Wealey's Slider Tinkering

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
I'm like Wealey, I put the marker on about 10 because cricket is all about split second reactions and timing. I turn the bowling input HUD off also because it's much more fun actually watching and timing (and making mistakes like no-balls) than looking at a meter. Will try your settings.

s0074845

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
It may be a silly question, but these modifiers do they work the same in other difficulty levels as well like medium in terms of batting difficulty or it makes more impact on legend?

Sorry by the way I am yet to get the game due to being overseas

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
It may be a silly question, but these modifiers do they work the same in other difficulty levels as well like medium in terms of batting difficulty or it makes more impact on legend?

Sorry by the way I am yet to get the game due to being overseas
the modifiers only work when choose CUSTOM difficulty for batting/bowling (instead of the easy, medium, hard, hardest).... pro/legend etc are for AI difficulty... the only modifiers that will work for AI are the PHYSICS modifiers.

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
the modifiers only work when choose CUSTOM difficulty for batting/bowling (instead of the easy, medium, hard, hardest).... pro/legend etc are for AI difficulty... the only modifiers that will work for AI are the PHYSICS modifiers.

There's no custom option for the player to select.
It was in dbc17 but not in ashes.

In ashes u have to select ur batting/bowling difficulty level and then change the values of that particular difficulty level in batting/bowling modifier section.

If u say select easy as the difficulty and change the modifier for say hard level , then u won't get the desired results.

Over-all the implementation of the modifiers are a little tricky for a new user.

warlow66

School Cricketer
Hey guys are you batting on standard or classic, and when you bowl what difficulty levels are you using? Thanks for this

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Couldn't touch fast bowlers with these settings, too hard
Thats the point. You really have to work. I am playing with them in my career and after 11 innings I average 22 with 1 50. And boy did I celebrate that 50. Took me back to DBC 14 days.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Thats the point. You really have to work. I am playing with them in my career and after 11 innings I average 22 with 1 50. And boy did I celebrate that 50. Took me back to DBC 14 days.

I remember doing similar on 14 on hardest diff on everything no hud. The feeling getting 20 is like a 50. Pure grinding out runs. one mistake can undo alot of effort. So rewarding. Looking forward to trying these setting out once i re-download Ashes :)

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Just scored 34 runs in an over of a spinner.Only a patch can help the spinner now.
Not his fault though, was bowling quite good.

spinners are the concern. Its easier to hit the spinner over the top than it is to play along the ground I find.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
spinners are the concern. Its easier to hit the spinner over the top than it is to play along the ground I find.

Actually, in online it is not so easy to hit spinners especially when you mix the pace, length, line and type of deliveries, it gets quite tough to hit them. But I understand how against the AI, it can be a bit easy.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Actually, in online it is not so easy to hit spinners especially when you mix the pace, length, line and type of deliveries, it gets quite tough to hit them. But I understand how against the AI, it can be a bit easy.

Fair enough. I don't play online but that makes sense. AI tend to bowl 2-3 balls which are very similar so most times. Once you nail the timing it get easy to just hit over the top. DB14 was very tough to slog the spinners I remember

sheharyar

Club Cricketer

Are you getting any dismissals to edges while batting?

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Trying these setting out atm. Wow! :clap I'm 19-3 all runs off the bat coming from edges off DEFENSIVE shots <3 I'm not very good at batting but it's very enjoyable embracing the struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread