West Indies tour of Australia, November-December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I cant see games going beyond 3 days unless Ponting and Hussey want to make 300 runs.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Lee will probably be back, and with Siddle and Johnson it will be tough for even a full strength WI squad. WI did well against Australia when they came to the Caribbean (at least in tests). It would be great to see Edwards have a go at some of the Aussie batsman.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Phil Hughes won't be playing for Edwards bouncers.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I cant see games going beyond 3 days unless Ponting and Hussey want to make 300 runs.
Hussey should be dropped after this summer, or pushed to retire. Unless he goes back to Superhussey.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Given Hayden went supercrazy after nearly being dropped in 05, Hussey will probably follow suit. If WI don't get their players thing sorted then Hussey will have an easy ride feasting on B grade cricketers.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Oooh don't call them B grade cricketers with zMario and Howsie around. :D

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well I've been calling their current squad C grade for the last two months :D I think he was meaning this squad at the moment though, not their best team.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
I'm lolling at the handful of games the new Windies captain has played. Windies will be humiliated
Posted via Mobile Device

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
well the team still hasnt been announced for this tour so it might be Gayle and if its not him then it should be Bravo.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
So can I get confirmation, will this be West Indies strongest team or the 1232315th XI?

too early to tell. The players were given a ultimatum, they have to be available for the domestic one day tournament in order to be selected for the tour of Australia. And they still haven't done that.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Well I have heard that if they don't send their best team the tour will be cancelled and they'll be replaced by Sri Lanka.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
The West Indies are far from crap Hoops. They might not be the most consistant team going around, but they have some very talented players.

Edwards
Taylor
Roach

That fast bowling attack could quite easily match the aussie's attack.

Lol,

Taylor, Edwards, Roach vs Lee, Clark, Johnson (not the Johnson of this series)

No chance in hell.

As I said, they are crap. Bar the world class players such as Gayle, Chanderpaul and you could chuck in Sarwan and Bravo, the team is pretty ordinary. You wouldn't expect them to challenge Australia to much when they tour here.

Edwards and Roach 150+ and Taylor 140-145, looking good yet?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread