Who would be your next England Manager?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mourinhos out so it looks like Lippi or Capello, I'd definitely go for Lippi, I think his English is good enough, he's won everything you can win in Italy and he's won the world cup so he can do it internationally, he's the man for the job.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Lippi or Capello, plus a young England man under his wing to learn from their masses of experience. I'd prefer Lippi, as he is a proven International man. Whoever it is though should only be given a two year 'trial' to start off with. That's the way it's done in Italy. They would laugh at the idea of giving the International manager a 4/5 year contract straight off the bat!

Edit: Why we didn't go through this process before Euro 2008 qualifying, God only knows!

PhilD123

International Coach
Looks like its gonna be Capello, and I'm happy about that, he's got the experience of big jobs. One thing though, this signals the end for Beckham, theres no way he'll get into the side after what happened at Madrid.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I wouldn't be so sure, Capello had the humility to let Beckham back in afterwards and he helped them win the league.

I think Capello will be very good for the England team and give it the kick up the arse it badly needs! One thing I hope he can influence is getting our lads thinking about footy more than appearing in stupid bloody advertising campaigns! (Leave that to the real actors, like me ;) )
You can bank on him not taking any crap though, and dropping people if they deserve it, no matter how big the name!!

themuel1

International Coach
I wouldn't be so sure, Capello had the humility to let Beckham back in afterwards and he helped them win the league.

I think Capello will be very good for the England team and give it the kick up the arse it badly needs! One thing I hope he can influence is getting our lads thinking about footy more than appearing in stupid bloody advertising campaigns! (Leave that to the real actors, like me ;) )
You can bank on him not taking any crap though, and dropping people if they deserve it, no matter how big the name!!

Yeah...for ?6 million a year he'll be brilliant. Honestly, where is the motivation to do well in this job? The FA were so desperate Capello named his bloody price!

Why did Martin O' Neil etc not want the job? Because they prefer to work most of the year instead of just 3 weeks.

From what I've heard Capello enjoys a boring grinding out results sort of football, which will mean watching England won't get much better.....

But hey, good luck to him. If he can get us playing football than he'll have done a good job, considering what he has to work with (players and FA).

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
lets be postiivee and stop beinfg really English :DD he'll make yuoo sleep wit h the fisheys otherwisee.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Exactly! Give the guy a chance. But for God's sake, let's not say we're going to win the World Cup if we beat Switzerland, you know what the press are like. Remember Sven's first game, 3-0 vs Spain - a decent team in anyone's language? And look what happened then. Let's give him a few games and see if we can see his influence on the team (especially defensively!)

I thought he was getting ?4m a year? People were saying that Mourinho wanted ?6m, Capello was going to do it for ?4m. Once again though, we've given a manager a long contract. Do what Italy do, FA! Give him a two year trial and if he's good, extend it. That way, if he's a disaster (massively unlikely in my view), you won't have to pay off the rest of the contract. God, when will those stuffed suited idiots learn?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Remember Sven's first game, 3-0 vs Spain - a decent team in anyone's language? And look what happened then.
He took England from 17th in the rankings to 5th . He took England to 3 successive Quarter Finals (WC2002, Euro2004, WC2006), something no other European country did during that period. He lost only 5 competitive games during his spell in charge. He was England's second most successful manager statistically. Oh and He beat Germany 5-1 ;)

Monty57

Club Cricketer
I agree with Kev we took sven for granted. Anyway as a Madrid fan Capello is a ledgend to me. It will be intresting to see who he picks as Captain, Capello doesnt take an crap and John Terry is cocky,gets in trouble with the refs and useually in the papers for something or the other. When Gerrard doesnt get in trouble with refs and never useually in the papers but will do what Capello wants in the game.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
He took England from 17th in the rankings to 5th . He took England to 3 successive Quarter Finals (WC2002, Euro2004, WC2006), something no other European country did during that period. He lost only 5 competitive games during his spell in charge. He was England's second most successful manager statistically. Oh and He beat Germany 5-1 ;)

Aye. But he then fell apart at the World Cup, both tactically and in his squad selection...

Users who are viewing this thread