who should be dropped ?

who should be dropped to accomadate ganguly

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think Chopra should be kept and Parthiv Patel should be dropped.Rahul Dravid can keep wickets and Ganguly also can and there will be no problem with keeping Yuvraj.

Yeah who cares about P. Patel.... let's just throw that "ignorable" matter of 62* in the trash can....... :lol: :lol:

Yeah that is true they do average more than Langer/Hayden even though they've played a lot less Tests but still come on the only current opening pair averaging more than them is Smith/Gibbs ? That is saying that they are a good opening pair !!!

Yeah that's true Chopra/Sehwag are currently 2nd in the world for average opening stands they're behind Smith/Gibbs who average 80.93 and ahead of Langer/Hayden who average 59.35 ? So that's saying even though they've played a lot less Tests than the other two that they are a good opening pair, so why possibly mess something up while it's going well ???

Sorry guys but I didn't even want to post on this page but they keep on being directed here ??? Trying to post on the Yuvraj/Chopra topic ??? :unfazed:

Originally posted by JazzG@Apr 11 2004, 07:43 AM
Chopra would have to be dropped imo, Yuvraj offers a lot with his batting and fielding.? Can even bowl a decent ball or two when needed as well? :OOO:

chopra seems to be a class fielder as well. He has definately taken some class catches in recent past... I stick to my guns: Drop Laxman.

Apparently akash chopra will be dropped with either yuvraj or ganguly opening

i got say chopra, like gangs said, u cant dorp a guy who just scored a century but i rather see dravid opening the innings, he and chopras style is similar and if there is one guy u want seeing through the new ball, it would be dravid

in the end, Patel is opening!
I think it's a good move.He is the perfect foil for Shewag.But now that Shewag has got out cheaply,it may look a bit stupid.

Originally posted by indyan Posted on Apr 10 2004@ 11:32 AM
I think opening with Yuvraj and Shewag will be too risky.
And as far as Dravid is concerned he is very unwilling for that job.

I think going by the way he played in the second innings Parthiv is a better bet.
So Chopra must give away for Yuvraj who will play in the middle order,and let Parthiv open.

Sorry guys but I didn't even want to post on this page but they keep on being directed here ??? Trying to post on the Yuvraj/Chopra topic ??? :unfazed:

:OOO: What's that supposed to mean?

yer your right Jazz, i'm talking about the massive amounts of time-wasting
Well,I also don't support time wasting,but you have to remember the immense pressure on Ganguly.It's a billion people's responsibility on his solders.Cricket is a religion here.he has to make sure that he gets everything spot on.Hence it's possible that he may take a bit of time in setting the field in tight matches.And just because of that u can't say that Ganguly sucks. :mellow:

ya ... and parthiv opening with sehwag ... its an amazing decision ... as Ramiz Raza said dont bowl to patel keep him there :lol: :D

Users who are viewing this thread