who should be dropped ?

who should be dropped to accomadate ganguly

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

masterofthegame

I think Chopra should be kept and Parthiv Patel should be dropped.Rahul Dravid can keep wickets and Ganguly also can and there will be no problem with keeping Yuvraj.

P

pal

Yeah who cares about P. Patel.... let's just throw that "ignorable" matter of 62* in the trash can....... :lol: :lol:

M

Markyb

Yeah that is true they do average more than Langer/Hayden even though they've played a lot less Tests but still come on the only current opening pair averaging more than them is Smith/Gibbs ? That is saying that they are a good opening pair !!!

M

Markyb

Yeah that's true Chopra/Sehwag are currently 2nd in the world for average opening stands they're behind Smith/Gibbs who average 80.93 and ahead of Langer/Hayden who average 59.35 ? So that's saying even though they've played a lot less Tests than the other two that they are a good opening pair, so why possibly mess something up while it's going well ???

M

Markyb

Sorry guys but I didn't even want to post on this page but they keep on being directed here ??? Trying to post on the Yuvraj/Chopra topic ??? :unfazed:

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by JazzG@Apr 11 2004, 07:43 AM
Chopra would have to be dropped imo, Yuvraj offers a lot with his batting and fielding.? Can even bowl a decent ball or two when needed as well? :OOO:

chopra seems to be a class fielder as well. He has definately taken some class catches in recent past... I stick to my guns: Drop Laxman.

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apparently akash chopra will be dropped with either yuvraj or ganguly opening

N

Nirav85

i got say chopra, like gangs said, u cant dorp a guy who just scored a century but i rather see dravid opening the innings, he and chopras style is similar and if there is one guy u want seeing through the new ball, it would be dravid

I

indyan

in the end, Patel is opening!
I think it's a good move.He is the perfect foil for Shewag.But now that Shewag has got out cheaply,it may look a bit stupid.

Originally posted by indyan Posted on Apr 10 2004@ 11:32 AM
I think opening with Yuvraj and Shewag will be too risky.
And as far as Dravid is concerned he is very unwilling for that job.

I think going by the way he played in the second innings Parthiv is a better bet.
So Chopra must give away for Yuvraj who will play in the middle order,and let Parthiv open.

Sorry guys but I didn't even want to post on this page but they keep on being directed here ??? Trying to post on the Yuvraj/Chopra topic ??? :unfazed:

:OOO: What's that supposed to mean?

yer your right Jazz, i'm talking about the massive amounts of time-wasting
Well,I also don't support time wasting,but you have to remember the immense pressure on Ganguly.It's a billion people's responsibility on his solders.Cricket is a religion here.he has to make sure that he gets everything spot on.Hence it's possible that he may take a bit of time in setting the field in tight matches.And just because of that u can't say that Ganguly sucks. :mellow:

M

masterofthegame

ya ... and parthiv opening with sehwag ... its an amazing decision ... as Ramiz Raza said dont bowl to patel keep him there :lol: :D

Users who are viewing this thread