Wealey's Slider Tinkering

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Playing with those sliders and at 80 max bowling pace, Toby Roland-Jones was hitting 103MPH

Hmmm, not quite realistic there. Anyone else getting that?

That's just one of the downsides of bumping the sliders up. You just kind of have to ignore the speedgun I'm afraid.

Edit: What I tend to do is just mentally take 20mph off whatever it shows and that should be about right.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Current Set Up

Pitch Marker - 10
Shot Timing - 50
Footwork - 75
Ball Influence - 90
Shot Choice - 90

Ball Speed Min - 75
Ball Speed Max - 80

People saying they don't want to lower pitch Marker or aerial marker any lower or as low as mine I don't get. Being rushed and having to really focus is great. It's as if you being rushed by a 90mph bowler. Split second reactions. Also opens up bowleds and LBW.

I nicked off 6 times in 1st innings and the 2nd innings highlights are below so far.

New ball is more dangerous as you would expect...
[/MEDIA]

Is this currently the best set up?

slowleftarmer

School Cricketer
Having read various threads on here, I've found the following sliders work well for me on Hard mode:

Shot timing difficulty - 50
Foot placement difficulty - 60
Bowl quality influence - 60
Shot choice difficulty - 90
Shot force - 15

I'm currently 100-5 playing as England in a Test chasing Australia's total of 143 all out having just lost Bairstow to a thick edge to gully. Batting controls (for someone of my limited skill level at least) seem 'tighter' but also with fewer 4s.

ROlson

Club Captain
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Having read various threads on here, I've found the following sliders work well for me on Hard mode:

Shot timing difficulty - 50
Foot placement difficulty - 60
Bowl quality influence - 60
Shot choice difficulty - 90
Shot force - 15

I'm currently 100-5 playing as England in a Test chasing Australia's total of 143 all out having just lost Bairstow to a thick edge to gully. Batting controls (for someone of my limited skill level at least) seem 'tighter' but also with fewer 4s.

Are those the only adjustments you made to the sliders? If not, I would like to know your complete set.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pace Max - 80
Pace Min - 70
Bounce - 40

I can hardly fault this build with these settings, batting and bowling. I really hope they don't change anything with the barebones and concentrate rather on bugs in the next patch. Brilliant.

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
Pace Max - 80
Pace Min - 70
Bounce - 40

I can hardly fault this build with these settings, batting and bowling. I really hope they don't change anything with the barebones and concentrate rather on bugs in the next patch. Brilliant.

Do you mind sharing what difficulty your playing on, team/player ratings, your experience in scoring both sides of the wicket? Thanks!

FunkyKP

School Cricketer
Pace Max - 80
Pace Min - 70
Bounce - 40

Yeah, I suggest to anyone who has timing issues after the latest patch to keep fiddling with the pace speeds. Find something which works for you. I am still having issues with timing any lofted strokes from cover through midwicket but it takes getting used to.

PjPage59

Club Captain
What’s the best up to date sliders to use to make the game harder? Trying to compile a comprehensive list so I can start playing the game again.

Users who are viewing this thread