Your Cricket Whats your high score in Cricket

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
206 in a tour match but go it off 400 balls- it was the worst innings of my life

LOL, at least make your lies believable. 206 was the worst innings of your life, yeh sure mate.

I have a game on Sunday, and then another on Wednesday. Hope to get into double figures if i get a decent innings. My top score has slowly been improving though. Had a shocking net practise with the bat on Thursday though, got out about 4 times. Apart form the 4 wickets i played pretty well, very watchful, very straight bat. Played a couple of nice cuts and drives though, aswell as a nice hook shot off a full toss at my helmet :p

sd92

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hate people who lie, on here. Thats the problem with these threads. Its amazing how many double century makers we have on Planetcricket, we should get a team together we would be a hell of a side...

And Monty57, get a life mate! Make your lies believable if you really want to lie!

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I believe Monty57 believe it or not.

I played a 20 over game the other day. I scored 166 but it took more than 40 balls so I was dropped for the next game. Worst innings of my life.

kookaburra69

International Coach
I believe Monty57 believe it or not.

I played a 20 over game the other day. I scored 166 but it took more than 40 balls so I was dropped for the next game. Worst innings of my life.

Haha no wonder you were dropped,that strike rate sucks!:rolleyes:

Monty57

Club Cricketer
LOL, at least make your lies believable. 206 was the worst innings of your life, yeh sure mate.

I have a game on Sunday, and then another on Wednesday. Hope to get into double figures if i get a decent innings. My top score has slowly been improving though. Had a shocking net practise with the bat on Thursday though, got out about 4 times. Apart form the 4 wickets i played pretty well, very watchful, very straight bat. Played a couple of nice cuts and drives though, aswell as a nice hook shot off a full toss at my helmet :p

I dont really care if you dont believe me and if you have stood outside for 2 days-you will realise why it was the worst innings of my life

tech.007

Club Cricketer
during the school days i played cricket and used to get 20-30 runs but not more then that................

But i was the fastest of all bowlers i bowled yorker length ball ..........

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I dont really care if you dont believe me and if you have stood outside for 2 days-you will realise why it was the worst innings of my life

206, althought rare at any form, be it youth or adult, and into County games.

But its not impossible, so if you've done it congratulations. I've played in France against an upcoming northern french collect side 2 summers ago and made 100 against below par bowling, but with the shoddy pitch i spent from 12.40 to 18.55 out there, i played a slash shot at the ball which ended up carrying to the keeper. Either way, i was loving it, staying in etc.

You have to be a patient kind of person, which im not!

And 206 over two days at youth age is a bit strange, as you usually have to retire. But to say its your worst knock, is really demeaning it, its like, oh, top scored BUT took a few days, so im gunna disregard it. Not every top score is priceless wether its world record timing, quick, slow or normal.

Monty57

Club Cricketer
True but i didnt really like the innings-it was like i wasnt getting out-I had shots dropped,ball just missing the stumps it just felt a bit of a rough innings but a run is a run

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Monty57, if you include more information in your post then people are more likely to believe you. You don't have to include individual names but things such as opposition, age group, type of match etc all help.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Played last evening, hit 51* playing at 6. Off 40+ balls. Dropped twice, out of a no ball and skied a six which looked a sure catch down at third man, but overall i was playing along the ground well, looking for the gaps.

Bowling, 3-1-13-1, the wicket was a leg glance to a reletively wide leg slip who took 3 attempts to pouch it. I was involved in a run out, bowled a reletively high looping ball which was deposited arial just behind the slips, and our wicketkeeper (Who has a hand problem so wasn't behind the stumps) made a direct hit. I was doing a bit of a dance, fantastic throwing from a way out!

Overall we won by 17 runs, scoring 167 off 33.4 overs.... they where bowled out in 25 overs with our wicketkeeper (Sore hand man) having a bowl and taking a cracking wicket with some square turning leg spin, round the wicket, behind the batsmens legs, and onto leg stump..A la Warne, but not as good :p

xylo

School Cricketer
Made a lot of 50's, but only three score in excess of 100. 162* / 174* / 187 caught on the slog!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I dont want to talk about my innings on sunday :(

What happened ? 450* but unfortunately it came in 250 balls, way too slow :rolleyes:

I am hoping to improve on my top score of 9 today. Have an academy game, hopefully get a decent bat again, opened the batting in the last academy game, and my 9 gave me the 3rd top score :P. Apparently i'm going to get a decent bowl aswell, hoping to get my full 8 overs in.

Here are my stats- My bowling on Sunday was dissapointing, i bowled decent areas but got slogged around, bound to happen every now and then. 0-21 off 2 overs isnt exactly flattering though.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
that statistics thing for your cricket club website looks way good lol, wish my cricket club had something like that, is it a big club ?

stevenage

Last edited by a moderator:

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Chimp - the website is play-cricket (google it). Your club may well have a page on there. What club do you play for and I'll have a look.

This is the link for Stevenage Cricket Club.

They only appear to put up the first XI though. I lie, this is the team list page.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread