the extra bounce.

This is my first so I think default is the way forward!

Ps: I will never get bored of watching the edges on this game!!

gorgeous. absolutely flew.

yep, i think sliders have their place - if it's a flat pitch and nothing happening and a bit boring and you don't want to simulate, crank up the swing or pitch friction & turn, but otherwise so far as i can tell from my play (is there a way to see hours played on ps4?) the default gives really good gameplay.

i am loving my tour - yeah it's a bit frustrating i'm having to play them as causal matches cuz of tour lineups being buggered, and i'd love to cover/square drive... but otherwise ti's nearly perfect.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Must admit over the xmas week or so i got so lost with sliders/attributes. For the time being I'm just going to play the game. I'm feeling a Eng v SA Test match on a Grassy/Hard/Pristine track on default sliders :P I'll record only the stand out stuff :P

@wealey88 That wicket is beautiful :) Could watch them all day.

Users who are viewing this thread