What is this going on??

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
We have a rule that we shouldn't use text speech.
I do agree and even I follow it since I know it.
But, I got a new idea of posting in this manner:-
I saw yu in a hotle eating biscuit. f uo do tat nd type n txt specch, ou'l b banned.
What about this??
Some users do exactly in this way.
They say reasons like typing faster leads to this mistake, keyboard not working properly etc etc.
What I actually wanted to post is
I saw you in a hotel eating Biscuit. If you do that and type in text speech, you'll be banned.
Isn't that text speech??
And even, I don't understand why do we have a rule on text speech after all these are going on.
So, my question finally.
What is going on, on this area??
If they say its a typo, you'll excuse them and if they say text speech, you'll infract them.
What I want to suggest is:-
Code:
If you want to have a rule on text speech, even have a rule on typing properly.
Is there any solution for this??
For me,
They Should be "BANNED"
When I asked why is it made a rule on text speech, some persons replied to keep the forum neat and clean.
But I don't understand how does the forum looks neat and clean with the typos.
If you say that it can happen to any one, why do only some people do that REGULARLY.?
And why can't I type in text speech and say that it is a typo??
You may reply that people may not know the spellings and meanings.
In that case, I strongly suggest people above 15 years to use.
I don't want to put up any name here.
And I even suggest people not to post any names.
Admin, Think it off seriously and frame a rule (if possible) on this area.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
The staff infracts those people who know how to type but still use shortcuts like 'u' instead of 'you', 'r' instead of 'are' and so on.

"The staff doesn't infract those who actually don't know the language and hence can't post properly. The staff bans those who know the language but still don't post properly."

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont think there is any person who types like this.
nice 1ne budy bt u need 2 impruve.
I dont think there is any one in this forum who types text speach and says it was a typo.I would also say that i was typing very fast quite days ago and even these days my some posts are written very fastly but i am improving it as far as i think i am improving my writing skills and same could be case with many people when i was new i was also typing text speach like u n 1nce so what old member's can do is just tell newbies to read the rules so that they can understand rules and can post helpful and understandable posts.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I dont think there is any person who types like this.I dont think there is any one in this forum who types text speach and says it was a typo.I would also say that i was typing very fast quite days ago and even these days my some posts are written very fastly but i am improving it as far as i think i am improving my writing skills and same could be case with many people when i was new i was also typing text speach like u n 1nce so what old member's can do is just tell newbies to read the rules so that they can understand rules and can post helpful and understandable posts.
You say you're trying to improve but you still haven't. Even this post, none but 1 full stop. I couldn't understand much after the second line mate.

Binnu, there's a difference between a typo and text speak. We all know that. Typos are once, twice, but text speak is always. Everyone knows mate, chill.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I am not saying i have completely improved.I am trying to improve and i think text speach and typo mistakes are two different things aren't they?

Last edited:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I dont think he means posting without punctuation i think he means that someone type fast and he types your's to urs.Many people will think he has typed text speach but binnu can only tell us what he means.

Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
I dont think he means posting without punctuation i think he means that someone type fast and he types your's to urs.Many people will think he has typed text speach but binnu can only tell us what he means.

:facepalm

Aditya ! oh god!

;)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am going to infract the posts with text speak here :p

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
There ARE some users who are using Text speech in name of Typo.
and TBH, Aditya did in when he came in first and even now, he does it but not very often.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
I am going to infract the posts with text speak here :p

r u 4 real? :p

Honestly, you can tell if someone regularly infracts or not using 'text speak', and if it really bugged you enough to write a massive post about then fine, obviously there is some sort of problem. But the best solution and only practical solution, like the mods have told us over and over again, is to just report the post. Itz smple rly, jst repot tteh post to da moderaterz, prblem slved!11!!11!!/ :clap :noway :happy:happy :doh

And don't blame Aditya, he's trying his best. Would you like it if you liked to play soccer and tried to post on an Italian based forum without understanding the full language?

:rollseyes

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
r u 4 real? :p

Honestly, you can tell if someone regularly infracts or not using 'text speak', and if it really bugged you enough to write a massive post about then fine, obviously there is some sort of problem. But the best solution and only practical solution, like the mods have told us over and over again, is to just report the post. Itz smple rly, jst repot tteh post to da moderaterz, prblem slved!11!!11!!/ :clap :noway :happy:happy :doh

And don't blame Aditya, he's trying his best. Would you like it if you liked to play soccer and tried to post on an Italian based forum without understanding the full language?

:rollseyes
Mate, No one is producing names here.
And Aditya is one of my cool pal and no need on blaming on him.
I said that even now, he does it very rarely. And mate, a community called "Team India- Men In Blue" in Orkut is pure example of text speech.
That community has 2lac odd members and it was rated 3rd most active forum in orkut for 2008.
But now, its going slowly down.
And at that peak time, I was moderating that community. And that was the main reason, at the start here at planetcricket (of me), I typed so much of text speech and I even have an infraction on it.
I gave up moderation there as I couldn't study properly because of that.
In that community, people directly bash up on moderators, Players rudely.
They use to type "10dlkr" for Tendulkar.
And the match was going on, what they type looks like English written by old professors.
But in the same community, I added a rule on spelling Mistakes from when, text speech is under its limit.

I think it would be very unfair to ban people just because they don't post in perfect English when English isn't their first language.
It's annoying when someone who is from an English-speaking nation, meaning they should be able to post with good spelling/punctuation/sentence structure, posts without those things.

As skrillex said though, reporting posts (using this icon ->
report.gif
) is the thing to do if you think someone is breaking the rules, the mods will do something about it if they agree with you.
If you give warnings on forum, no person like such will listen. Even, if you infract them, they won't listen.
Its waste of time doing all those things like warning etc etc.
They should be banned for a week or at least three to four days.
I even agree that Ban is too high punishment but for those people, its correct way of getting them on track.

Binnu added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Hey Aditya, please e out of here as you may feel inconvenient reading your name on every post.:laugh:laugh

Users who are viewing this thread