Your Cricket What cricket bat do you use?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was thinking of getting a Genesis or a Beast a couple of years ago as a new bat. I told the assistant I liked light bats and then he asked the brands I liked and I then said Kookaburra. I didn't get a Kookaburra, they are a lot heavier then Slazenger for example which was the bat I ended up getting.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Saw someone playing with a mongoose the other week, told me he trialled it last year. It was tiny! He really struggled to play himself in but after about 20 balls he was smashing it everywhere, our only batsmen who could really get it off the cut bit!

Niv

Club Cricketer
My Powerbow's approaching it's 3rd season, still in very good nick.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Thanks for the advice. In the comments, one person said it works, 2 said they don't know how to do it. Have you tried a second time?

Ok, I was doing it wrong.
You need to have the bag open inside the grip so the bottom of the bag covers the top of the handle.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Howdy folks!

Having been a loyal Slazenger customer for 8 years. I have now moved over to the Gunn & Moore brand. I'm currently using a GM Icon, and loving it. It has a high swell on it, which typically isn't ideal for slow and low English pitches. However, it suits my style of play pretty well.

If you're a strong back foot/behind square player, I recommend this bat.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone else got a Kookaburra Beast? One of my teammates borrowed it to play yesterday and told me it had a beautiful centre but a nightmare pickup as it was so heavy. I'm now wondering if this is affecting my ability to cut properly.

Yeah I got it, it's great for me. But I prefer my beauty which I picked up a few months ago since it's a lot lighter than the Beast. I seemed to play my shots in right. Had to play them earlier than compared to my Slazenger since the pick up was terrible for someone like me, nonetheless I got it from my relative, can't complain really.

The bat helped me throw from a mile away with all the weights I initially used just to get control over the pick up.

tonybosse

School Cricketer
Slazenger V500 Masterblaster ive had it for about 7 years.

I really want to buy a fisher though, just gotta go give the bloke a visit

OffCutters

International Coach
Use to have a Gray Nicolls Fusion, had a Gray Nicolls Nitro few weeks back...toe broke in the nets.

I just got a new English Willow Kookaburra Beast yesterday and tried it out today it the nets after knocking it in, it`s a beauty. Nice middle, quite light, suits me fine, i love it.

just_cricket

Club Captain
I got a Slazenger The Don from Kingsgrove Sports in Australia. It was great, only place in the world that has them in Small Mens size, got to choose out of about 20 SM size bats there, found the perfect bat. 2lb 4oz, picks up nicely, Grade 1 willow, pretty meaty as well. Couldn't ask for anything more, I'll stick with Slazenger for a while now...

Eon

Club Cricketer
I am currently using a Hero Honda (it was cheap for something that is decent) i was using my dads old bat, which is about a 20 year old gray nicolls optima or ultima or something like that. It was the top of the range when he got it. It still goes well for being nearly as old as i am lol.

I am wanting to get a good bat most likely going to be a Gray Nicolls Ignite 500, Im not good enough to require a grade 1 english willow bat. and i cant afford it. it has a large long thick middle, being medium to high on the bat, which is good for me being as i seem to always hit a bit high on the bat anyway. but most likely will stay with the honda for the next season it still has a pretty descent middle

Users who are viewing this thread