Wealey's Slider Tinkering

B

Bigby Wolf

Here's my result using @WealeyH slider tweaks :
Playing a test match between India and South Africa lost Six wickets in the first session itself each run I scored was felt like a hardly earned reward.
- The Batting was a real challenge and runs were hard to come by with new ball was beaten for sheer pace and swing as well.
- There were hardly any nicks/edges with pacers especially just the last wicket of Saha was edge and caught at the 2nd slip.
- Although felt scoring runs easily of the spinners initially but then Keshav Maharaj produced a beauty to dismiss well set Kl Rahul for 41.
- Overall a very enjoyable and tough experience to play test matches.
Thanks @WealeyH for this inputs will play more to see things pans out for me using the tweaks.

Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (52).png

A video featuring 3 of the six dismissal with the Wealey's slider tweaks.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I get edges. Seem to come in clumps tho.. May just be me being rubbish. lol I'd bowl for 40-50 overs nothing then out of nowhere 2-3 nick offs in 2-3 overs :)

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I get edges while bowing to AI however dont experience the same thing while batting.
Same here, get maybe 1-2 edges while batting, but many when bowling.

anandponnath

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm getting plenty of edges on hardest batting difficulty, with the sliders at.
Timing 50
Marker 20
Foot Placement 75
Ball Quality 100
Shot Choice 100

kulch

Club Captain
I'm not getting any edges when I'm batting. I also use standard controls. I just posted 700runs in ashes with these sliders. It seems standard controls are easier so maybe ramp up the timing and bowl quality and a few other things. Also short force should be 40 Max imo

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I batted as namibia vs scotland. Batting suddenly very difficult. Had timing on 75. Took footwork down to 50. Ball quality and shot choice to 80. Edges were common including bowled of an inside edge attempting to drive a wide one. Is it a case of the good teams being overpowered thus making batting too easy?

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Well look who's back?! Oh wait, nobody cares!
So.......I'm enjoying this game (thanks big ant) but im having trouble with the bowling. I don't mean trouble as in the bowling itself, just the whole wicket taking aspect seems non eventful. I play on legend with edited sliders, and even though on legend i understand it must be challenging. I don't feel the change of tactics is what brings a wicket. I can bowl 4 good line and length deliveries, then change to a quicker ball, and thats the one that's smashed for 4. It just seems a case of plug away with whatever tactics and the wicket just comes out of the blue.
I would say the fielding needs speeding up too. I have it on semi assisted, and the ai doesn't sprint to the ball. I have never had a run out against the ai, due to the fielding being so slow. I would also say there are far, far to many direct hits on the stumps. Other than that, i enjoy this game.

P.S hello to anyone who remembers me from the "good old days".

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I'm not using wealy sliders yet, I'm using medium batting setting and pitch marker set to 100 and I'm edging the ball a lot when facing the cpu, I mean a lot.

Also when bowling to CPU sometimes I get no edges then a lot in clumps as people have said, very weird. However bowling becomes 100x more enjoyable when you start getting nicks, they're so real. I got so many nicks bowling in my 2nd Innings it was amazing, a lot of them going through gaps, or falling short was lovely! Felt like real test cricket, can't wait to do my write up!

Rohanb1

School Cricketer
Has anyone found/created a set of physics sliders they believe creates a realistic game?

I have played around considerably with the shot force and have had some good results with the setting around 10-15, a good amount of 3's run, some deep catches, mix of balls catches and balls dropping just short of ring fielders.

Share your mix!

kulch

Club Captain
I agree the short force is way to high on default, but I play Tests and reckon it needs to be adjusted for each format of the game

JButlerUK

Club Cricketer
Playing with those sliders and at 80 max bowling pace, Toby Roland-Jones was hitting 103MPH

Hmmm, not quite realistic there. Anyone else getting that?

Users who are viewing this thread