Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Guess you would turn spin up as well! Let me know how it goes!!

I'm waiting to bring on a spinner. I'm just about to and see how it is on default then go from there as the pitch settings are to huge influence.

Edit* 1st bowl from Tahir pitched leg hitting outside half of off stump... Add more?

Edit** I've gone from default (33) - 75 nothing really that noticeable other then it puts much more spin on the delivery but actual turn isn't that noticeable maybe half a ball width if that.

Edit*** sorry forgot the pitch friction up :facepalm turning square now :)
Friction 80
Spin Turn 70

Pitching just down leg and going past 5th stump offside ;)

Last edited:
I'm waiting to bring on a spinner. I'm just about to and see how it is on default then go from there as the pitch settings are to huge influence.

Edit* 1st bowl from Tahir pitched leg hitting outside half of off stump... Add more?

Edit** I've gone from default (33) - 75 nothing really that noticeable other then it puts much more spin on the delivery but actual turn isn't that noticeable maybe half a ball width if that.

Edit*** sorry forgot the pitch friction up :facepalm turning square now :)
Friction 80
Spin Turn 70

Pitching just down leg and going past 5th stump offside ;)

Just to add to the attribute discussion @Langeveldt started a test Australia v Zimbabwe. Made all there top 5 less than 10 for all batting attributes.

1st innings had them 44-5 then simulated

2nd innings had them 68-4

This is on veteran WITH slider changes.

They looked clueless. A lot of edes going for boundaries 1 went to keeper. Some very rushed shots finding the hands of keepers. Was playing the spinner horrifically!!

Just to add to the attribute discussion @Langeveldt started a test Australia v Zimbabwe. Made all there top 5 less than 10 for all batting attributes.

1st innings had them 44-5 then simulated

2nd innings had them 68-4

This is on veteran WITH slider changes.

They looked clueless. A lot of edes going for boundaries 1 went to keeper. Some very rushed shots finding the hands of keepers. Was playing the spinner horrifically!!

So how did you manage to make Pakistan's two skill less openers hit 40*? What has changed?

I would be 100% satisfied if we can test to see if each individual attribute matters. If that's the case I think I'll cry. @wealey88 what you doing play DB on Christmas Eve?

I would be 100% satisfied if we can test to see if each individual attribute matters. If that's the case I think I'll cry. @wealey88 what you doing play DB on Christmas Eve?

I'm off now, had a quick hour after last min shopping!![DOUBLEPOST=1482609895][/DOUBLEPOST]
So how did you manage to make Pakistan's two skill less openers hit 40*? What has changed?

Honestly? I hadn't lowered the shot type skills. Which accidebtky may be the main bit.

I had a good game of cricket today, lot's of positive things.
Bowling as both teams, no slider changes, Pro game mode, Easy bowling. Clearly attributes matter and I am not sure what conditions we had that caused them not to. The pitch was dusty and turned square, providing little for the pace bowlers and providing a totally different bowling experience to the green tops I normally play on. There was some different mentality stuff going on although I haven't really nailed as to why they go for big shots sometimes and not other times. Maybe it is to do with gaps in the field. I don't know if Kishan and Mustafa of Oman are aggressive in the Academy but they sure batted more aggresively.

Only a couple of negatives

- The late cut to yorkers and even balls outside leg stump has to go.
- A few too many lobbed catches, particularly to square leg. This seems to bring the high class batsman down to earth a bit too often when they should be scoring more runs.
- Night looks amazing, but the light seems to suddenly change at the end of an over. there is no beautiful transition like there was in DBC14.
- Not enough leaves. Granted it is an ODI, but there are hardly any leaves from the AI in tests either.

I would test each individual attribute but life is too short. I wish Big Ant could give us some clues as to what everything actually does, and whether it really does what it says on the tin, but I guess that would be giving too much away. I had a PM from Matt who helpfully told me some things about mentality.

15626304_10207489027056432_2434900021257298023_o.jpg

15591502_10207489111818551_170931004974381587_o.jpg

Last edited:
I think more testing is necessary and it may have something to do with the modifiers changing how the AI is represented.

Ill continue playing on default and see what happens. Maybe you could beef the mentalities up a bit more to make brutes and blockers more important in the game, but bowling is really good fun as you will doubtless see from this thread.

There's been full QA on this game for the entire process - as said above, we have the added issues of not being able to test the user generated content because it didn't exist prior to launch.

Of course we will strive to do better, I am sure the QA on the game are SUPER EMBARRASSED about each and every crash, not least of which because they're in the Credits for all to see, they do take their jobs seriously.

Adding the elements of the Academy is no easy feat, we are probably the most user generated content sports game in history and therefore prone to the most unexpected ranges of data, when you multiply the combinations of data there are literally billions of combinations.

There's been full QA on this game for the entire process - as said above, we have the added issues of not being able to test the user generated content because it didn't exist prior to launch.

Of course we will strive to do better, I am sure the QA on the game are SUPER EMBARRASSED about each and every crash, not least of which because they're in the Credits for all to see, they do take their jobs seriously.

Adding the elements of the Academy is no easy feat, we are probably the most user generated content sports game in history and therefore prone to the most unexpected ranges of data, when you multiply the combinations of data there are literally billions of combinations.

Ross, it's Xmas eve go put ur feet up! After Christmas is there anything you could show us that would tell us what attributes make a good-poor-useless batsmen?

Or what increases chances of missing/edging it?

It's not major I just guess when skilling my players I'm just guessing really.

If that makes sense

@Langeveldt I do get leaves in test matches in the right channel but the AI seem to do the wrong type of leave and move in the the ball and block it. I also get a strange stutter after release of the ball sometimes and it's when the batsmen moves well inside the ball (knowing it would be bouncing/past the stumps between them and offstump)

Also I'm guessing here but with the shot type attributes, i guess its the % of mistake chance maybe/ how well they play it. i.e broad would be low on almost all of it as he's a cat on a hot tin roof.

Dude it is Christmas day, go to the beach and fry up some shrimps.

Have you noticed much between pro n veteran?

I only play pro. To be honest I am 100% happy with everything other than a few too many lobbed up catches (ill restart the over) and not quite knowing what the mentalities do. No point in changing anything for me.

Guess you're still ignoring me but it's that 'guy'. Nevermind, general consensus is this game is good but can do better. Coming from DBC 14 a lot of people considered BA to go on from there not re invent the wheel when they already had a super one. Let's face it DBC 14 was (is) a great game the general feeling on these forums would have been DBC 14 with all the wrinkles ironed out plus the current academy and graphics (nothing wrong with the graphics this isn't EA sports (grow up kids)).

Never meant to question your cricketing machismo! Love peas and vegetable rights.

@wealey88 I'm going to try and look into the batting attributes thing aswell as i'm nott hat great with sliders tbh :) Now making a team with maxed out batting techs (footwork/control...) with nothing else. v a team with maxed shot types. it may not be the best way to look at it but it least ill have a look :)

@BigAntStudios Thank you ross, You too and everyone at BA have a great day and also New year ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread