West Indies in Zimbabwe/South Africa

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He is one of the best batsmen that the West Indies posess. Technically superb with an excellent temperament, he is an ideal Test batsmen. Just a shame he hasn't been able to convert his domestic success to the highest level, as he seems perfectly suited to the longer format of the game. He has been included in the ODI squad, but I'm really hoping he doesn't play any games.

Shivnarine Chanderpaul is the best option to partner Gayle opening the batting in ODI cricket. Nobody else has the class, ability or record to do it. Simmons, Smith, Ganga are all poor limited overs batsmen and ideally shouldn't find themselves anywhere near a full strength West Indies ODI side at the moment. I would have also liked to see Kieron Pollard get some exposure, but I suppose he needs to get more cricket under his belt.

How on eath Dave Mohammed or Omari Banks weren't selected ahead of Rawl Lewis is absolutely beyond me. They both have superb records and are handy lower order batsmen too.

yea Banks did good in the KFC cup, he got wickets and runs and on any day is a better choice than Lewis. Mohammed was hurt for the KFC cup and he might still be injured not sure tho.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
I read yesterday that it might happen Zimbabwe - West Indies matches won't be televised. Are they being televised somewhere? If yes, where? Maybe I have the channel :)

Perm

School Cricketer
Zimbabwe doing very well, they finished up with 274/8 and currently have the West Indies reeling at 84/3.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
blow, got powned. all credit to Zimbabwe they played better cricket all around. Chibhabha played great 73 runs and 2 wickets (they were expensive but cruical ones) got Bravo for a duck and a well set Morton. The selection of Lewis backfired big time he was the worst choice ever. Gayle and Bravo failed big time, once again Chanderpaul shows his class and what hes worth to this team and Morton played good too but everybody else failed.

id like to see Sammy instead of Rampaul or Lewis, preferably Lewis and why Edwards is not playing is beyond me.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
a 127 at a strike rate of 92 hardly looks selfish, he had too score runs and stop a colapse and if it wasnt for Morton giving him some support windies would have lost by more than 30 runs.

International Coach
a 127 at a strike rate of 92 hardly looks selfish, he had too score runs and stop a colapse and if it wasnt for Morton giving him some support windies would have lost by more than 30 runs.

stats dont always tell the whole story,he played for his 100 when he should have been accelerating.

dikon

Club Cricketer
stats dont always tell the whole story,he played for his 100 when he should have been accelerating.

I doubt any player in International cricket in a run chase will play for the hundred if the game is still alive.What you said is nonsense.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Wow good win for Zimbabwe, now is the time to improve ranking.

irottev

School Cricketer
I agree, didn't see the game, but Chanderpaul's innings seems anything but selfish. He batted through the innings. He maintained a great strikerate. Someone at the other end needed to be getting some runs quickly as well. Samuels was too slow, Morton a little on the slow side. WI don't have any good hitters late in the innings. They need a big hitter down there.

Sad to see West Indies lose, but it is good to see Zimbabwe carrying on their decent form. They've played well as of late.

Users who are viewing this thread