Wealey's Slider Tinkering

sheharyar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Trying these setting out atm. Wow! :clap I'm 19-3 all runs off the bat coming from edges off DEFENSIVE shots <3 I'm not very good at batting but it's very enjoyable embracing the struggle.

Yup. Even had a back foot defensive shot go to second slip.

Thanks. Seems good I will give these a shot over the weekend. I tried the modifiers earlier but I guess my ball influence modifier was bit lower.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Thats the point. You really have to work. I am playing with them in my career and after 11 innings I average 22 with 1 50. And boy did I celebrate that 50. Took me back to DBC 14 days.

I actually think he's right. Altering batting gameplay modifiers makes the ball unplayable for me. I can cream everything for 4 on hardest with everything set at 100 apart from ariel display marker. Then if i actually REDUCE the others down to say 90 or 80 the ball becomes literally impossible to hit I really think it's bugged and bugged badly unless i am missing something.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@Rhone had this same experience on Xbox One the other day. Oddly, I've now got the game on PS4 too and tested these slider settings and they did work (I still made a low score, but could at least hit the ball!).

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I actually think he's right. Altering batting gameplay modifiers makes the ball unplayable for me. I can cream everything for 4 on hardest with everything set at 100 apart from ariel display marker. Then if i actually REDUCE the others down to say 90 or 80 the ball becomes literally impossible to hit I really think it's bugged and bugged badly unless i am missing something.
Shot timing can not be too high this slider is somewhat wonky. If set too high batting is impossible

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ahhh man. These sliders are killing me :) I somehow managed to get them 268 all out. (should have been much less due to nicks behind i couldn't appeal) I'm more of a bowler than a batsman in dbc/ashes just had more reps i guess. Currently 20-1 off 15 overs hanging on for dear life at the mo :p I can barely hit it out of the inner circle, Hit one glorious square drive tho.

Bluebagger

International Coach
I tried the OP's tweaks and just knocked them down a little bit but it just made batting too much like DBC 14 which was a premeditated guessing game. So which slider would impact the reaction time, would it be pitch marker?

Hester

County Cricketer
I tried the OP's tweaks and just knocked them down a little bit but it just made batting too much like DBC 14 which was a premeditated guessing game. So which slider would impact the reaction time, would it be pitch marker?

Yes, pitch marker would impact that. However, there's no time scale for it - it's either on or off. Ball marker is able to be altered but that's a different thing.

Hester

County Cricketer
Ahhh man. These sliders are killing me :) I somehow managed to get them 268 all out. (should have been much less due to nicks behind i couldn't appeal) I'm more of a bowler than a batsman in dbc/ashes just had more reps i guess. Currently 20-1 off 15 overs hanging on for dear life at the mo :p I can barely hit it out of the inner circle, Hit one glorious square drive tho.

Wait...you can't appeal for nicks behind either? I thought it was just me as not one person has replied to my thread about it haha. I'm guessing it's a known bug already?

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thank you for the settings @WealeyH
So I tried them

- 56-3 after 22 Overs RR 2.60 my run rate is normally above 4 so this is massive plus.
- All wickets were bowled there were a lot of swing and misses but no edge at all.
- Runs came by driving the ball in gaps which was rewarding.
- Bowled were mostly due to late reaction time.
- I am not 100% sold if the settings are influencing edges may be edges are only produced on defensive shots and I don't play defensive I drive rather than blocking.

I normally play with timing difficulty as high as 80 so timing is not a problem for me ball marker time is problematic but I am sticking to 10.

Suggestions and feedback would be great.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thank you for the settings @WealeyH
So I tried them

- 56-3 after 22 Overs RR 2.60 my run rate is normally above 4 so this is massive plus.
- All wickets were bowled there were a lot of swing and misses but no edge at all.
- Runs came by driving the ball in gaps which was rewarding.
- Bowled were mostly due to late reaction time.
- I am not 100% sold if the settings are influencing edges may be edges are only produced on defensive shots and I don't play defensive I drive rather than blocking.

I normally play with timing difficulty as high as 80 so timing is not a problem for me ball marker time is problematic but I am sticking to 10.

Suggestions and feedback would be great.

Your experience is consistent with mine. I was dismissed bowled or LBW owing to being late on deliveries and didn't edge much.

And as you mention it could very well be due to our batting style as I never defend either (R2 trigger pressed). I either leave the delivery or play standard/normal shot (with no triggers pressed) and if I have to go aerial I play the aggressive lofted variant (L2 pressed) but I don't think I use R2 or defensive trigger at all.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I know it's kinda off topic here but as you guys are playing longer format too. Just wondering if you've noticed the same as me. Granted i'm only in my first test match currently in day 3. Pitch progression... I played through in one go without exiting the game 4 sessions. when i returned all of a sudden after lunch on day 2 a square warn patch appeared at one end of the pitch on about good length more to the shorter side of good. then noticed the same thing happen mid morning session on day 3 at opposite end. How are you guys finding the pitch progression/deterioration as matches go on?

Users who are viewing this thread