Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now that we are in the play-off's
with
1)RCB
2)CSK
3)MI
4)KKR

Who do you think has the best chance of winning THE IPL..??

I think CSK has the best chance IMO ,
PS- I hate them to the core ,
But with the playoffs and finals at Mumbai and chennai where the pitch is assisting the winners,
CSK is the only team looking good to win the match
Only IMO KKR can give them a challenge because they have spinners that can match CSK

So what do you people think.?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Time will tell. :p

I see that irritates people. But when it comes to the play offs there's nothing much you can say about. The first two being held in Mumbai, I suppose, will be crucial.

Statistically speaking, If CSK win their first play off game then they will have the home advantage in the finals, as Chennai is their fortress. If they go on to lose, I'm sure RCB will have a fair chance of making it to the finals setting themselves against Mumbai Indians.

But these all are based on Stats and nothing else. We don't know how things will take their turns. But I'm hoping RCB be a spoilsport for CSK (hehe)

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
One thing for sure that RCB won't win, strongest team has never won IPL in final.

KXIP in 1st season, DD in 2nd season and MI in 3rd season could not win the competition despite having good run in Round-Robin stage. So it will be same in this season too. :D

CSk has the big chance again, but MI and KKR can win if they play to their potential. Sachin and Malinga should get back to their best form to win the title for us. :thumbs

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Because the three seasons have been failures for the league toppers the play off system is into play. So a loss shouldn't bother RCB, the toppers, unless they really buckle under pressure of slumping out of the contest or CSK outperforms them in Mumbai and they go down to MI or KKR in their next game which of course is 50/50, you never know.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Final rankings and their rank at the end of the group stages

IPL 1

1.RR (1)
2.CSK (3)
3.KXP (2)
4.DD (4)

IPL 2

1.DC (4)
2.RCB (3)
3.DD (1)
4.CSK (2)

IPL 3

1.CSK (3)
2.MI (1)
3.RCB (4)
4.DC (2)

IPL 4

RCB
CSK
MI
KKR

Notice a pattern in those brackets? :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I would love to say that it will be CSK, but I can see MI peaking at just the right time again to have a major fling at the title. Maybe CSK vs MI final again with MI scrapping through this time?

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Gotta be CSK now. Its going to be difficult for any team to beat them especially in their home ground where they've won 7 out of 7. Only Rcb (if they qualify) can come close to beat them.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I am supporting MI but the hard fact is that I don't think that MI can peak just at the right moment. Their approach towards the game in opening overs has been horrible and they lost the match their itself. But I still hope It will be MI vs CSK + revenge time.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am supporting MI but the hard fact is that I don't think that MI can peak just at the right moment. Their approach towards the game in opening overs has been horrible and they lost the match their itself. But I still hope It will be MI vs CSK + revenge time.

If at all CSK has to lose the final, it has to be to MI and Sachin Tendulkar. I don't want CSK to lose to any of the other guys like KKR and RCB. After CSK, I admire the MI team and I wish MI make it to the final and we beat them once again (or if its not our day, wont be disappointed as much to lose to MI):cheers

vickyrox

Club Captain
The only team that can IMO defeat csk AT chennai is KKR..They are the only team that ran them close in chennai. and they have spinners that can match upto CSK
But for that we need to win today

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
RCb can quite match CSK in Chennai if they drop the bloody useless Mithun for Syed Mohammed who was going pretty well .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The only team that can IMO defeat csk AT chennai is KKR..They are the only team that ran them close in chennai. and they have spinners that can match upto CSK
But for that we need to win today

Mumbai havent played Chennai in Chennai this year.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
RCB v MI as pre final stuff. Though I won't prefer it, but it'll be a 'revenge type thingy' for last years Semi Final, where Mumbai beat us.
RCB has two revenges left out now- Mumbai- for beating us in SF of IPL 3, Chennai- for beating us in SF of CLT20 and beating day before yesterday!

Two revenges ahead for the title:thumbs!

PS: People might have observed it or not, same set of teams, which qualified for CLT20 2010, qualified for CLT20 2011 (Bangalore, Chennai and Mumbai).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread