Who Is Your Favourite Batsmen To Watch

At the moment I just love to watch Umer Akmal "The Superstar".

Last edited:
Indians: Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, and Gautam Gambhir.

Others: Ricky Ponting, Kevin Peiterson, Andrew Flintof, T. Dilshan, and Chris Gayle

:rtflNon Batters:rtfl: Harbhajan Singh and Mitchell Johnson

Anil Kumble in the eve of his career. Was real stodgey, hard to dislodge and was even amongst one of the most reliable batsman in our team as the top order was out of form (with the added burden of a hapless Jaffer and Yuvraj, and with Dravid really low in confidence).

Kumble is the role model cricketer. Will bat and bowl for hours with 100% dedication on every ball and will still field his best at short mid on or wherever he was placed. Whatever he didn't have talent in he made up with hard work and dedication. This is why I believe he was a better team player than his spin counterparts in Murali and maybe even Warne.

Probably Ponting as he's always got the runs ticking over and he plays some of the most magnificent strokes ever. Attacking all the time, and has played some of the great knocks ala Manchester

Indians: Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, and Gautam Gambhir.

Others: Ricky Ponting, Kevin Peiterson, Andrew Flintof, T. Dilshan, and Chris Gayle

:rtflNon Batters:rtfl: Harbhajan Singh and Mitchell Johnson

Some one who has got a test hundred hundred against a good SAF attack in South Africa deserves not to be called a non batter. MJ is pretty much an allrounder these days IMHO.

I always enjoy when Muralitharan is batting. What a player to watch when comes to batting. Even commentators jump from their seats. :banana2

Ross Taylor, obv. He is the only reliable batsman in kiwis.

Some one who has got a test hundred hundred against a good SAF attack in South Africa deserves not to be called a non batter. MJ is pretty much an allrounder these days IMHO.

Maybe but I think a player is an all rounder if he bats well most of the time and that is not the case with Johnson. I remember Harbhajan Singh was classigied as an all rounder 2 months ago and now he is not.

Watch Sehwag play in a test or one day and forget everything

Australia: Ricky Ponting
Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal
England: Kevin Pietersen
India: Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Guatam Gambhir
New Zealand: Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum
Pakistan: Shahid Afridi
Sri Lanka: Tilakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakarra, Sanath Jayasuriya
South Africa: Herschelle Gibbs, Hashim Amla
West Indies: Chris Gayle, Shiv Chanderpaul

Sehwag, M.Clarke, Ponting, Gayl, G.Smith, M.Dhoni when he gets going is very entertaining to watch, Jayawardene, Jayasuriya, Chanderpaul

Vettori, Taylor, Mitchell Johnson - has the best looking technique ever. Hussey, Hughes
and Watsons cover drives where he goes on one knee almost.

Users who are viewing this thread