Ultimate BLIC 2005 V's Cricket 2005...

savvart

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have just played both demo's quite a bit and here are the honest comparisons:

Everyone bagged Cricket 2005 because it was this or was that but after playing BLIC 2005 I realise that EA have got an excellent game there...

BLIC 2005:

The commentary is repetative and inaccurate (similar to EA)...

The batting is so stupid because the batsman just ficks the ball for six and they can also hit a six easily over 1st slip (what rubbish) at least EA has an excellent looking and realistic batting map...

The bowling is good with the outswing and inswing (EA I am not sure of yet, maybe someone could enlighten us)...

The fielding is pretty stupid also. The fielder will run along with the ball and allow easy boundaries (at least EA seems to have made the fielders dive more powerfully to stop boundaries)...

The umpires decisions leave a lot to be desired. I have had some absolutely plum LBW's given not out (similar with EA)...

The catching is difficult, but that's a good thing. I wish the computer dropped a few more catches...

That's it for now. I'll be buying both, but at this stage EA Cricket 2005 has my vote. Will know more once its released for PC in Sydney, Australia...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes, with the demo, EA C2k5 looks to be having the edge. But play the BLIC demo for more times and I am sure people will start liking it. And the game will have the Hard mode and the demo has only medium difficulty. I still have hope on BLIC 2005

willv88

Club Cricketer
i think people are misjudging cricket 05, remember u could only bat 3 overs in the demo not like blic where u can bowl and bat 6. i think just looking at cricket 05 it is a much better game. people are only sayin blic because the demo was longer. all the graphics and gameplay head to cricket 05.

james456

School Cricketer
Played as Bangladesh?

Hi,
How did you manage to play as Bangladesh in BLIC? I only get two options - Australia and England. Do I have to edit some file?

Thanks

nikhil_99

International Coach
Hey guys i have played the full version of EA Cricket 2005....

Its not like that which u have mentioned here ......

The game play is fast compared to Cricket 2004 really fast....
The bugs like the wicket keeper is eliminated he reallys runs down fast and stumps if we try to run when the baal hits pad or bat and is on or near to pitch..

The graphics are really excellent....

The bolwer bowls yoerkers and swings the ball both ways...if he bowls perticula delivery good then he continously bowls in that region (next3-4 balls at least and then he changes the line)...

Good game ..... play the full version guys !!!

savvart

Associate Cricketer
Can't wait to get my hands on Cricket 2005.

I have played the BLIC demo quite a bit now and it is the one that is more disappointing actually...

Why isn't Cricket 2005 released in Australia already???

I'm just impatient...

kamrandahir

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
savvart said:
Have just played both demo's quite a bit and here are the honest comparisons:

Everyone bagged Cricket 2005 because it was this or was that but after playing BLIC 2005 I realise that EA have got an excellent game there...

BLIC 2005:

The commentary is repetative and inaccurate (similar to EA)...

The batting is so stupid because the batsman just ficks the ball for six and they can also hit a six easily over 1st slip (what rubbish) at least EA has an excellent looking and realistic batting map...

The bowling is good with the outswing and inswing (EA I am not sure of yet, maybe someone could enlighten us)...

The fielding is pretty stupid also. The fielder will run along with the ball and allow easy boundaries (at least EA seems to have made the fielders dive more powerfully to stop boundaries)...

The umpires decisions leave a lot to be desired. I have had some absolutely plum LBW's given not out (similar with EA)...

The catching is difficult, but that's a good thing. I wish the computer dropped a few more catches...

That's it for now. I'll be buying both, but at this stage EA Cricket 2005 has my vote. Will know more once its released for PC in Sydney, Australia...
SORRY TO SAY UR PLAYNG LARA IN COUNTY MODE (EASY MODE)

rohit3d2003

School Cricketer
Cricket2005 is better than BLC

I have played cricket2005 and BLC demo and I also read views of so many people about cricket2005 and BLC. In my opinion the comparison goes this way:

Graphics:

Cricket 2005: It has awesome graphics as well as good animation. The faces looks like as in real life. This gives a touchy feeling to the game. It is far better than Cricket 2004 and Ea has done a good job. Everyone knows Ea means best graphics.

BLC: It also has good graphics and animations but the faces does not reveal the one in real life. Most of the faces looks cartoonist to me with big nose but they have done a fair job too.

Gameplay:

Cricket2005: the gameplay has been improved from its predessor cricket2004. As Andrew said that they corrected bugs of cricket2004 in cricket2k5 but some of them are still there and I don't expect a game without bugs too.

BLC: The gameplay of BLC is good no doubt in that but they lag in the way a batsman batting as we all know there are three types of shots playable in cricket i.e. front foot, backfoot and advance but they didn't have distinction between them same as they did with BLC'99.

Conclusion: If we compare both games with their predessor than both of them did great improvement and comes out with a good game.

The best part of BLC is that they release the demo almost 21 days before so that when final game comes out then they deliver a patch or may be already fix the bugs in the game but Ea had already released it and hope they soon make a patch to fix the bugs.

Anyone who diagree with me, plz reply to my comparison

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
i still find BLC much more fun to play. granted i aint gotten the full version of C2K5, i will soon but i find the BLC demo very fun to play and will be great once i can play on a challenging difficulty level

pandupavan

School Cricketer
yes even i played easports cricket 2005 fullversion the game is not like demo as mentioned above.i think cricket 2005 is the best cricket game till now.it is far more better than BLIC 2005.cricket 2005 is the challenging cricket game.so every one enjoy it

willv88

Club Cricketer
nikhil 99 can you please tell me if the ashes series on the game is the exact same as in real life.

Hero

Club Captain
I have very slow dial up connection so have not checked anyone yet.

Users who are viewing this thread