Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

D

Deleted member 46200

Im going to produce some results of some testing which I think confirms that attributes dont make any difference at all, which I dont think is acceptable in a sports game in 2017 (or 2016!) Particularly when the academy is such an important part of the game and people are spending hundreds of hours tweaking their teams to perfection.

I hope to do it in a professional and scientific way and I hope BA take it in the spirit it is intended, but Im pretty dismayed by what I am seeing this morning.

Any criticism will be dealt with. Your attitude is being... Ignored! I know what you mean, constructive and honest.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't want to hijack this thread, but regarding the attributes, I have ran an AI demo test match between two custom teams, one with 90 overall, the other with 0 on everything. The pitch is hard with some cracks and weather sunny.

I have ran the first innings and the good team have declared on 581/5 after winning the toss.

The dummy team were all out for 169 and are now following on.

Main things I have noticed:

-The differences in bowling quality are more noticeable than batting though there are still some differences.
- Some of the wickets of the dummy team came from edging good balls
-Both teams love getting out hitting balls to square leg
-Differences in running ability and judgment are evident as dummy team had two bad run outs
-Mentality looks like it has some impact and will investigate further

Merry xmas all!

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I don't want to hijack this thread, but regarding the attributes, I have ran an AI demo test match between two custom teams, one with 90 overall, the other with 0 on everything. The pitch is hard with some cracks and weather sunny.

I have ran the first innings and the good team have declared on 581/5 after winning the toss.

-The differences in bowling quality are more noticeable than batting though there are still some differences.
-Differences in running ability and judgment are evident as dummy team had two bad run outs

Merry xmas all!

Great work mate! Appreciate the effort!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Already said it , will say it again..This is the best thread by far and this is the first thread I open after logging in..

Merry Christmas to all..Let the experiments continue after the celebrations...:D

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I'm trying a not so scientific team set up... Probably looking back at this post I'll realize my stupidity. :) What I'm trying is.

A team with all players with max Batting technique attributes with zero shot type attributes v A team with max Shot Type attributes with zero batting technique.

Both teams all players have:
  • 100 cardio / the rest are 0
  • Batting = Precise
  • Bowling = Precise
  • All bowling attributes are 50 + fielding
  • 1 RF 1 LF 1OS 1WS
  • Default game-play sliders
The overall team ratings were different both fielding and bowling overalls were the same only batting were different.

Edit* Below is the team overall rating not just the batting one.
  • Shot types maxed = 73
  • Tech maxed team = 67
I only bowl in the match for both teams.
So far from the short time I've played a test match (Only 20 overs each 1st innings) Batting technique maxed is batting 1st. There seems to be more plays and misses also between bat and pad and shots seemed 'floaty' off the bat at times for simple catches at point. Had them 60-5. Simmed the rest of the innings 146.

In the innings for the shot types maxed, I noticed shots seemed much more 'driven' some plays and misses not as many as other inning. After 20 overs they were 70-0. Simmed they finished on 396-3dec.
I know simming probably isnt a scientific way of doing it i was just tired but i will start a new test and bowl every ball in the test match in the next few days.

If this is in the wrong thread please let me know. Thank you & Merry Christmas & Merry Sunday :)

Last edited:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looking at this thread, it truly is a Merry Christmas for Big Ant. Heck of a game (still waiting for PC Version for first hand experience)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is there anything you guys want me to test? @Langeveldt @wealey88

Yes, AI vs AI, an associate team v a test team in a test match please.

I would like to watch AI vs AI, but I have been unconvinced it produces realistic results.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors

Merry xmas all!

Not at all, this is really helpful. I don't think a team with 0 skills should be making 169 but it's nice to know there is a difference in AI vs AI as well. Can you let me know what you learn about mentality?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm doing a play test AI vs AI with all the top 6 SA batsmen having the same skills (50) for batting and mental/physical except judgement which is either 100 or 0. Will be interesting to see the results...

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Also had this nice run out earlier when I was playing (The AI is running).

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I'm beginning to think it is useless doing AI vs AI in this game at the moment due to the fact that so much rubbish gets bowled.

Thommo333

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Test Match
Oman vs South Africa (AI vs AI)

Ground: WACA (hard, dry and wearing)

No slider changes

Oman 1st innings

Oman were struggling early at 4-16 with Duminy taking 3 catches around point. Then there was a solid partnership of 33 between Sundar and Kishan before Sundar misreads the ball and gets bowled by Morkel. Then there were another 3 wickets that happened reasonably quickly where the batsman either goes big but doesn't get enough power behind it or they miss hit a big shot. The last wicket partnership lasted 45 runs before Ansari tries to block a good length ball but edges it straight to de Kock. What I got out of the innings is that 4 of the catches went to Duminy who was fielding at point. There was also no leaves from the batsman. As we already know the batsman tried to score 4s off the last ball of the over a lot and the bat pad still stands still and gets hit when the ball is smacked at him.
Don Bradman Cricket 17_20161226073935.jpg
Don Bradman Cricket 17_20161226073954.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread