Welcoming the new Community Manager for Mindstorm Studios

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
As the title says, this thread is to introduce and welcome Mindstorm Studios' new Community Manager Rafey Majeed who will be available to answer eager fans' questions and address any thoughts and concerns the members of Planet Cricket might have regarding Cricket Revolution.

So please join me in giving Rafey a warm PC welcome and post your questions in this thread. :)

I think the question everyone has is: how far is the game in development?

Why has the game taken so long to develop? It was scheduled for a August 2008 release, and a year on, we still have no solid information about the game apart from what was release last year.

1. When can we expect a demo?

2. When can we expect the game to be released?

3. Why has there been such a lack of updates?

4. Do you feel this game will be a good contender against the new Ashes Cricket 09? Do you think it will be able to compete with it in terms of graphics, animations and AI?

Last edited:
Thanks for this! I am certainly more excited for this then Ashes Cricket 09
When's it going to be released, we are very eager.:)

All we need is the release date and the price. thanks

sys requirements AND release date please.

what about system requirements

i have 1 gb ram

2.66 ghz processor

& nvidia gfx 5500

will the game game run on system

Why do you think people will buy your product after all the delays? Now that Ashes Cricket 2009 is on the market, why should we consider your game?

Hello people, here are answers to most of the questions asked in this thread and in the follow-up thread. I've grouped similar questions together.

Skater said:
I think the question everyone has is: how far is the game in development?
II_BiGHitteR_II said:
When can we expect the game to be released?
MasterBlaster09 said:
Thanks for this! I am certainly more excited for this then Ashes Cricket 09
When's it going to be released, we are very eager.
jan52 said:
All we need is the release date and the price. thanks
ajnabee said:
Release date please
udmein said:
When is the game coming?
The development process itself has been completed and all the tools and features are in place. Our official website has been updated with a plethora of information to answer all your questions about gameplay and our online features.

The release date and price will be revealed shortly. Keep checking back on our website for all such updates.

II_BiGHitteR_II said:
Why has the game taken so long to develop? It was scheduled for a August 2008 release, and a year on, we still have no solid information about the game apart from what was release last year.
chaitanyaraghav said:
What is that delayed the release of the game?
Are you dissatisfied with the final product and are improving it?

Thanks for the chance!
coolz_hari said:
1.The is supposed to come in 2008. What went wrong ?Is it because of new features or any licencing issues?
You're right about the features. All along the development process, we decided to add new features whenever we felt there was a need to do so in order to further improve gameplay. Another reason for the delay is that we are self-publishing the game as an independent developer. What this means is that we had a lot more to look after besides just game development.

II_BiGHitteR_II said:
1. When can we expect a demo?
We won't be releasing a playable demo. We do however have in-game videos and media detailing the game on our website.

baba08 said:
when can we expect to play this game this year or next year
This year for sure! In fact, very soon; details of our upcoming launch date will be revealed on our website

II_BiGHitteR_II said:
4. Do you feel this game will be a good contender against the new Ashes Cricket 09? Do you think it will be able to compete with it in terms of graphics, animations and AI?
coolz_hari said:
2. We all know a few new cricket games are coming . How can your game is different from others?
Hmarka said:
Why do you think people will buy your product after all the delays? Now that Ashes Cricket 2009 is on the market, why should we consider your game?
Ashes Cricket 2009 looks great and we're sure will be a great game. Cricket Revolution, however, offers a completely different experience in every aspect and is a new cricket engine written from ground up. In fact, Cricket Revolution (CR) will sport the first totally new multiplayer cricket engine to hit the cricket games market for years. Our game look and feel is unique and looks nothing like Ashes 2009 or EA cricket for that matter. We certainly believe it will be enjoyable for everyone, but that's for you to decide :)

blazerix said:
sys requirements AND release date please.
mclaren007 said:
what about system requirements

i have 1 gb ram

2.66 ghz processor

& nvidia gfx 5500

will the game game run on system
blazerix said:
What are the system requirements, will it run on low-end graphic cards?
player786 said:
like the prev poster said what are the PC req's?
It will certainly be playable on low-end cards. Expect the requirements to be lower than the industry standard in this genre of games. You can find our minimum and recommended system requirements in our Player Guide available on our site.

Should run on your pc mclaren007 :)

Hzdar1 said:
Ask them that is the Free Hit rule is also included
It's not.

Skater said:
I believe you are a Pakistani developer. How are you releasing the game? Are you releasing it to stores worldwide or can people download it from the internet?

The focus is on online play. Is there a single player option? How much effort has been put into the gameplay if this is the case?
CR will only be available for download via Steam at first. Moving onwards though, we plan on implementing other distribution schemes as well.

We have worked quite extensively on the single player mode. First of all, there is net practice, where you can practice and perfect your skills. Secondly, you can play against the varying difficulties of AI in three different formats: a single match, tournament or league. All these modes and more are covered in our Player Guide.

woahhh!

Brilliant news there. Thanks a lot for that. Also had a look around the website and flicked through the player guide - looking like its gonna be one helluva game.

Just one thing - i notice that for batting there are 34 different shots and each one has its own unique key combination. Isn't it a bit difficult to memorise all these combinations and execute them properly in game? Do you feel it is easy to get used to?

woahhh!

Brilliant news there. Thanks a lot for that. Also had a look around the website and flicked through the player guide - looking like its gonna be one helluva game.

Just one thing - i notice that for batting there are 34 different shots and each one has its own unique key combination. Isn't it a bit difficult to memorise all these combinations and execute them properly in game? Do you feel it is easy to get used to?
It's fairly easy to get used to them. The controls depict the direction of the shot and for every direction, there are several categories of shots you can play. Example: while there are 4 kinds of shots you can play to hit the ball in the covers, the down+left key combo is used in each one of them and just the third key differs. So for a lofted shot, you hit shift+down+left; for a slog shot, you hit alt+down+left; for an aggressive ground stroke, you just hit down+left.

Welcome Rafey and thanks for taking your time to answer the questions. If the games lives up to what it declares of itself on the website it is sure to be a great success and you can count on my support and hard earned dosh (well I dont work tha hard for it if truth be known, but still:D) Would you be able to elaborate a bit more on whether this purely meant as a multiplayer experience or is their a satisifying offline game as well?

Thanks for your time,

Dutchad

Users who are viewing this thread