West Indies tour of Australia, November-December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
We will win at Adelaide because quite simply we can score 500. Perth will be alright if they make it quick and bouncy. Edwards vs Ponting on a quick and bouncy pitch :). This will be a decent series I reckon.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Who's to say Clark can come back as the same bowler he was before getting injured.

I think this series will be more evenly contested then the Pak-Aus series later on during the year. And I really hope the West Indies play to thier full pontential.

1.Barath
2.Gayle
3.Sarwan
4.Nash
5.Chanderpaul
6.Bravo
7.Ramdin
8.Taylor
9.Benn
10.Edwards
11.Roach

That team looks fairly solid. Three quick bowlers, a decent left-arm spinner. And a very cunning medium pacer in Bravo.

P

pcfan123

^ I doubt the WICB will give Roach a go, even with his amazing performance recently. They are too committed to Baker.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
^ I doubt the WICB will give Roach a go, even with his amazing performance recently. They are too committed to Baker.

Didn't they drop Baker for Rampaul for this series?

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Well Aussies will have to take out the anger of loosing Ashes and then ODI series to India.

Well we don't have an ICC World XI to use as whipping boys this time round. LOL. But seriously I hope it's the Windies top side cuz I wanna see a contest.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
AUS ging to play 3 test with WI :facepalm.... :doh :doh :doh

diaskasun added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Well we don't have an ICC World XI to use as whipping boys this time round. LOL. But seriously I hope it's the Windies top side cuz I wanna see a contest.

forget about it mate even if it is windies top side youl not get a contest.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
3 Tests in Australia for West Indies.

Thu Nov 26 - Mon Nov 30
10:00 local | 00:00 GMT 1st Test - Australia v West Indies
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane
ci_liveimg.gif

Fri Dec 4 - Tue Dec 8
10:00 local | 23:30 GMT 2nd Test - Australia v West Indies
Adelaide Oval
ci_liveimg.gif

Wed Dec 16 - Sun Dec 20
10:30 local | 02:30 GMT 3rd Test - Australia v West Indies
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth
ci_liveimg.gif

Just adding the rest of the matches on tour.
18-21 Feb vs. Queensland Allan Border Field, Brisbane

07 Feb 1st ODI Melbourne (D/N)
09 Feb 2nd ODI Adeliade (D/N)
12 Feb 3rd ODI Sydney (D/N)
14 Feb 4th ODI Brisbane (D/N)
19 Feb 5th ODI Melbourne (D/N)

23 Feb Only T20I Sydney (Night)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
AUS ging to play 3 test with WI :facepalm.... :doh :doh :doh

Huh, why's that. If the West Indies send there top team over I'd back them to win one test (Probably asking a bit much though). Although if they sent over that C team it would be the biggest joke ever. I very much doubt they'll do that though.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
We will win at Adelaide because quite simply we can score 500. Perth will be alright if they make it quick and bouncy. Edwards vs Ponting on a quick and bouncy pitch :). This will be a decent series I reckon.

mate we are not in 80's anymore. pitch or no pitch its going to be 3-0 aus and all the matches will end in 3 days.. well if aus wants to set new world record scores it might go up to 5days

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
mate we are not in 80's anymore. pitch or no pitch its going to be 3-0 aus and all the matches will end in 3 days.. well if aus wants to set new world record scores it might go up to 5days

Your joking right?

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Huh, why's that. If the West Indies send there top team over I'd back them to win one test (Probably asking a bit much though). Although if they sent over that C team it would be the biggest joke ever. I very much doubt they'll do that though.

oh come on howsie, you know better then that!!! even if they sent there best team, we are talking about WI .... and 80s have long gone

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
oh come on howsie, you know better then that!!! even if they sent there best team, we are talking about WI .... and 80s have long gone

The West Indies are capable of pulling out fantastic games once and a while. Look what happened in the 1st test against England. They also won a test match against South Africa in SA a couple of years ago. I wouldn't write them off.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
The West Indies are capable of pulling out fantastic games once and a while. Look what happened in the 1st test against England. They also won a test match against South Africa in SA a couple of years ago. I wouldn't write them off.

buddy, you must be a big fan of windis, i was too, til they took this wonderful game; that millions of people love and play from their hearts for a joke... i say its 3-0 aus easlly .. i am really looking farward to see aus's taking on NZ... now that will be intresting :banana2

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
buddy, you must be a big fan of windis, i was too, til they took this wonderful game; that millions of people love and play from their hearts for a joke... i say its 3-0 aus easlly .. i am really looking farward to see aus's taking on NZ... now that will be intresting :banana2

I am actually. I really enjoy watching them play. With players like Chanderpaul, Bravo, Gayle, Taylor and Edwards no team should write them off as easy beats. A devastating spell of bowling from a Edwards or Taylor and the Windies could very well when a test.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol, no chance mate.

Australia are going to be ruthless a la after the '05 defeat and smash the weed toking Windies.

(Hopefully, but due to our selectors I am doubting it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread