Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bowling on such a dead wicket at the moment... ramped up spin turn and pitch friction just to get something.

Definitely a visual effects but not much help bowling wise.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
As much as some people do like an AI vs AI thing (possibly to run in the background and watch while they do other things), I have to agree that the most wanted outcome is for better Human v AI & Human V Human.

There's some great effort going in here from some of these guys to do some balancing, but wouldn't want it to get too muddled. I look at post 1 for slider ideas myself and was a bit concerned that the idea seems to be to have a setting at the start that applies to starting conditions and to alter them throughout a match. I appreciate it might yield more accurate results, but I kind of feel like I'm cheating, changing stuff as the match wears on. Just my thoughts, but some brilliant effort going on all the same.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There is little point to having AI play AI for the purposes intended here as the results will not be relative to human v AI nor human v human.

Yes I love to watch cricket in the background when I am working but I appreciate that isn't what the game is intended for and cannot be expected to sim it realistically.

However I do think in the career mode it is something that matters? One spends a lot of time at the non strikers end watching AI vs AI or in the field, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1482742975][/DOUBLEPOST]I am playing a human v AI game, SA v Oman.

SA are currently 277-2 from 43, so going some way to hammering Oman, which would be good.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I had another positive game, I think Oman hit a few too many, but a margin of 100 runs in 50 overs for a victory is realistic for associate v test playing country, and the pitch was totally dead, and it felt dead as well. Only Wiese really found some edges with the ball.

The only negative bad point I would like to add is the lack of AI playing lofted straight drives. Lofted shots generally appear to be those ugly cuts and flicks off legs, as well as the odd pull.

The Omani keeper, S.Ahmed was very, very cautious at the start, and thankfully when I looked his mentality is conservative as expected.

I am done with testing this game I think. Time to actually enjoy what it has to offer.

15676168_10207501076477660_1958630167585886561_o.jpg

15732120_10207501073277580_5350593259217716242_o.jpg

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just completed the 1st innings of my test will upload videos when i have at least 2 innings done no point in uploading 1 video at a time. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. Also i don't know if I'm testing correctly, As in other mental attributes could/should be used as well. I'm not sure I'm getting confused with everything. As I'm thinking what I'm seeing is not down to batting attributes like play and misses could just be down to judgement stat. I shall see when i complete the 2nd innings of the match. I feel im looking too much into it and seeing what i think should be happening. Anyway i'll keep chugging along :)

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As much as some people do like an AI vs AI thing (possibly to run in the background and watch while they do other things), I have to agree that the most wanted outcome is for better Human v AI & Human V Human.

There's some great effort going in here from some of these guys to do some balancing, but wouldn't want it to get too muddled. I look at post 1 for slider ideas myself and was a bit concerned that the idea seems to be to have a setting at the start that applies to starting conditions and to alter them throughout a match. I appreciate it might yield more accurate results, but I kind of feel like I'm cheating, changing stuff as the match wears on. Just my thoughts, but some brilliant effort going on all the same.

I totally agree. The data is all there so it really should be simple for pitches to change automatically depending on pitch type. The sliders are great and adds to the game but I don't think I would like to play around with the sliders every single game to get realistic results.

County cricketer

School Cricketer
This game is beginning to remind me of (and I hate to say this but) no mans sky, simply because it isn't finished. It has been ruined by the fact that the imported logos look like a blurry mess and the graphics even for a game company with a low (apparently very low budget) look pretty poor. I'm not one of those people who just hate the game. To be honest I'm sort of enjoying it, however immersion is destroyed by the stupid fuzzy logos

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This game is beginning to remind me of (and I hate to say this but) no mans sky, simply because it isn't finished. It has been ruined by the fact that the imported logos look like a blurry mess and the graphics even for a game company with a low (apparently very low budget) look pretty poor. I'm not one of those people who just hate the game. To be honest I'm sort of enjoying it, however immersion is destroyed by the stupid fuzzy logos

Please for the love of Mike Fegan don't post in this thread about your opinion of the game. There's other threads where it is relevant.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I'm trying a not so scientific team set up... Probably looking back at this post I'll realize my stupidity. :) What I'm trying is.

A team with all players with max Batting technique attributes with zero shot type attributes v A team with max Shot Type attributes with zero batting technique.

Both teams all players have:
  • 100 cardio / the rest are 0
  • Batting = Precise
  • Bowling = Precise
  • All bowling attributes are 50
  • All fielding stats for all players is 50
  • 1 RF 1 LF 1OS 1WS
  • Default game-play sliders
  • Easy Bowling Difficulty
  • Veteran AI Difficulty
The overall team ratings were different both fielding and bowling overalls were the same only batting were different.
  • Shot types maxed overall rating = 73 / Batting rating = 77
  • Tech maxed team overall rating = 67 / Batting Rating = 59
I only bowl in the match for both teams.

Quote above is what I'm trying here, has been edited so is upto date.

Innings 1 Tech maxed

So far in 2nd Innings / Shot types maxed

First innings was eventful: (Tech Maxed)
  • Shots looked 'floaty' and not executed well (As you would kind of expect)
  • Fair amount of plays and misses.
  • Quite a few edges
  • Couldn't pierce the field well.
  • Always felt I could get a wicket
  • More mistakes

2nd Innings: (Shot Types Maxed)
  • Early on a lot of LT + RT shots played
  • Ball coming off the bat harder
  • Much safer shots being played
  • Picking the gaps in the field very well (lots of 1's/2's)
  • Chance less opening 50 partnership
  • First play and miss was at 87-0 about 20 overs in
  • Much better shot execution (As you would expect)
  • Never felt like getting them out.
  • Would go aerial where the gaps were
So far my overall feeling is shot type stats seem more important than batting technique. I could be wrong I'll have to play more with these teams. As mentioned above in my last post I'm not sure if i am testing correctly with mental stats at 0 only cardio is 100. Obviously i will need to play many games of this to see any kind of pattern. I feel I'm looking too much into it and seeing what i think should be happening. Anyway these are my first thoughts and welcome any suggestions/questions anyone may have. Right now I'm very tired so I'm very sorry if none of this makes sense.

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Ok. I've decided to use sliders rather than custom difficulty settings

Could somebody please give a brief overview of what each slider does and how it affects gameplay, some are self explanatory but some I'm not sure on and how they will affect gameplay etc

Thanks in advance

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Sliders are used in CUSTOM difficulties.... to use the sliders you must pick CUSTOM batting/bowling --- only the physics sliders are active all the time and can be changed at any time and are effective immediately, batting/bowling sliders only work when picking CUSTOM.

Users who are viewing this thread