Which Player Would You Give To The Opposition!!

D

Dutch

After looking at the thread about which foreign player you would like to have in your national side, I thought it would be fun and interesting to think about the following: imagine a new ICC rule which dictated that each team had to give one of their players to the opposing team! I know, silly but fun!

You could just name one player from your national squad you would "give away" or also state which player you think the opposition would give to you in return.

For example: Blackcaps are playing England: New Zealand would probably like to give Chris Martin away and England would give them Ian Bell in return!:D

Sorry if it has been done before! I am curious as to peoples different choices.

kumara1234

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We can give Upul 'Edged' Tharanga away for Sehwag in return... if they like for a change. :banana2

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Poor Australian fans won't know who to nominate. Shane Watson was the unanimous choice for years, but now shock horror - the dude can actually play :eek: He's actually looking very Matthew Haydenesque at the top of the innings. Cameron White then became the lucky guy being carried around, but he's played very well of late too in the ODIs.

But back to Tests, Hauritz is probably our worst player, but man if we gave him away we'd be far worse off given his replacements wouldn't be much good either. Hauritz is still solid, but not the usual Australian player standard.

Maybe Ricky Ponting (!!!), possibly Marcus North or Peter Siddle. But really, we'd like to keep the players we've got thanks very much. :p

Ari

International Cricketer
Does it have to be only one or can we give them most our top order? :laugh

TumTum

International Cricketer
Marcus North, has a limited range of shots and gets bogged down when the pressure is on, no help what so ever.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I don't think any team would want Hauritz anyway! Maybe we can make a deal and get rid of Johnson though.
India maybe Sharma in return? Or Mishra
England, Broad, Swann? Anderson would be ideal but no way they would be that silly to let him go :p
Or SA, Morne Morkel.

D

Dutch

Does it have to be only one or can we give them most our top order? :laugh

Ha ha!

Well anyway the idea is that you cant choose which player you would like in return, you have to think which player would the opposition like to get rid of as well!

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
If Anderson can get his swing bowling even more on the line, I'd like him to play for India, in place of, say Sudeep Tyagi :)

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
You could just name one player from your national squad you would "give away" or also state which player you think the opposition would give to you in return.

Tyagi's in the national squad. What I meant was that Eng-India trade Jim for Tyagi. We get Jim, they get Tyagi

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
India seem to want fast bowlers so they can have Powell and Best lol. In exchange for Dravid and Dhoni.

Users who are viewing this thread