Your Cricket What cricket bat do you use?

billyb

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gm Purist 05 season. 606
Crap middle, easy to crack, NEVER AGAIN
(thats why i'm buying a 2009 Gm catalyst or purist, obviously)!(original LE)

Houdini

School Cricketer
Got a GM Hero..
Its got a decent middle.
Unfortunately it gets a lot of edges..

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Realised the other day how crap my Gold Woodworm Hard-Drive is. The toe's already cracked, there's a fairly big crack just above the toe, and now there's a crack in the middle of the bat. That's after being knocked in for longer than the little booklet said, and after oiling a number of times, and not over-oiling either. It's useless. Got a cracking middle, and is perfectly weighted, but the willow itself is woeful. No wonder Woodworm got such a bad rep. Really tempted to buy the last gen Puma Ballistic. Found the top of the range one online for ?140 =O I've had a little play with one in a store when they first came out, and they're fantastic bats, look stunning as well. Seriously tempted, not sure if I really need it yet though :( Just such a good bargain.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I could do with a cricket shop, it's so much easier to choose a bat when you can pick it up and try it but all I have is JJB which gives you the crappiest bats with giant knots in the middle. I remember when me and some mates bought 6 crappy 5 quid kashmir willow bats from JJb and tried them out without any knocking in or oiling. Couple of them coped alright. :D

KP I used my mates Puma once, hit the first 2 balls for 4 and thought it was an awesome bat. Don't know if it was a ballistic but it was green lolz.

I'm not sure whether to get a new bat. I get one every year, it's just traditition for me to turn up and everyone to shout all the gear but no idea. Quite happy with my genesis which is the best bat I've ever used. Got a Gray Nicholls spare too. Not sure I can warrant spending ?200 on a bat when I'm meant to be saving money though.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeh, the Ballistic is the green one. Here's a pic:

Puma%20Ballistic%205000%20bat.jpg

That the one? I think I'm going to order the Ballistic. It's a cracking deal, ?140 for a G1 English Willow bat, and one that looks nice as well :p. I love the pick-up of them as well, had a play with one in a shop. Probably won't use it till either late in the season, or until winter nets next year though, although I say that now, if I buy one I'll want to use it as soon as possible :p

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Don't think I'll be getting a Puma Ballistic anymore, the 2007/8 models don't have brilliant reviews, and although the pick-up is nice, they're mass produced by machines, so there's a decent chance you'll get a duff one, which is what's happened with my Woodworm. I've been browsing some online stores, and have found a new bat that I want, the new GM Icon 909 DMX. Has brilliant reviews, and it sounds fantastic for the price. It's prime Grade 1 English Willow, comes with GM NOW (pre knocked-in, oiled, GM Dri Guard and anti-scuff sheet fitted) and GM ToeTek and it has a fantastic pick-up. Looks awesome also, here are a few pics:

2009_AB_Icon-m.jpg

Ravi1.jpg

Ravi2.jpg

Looks awesome, only ?161.95 on 1 site that I've found =D

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
That's actually a good price for a Grade 1 English Willow bat though. I've got a money tree in my back garden anyway apparently, so ?161 is nothing :p

Houdini

School Cricketer
Nice.. a money tree.. must be handy. :D
It looks real sharp on the first pic.
But looks nice in the action shots.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
My Woodworm Hard Drive has gone to shite. I made sure I knocked it in before winter nets, gave it a good oiling, and it had been used last season, but every week I've used it something else has gone wrong with it. There's a crack in the middle of the bat, there are now cracks in the toe, and 2 new fairly big cracks on the outside edge, one of them has had a lump taken out of it. Definitely going to be buying a new bat in a week or so, Woodworm's are shite. Avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread