Why I have ordered Cricket05 when I have BLIC.

D_C

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Firstly Brian Lara Int. Cricket 2005 is a GREAT game. For one reason which is best explefied by the following story.

"I invited a college friend who plays no-sport, but enjoys watching One-Day cricket, around my house for an evening. I mentioned BLIC, he said he would like a go. Within an over he was hitting balls and within three had hit a four. He gave bowling a go and was enthralled and is now going to buy the game. He left my house that evening eager to watch the first Ashes test."

For interesting people in the game BLIC is great, and for a 20-20 game BLIC is great, however for a more experienced cricketer/fan BLIC is in one word unrealistic. Fun, but not what I was after in a cricket game.

I have as a result is that I have ordered Cricket 05 and will no doubt rue the fact that it was made by EA even if the reports that it is relatively bug-free are substatiated.

The one event that made me fork out another ?25 was playing a test match in BLIC. It wasn't the lack of real names, the ease of hitting fours or the fact that bowling is far TOO MUCH fun despite the speed bug that made me click "confirm order". Rather it was the fact that when batting and bowling I felt rushed...rushed into facing the oncoming Brett Lee and later rushed into haring in to bowl the next ball with Freddie.

Cricket is a game that does not move at lightening speed, but a game that moves with a sedate beauty. Playing the EA Cricket 2005 demo this evening for the first time in a long time reminded me of how I spend my Saturday afternoons - struggling to hit the damn ball against seemingly innocuous bowlers, but enjoying every second of it.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I take it your a bowler then :D or a bad batsmen :p . Im the same Brian Lara is unrealistic and although cricket 2005 is in some ways, it is a far better game!

Users who are viewing this thread